An Unlikely Monster: MotorTrend Roadkill 1950 Ford F6 Stubby Bob

By Mattel Creations Staff

What started out as an old dump truck has been turned into a legendary wheelie dragster.

Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows, "shows you how to do the wrong thing the right way." And one of their recurring project cars is the "Stubby Bob," a 1950 Ford F6. 

Hot Wheels has partnered with MotorTrend to bring you a full-metal 1:64 collector edition of Roadkill’s Stubby Bob, along with a one-year subscription to the MotorTrend+ streaming service.

The dump truck was first purchased as a gag — the Roadkill team dramatically shortened the wheelbase, added a supercharged big-block Chevy behind the cab, and drove the rear wheels through a Gearstar 4L80E transmission and an antique boat V-drive. This turned Roadkill’s Stubby Bob into the world's most unlikely and treacherous wheelstander capable of slicing a trailer hitch through asphalt like a boss. 

Roadkill’s Stubby Bob is one of many souped-up project car stars you’ll see on the MotorTrend+ streaming service. It offers thousands of hours of world-leading automotive series and specials, including every season of Roadkill, Hot Wheels shows Life Size and Legends Tour, the all-new Motor MythBusters, and more. You can stream it anywhere, anytime, ad-free.

To get the Stubby Bob from Roadkill vehicle and your new subscription for the MotorTrend+ streaming service, make sure to select the offer on the dedicated landing page here starting Thursday, August 10, 2023 at 9:00am PT when the link becomes active. This will take you to MotorTrend's website to start the process.

Click Here 

If you did change your subscription but did not fill out the shipping address form to receive your Hot Wheels, please email help@motortrend.com for further assistance.

Could contain: Pickup Truck, Transportation, Truck, Vehicle, Machine, Wheel, CarCould contain: Machine, Spoke, Wheel, Tire, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Transportation, Vehicle, Toy

Specs
-    Body Color: Rusted pearl red 
-    Deco: Realistic rusting paint discoloration patterning
-    Body Type: ZAMAC
-    Driver Side Front Wheel: Medium Real Riders stock car wheel with molded brown hub
-    Passenger Side Front Wheel: Medium Real Riders stock car wheel with pearl white hub
-    Rear Wheels: Large Real Riders stock car wheels with molded brown hubs
-    Base: Full-metal brown painted chassis
-    Window Color: Super-light smoke tinted
-    Interior Color: Pearl red

Packaging 
-    Packaged on a blister card, with a protective clamshell case

Availability
-    RLC Member Gated Access: Begins Thursday  August 10, 2023 at 9:00 AM PT
-    Anyone: Beginning August 15, 2023

Pricing and Purchase Limits:
-    Priced at $44.99 total for new subscribers to the MotorTrend+ streaming service
-    US collectors only (international shipping not available)
-    For questions about your MotorTrend+ subscription, contact MotorTrend customer service
-    For questions about fulfillment of Roadkill’s Stubby Bob vehicle, contact Hot Wheels customer service
-    For full details, including shipping, processing, order limits, and other rules for this promotion, click here
-    For any technical issues, please contact help@motortrend.com

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email. 

MOTORTREND GROUP, LLC. trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.
Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Mattel, Inc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Better stay on them if you want the "Stubby Bob". Inever received my second car from Motor Trend and then they wanted to charge me for a year's subscription when I called to cancel. Had to take it up the ladder before it got cancelled. Be careful on purchasing and stay diligent.

• Like 2

I like the truck to the rear of the cab but nothing about the back half trips my trigger. It would appeal to me as more of   a complete stock pickup looking truck with the patina of course ! Build that & I’m a buyer ! 

Today in the mail, instead of the Nissan Hard Body mail-in that was supposed to be in the package, I got the Stubby Bob. It is cooler than I thought it would be, but I never would have ordered it. 😲 

On 8/15/2023 at 9:39 AM, Starliner60 said:

I like the truck to the rear of the cab but nothing about the back half trips my trigger. It would appeal to me as more of   a complete stock pickup looking truck with the patina of course ! Build that & I’m a buyer ! 

yes... but we had to pick from our existing wheel tooling and we don't currently have anything like them.