Back in Black: RLC Exclusive 1972 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R 

By Mattel Creations Staff 

The fan-favorite ’72 Nissan Skyline is back, but this time we’re taking it straight to the dark side of the street with this sinister black and red design.  

The first Skyline models were made by the Prince Motor Company. After Nissan acquired the company, they kept the Skyline name and evolved it into a racer with the GT-R. Unfortunately, Nissan only created less than 200 models of the Skyline in 1973 due to stricter emission standards, making this car a true rarity in automotive circles.  

We’ve celebrated this model multiple times in the past decade, but this time we wanted to make it mean. For this round, our design team set out to make this JDM racer look menacing with a red-on-black color scheme. The ADVAN livery and authentic sponsor logos give it the racing cred to put a little fear into the hearts of other drivers.  

“The iconic red-on-black ADVAN competition livery makes its first appearance in RLC on the 1972 Skyline H/T 2000GT-R,” says designer Steve Vandervate. “And it looks amazing!” 

This muscled-out, blacked-out JDM masterpiece will be a prize in any collection. Only Red Line Club members are eligible, so check your membership and visit MattelCreations.com on March 12 at 9am PT to score this decked-out speed demon.  

Could contain: Machine, Wheel, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Vehicle, Coupe, Sports CarCould contain: Machine, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Wheel, Coupe, Sports Car, Advertisement

• RLC Exclusive 1972 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R 
  • Features: Opening hood with detailed engine 
  • Body Color: Spectraflame true black and red 
  • Body Type: ZAMAC  
  • Graphics: Authentic manufacturer logos, traditional “Advan” livery on hood and sides, #6 racing number 
  • Wheels: Real Riders racing wheels with black hubs 
  • Base: Full-metal, matte black painted chassis  
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted 
  • Interior Color: Molded black 

PACKAGING: 

• Packaged on an illustrated RLC blister card, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case 

AVAILABILITY: 

• RLC members only: March 12 at 9:00 AM PT until sold out 

PRICING AND PURCHASING LIMITS: 

• Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes) 
  • We offer international shipping – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change) 
  • Limit of TWO (2) per club membership; limit TEN (10) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion) 
  • Refunds only, no exchanges 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email.  
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or other intellectual property rights are used under license. 
Yokohama trademark used under license. 
The KW logo is a registered trademark of KW automotive GhmbH and may not be used without written permission of KW automotive.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Here it says 2 per member but on the sale post it says 1 per account….  No proof read this again??

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Advertisement, Machine, Wheel, Alloy Wheel, Spoke, Tire, Poster

Edited by 222HOTGP
  • Like 3

Saludos, soy nuevo por aca, he hecho pocas compras pero la idea es seguir en esto, tengo mi membrecia activa hasta el 10/2024, pero por lo que veo hay que estar muy atento a la fecha y hora de lanzamiento de los modelos ya que se venden muy rápido 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dirt_Boy_Louie said:

Why change the release date (12 to 13)?

Yea what happened?!  RLC drops have always been on Tuesdays.  I totally freaked and thought I had forgotten to try and nab one!  Did I get lucky and do I have a 2nd chance to get one? 

• Like 1

Yea went to checkout again told to resign in 2 times,claimed 3 times i had no membership,you have to buy membership again,go to checkout,two many memberships,checkout as a guest,paypal finally came up,paypal not getting responce from mattel computer,i knew i lost out again,thanks Mattel for my paid membership purchase on March 4,2024

• Sad 2

"For this round, our design team set out to make this JDM racer look menacing with a red-on-black color scheme"

What!?

This muted burgundy is hardly menacing. It makes me thing of subdued sedans that a lawyer might drive in the suburbs, not a representation of a racing division that is meant to excite people. This is a pretty big disappointment, and it's sad that this poor color choice carried over to the MBK Van. 

Hopefully this blatant mistake is fixed in the future because it's a shame that Hot Wheels designers would drop the ball like this. 

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Machine, Wheel, Truck, Toy, Alloy Wheel, Spoke, Tire

Could contain: Text, Paper