Catch the 2024 Bug: 2024 RLC Membership Exclusive Kawa-Bug-A

By Mattel Creations Staff 

What better way to ring in 2024 than with the official Red Line Club exclusive membership Car? Last year, we featured the ‘93 Ford Mustang Cobra. In 2022, the ‘72 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R was our signature car. This year, we’re putting the RLC spotlight on the ever-popular Kawa-Bug-A. 

“This casting has brought a lot of buzz and excitement to the club over the last few years,” says Hot Wheels designer Steve Vandervate. “We created two popular versions – one in ’22 and one in ’23 – and now it’s our RLC membership car.” 

This model checks all the boxes for an awesome RLC exclusive: a killer casting, a special version with no roof rack, and a rarely used Spectraflame dark green paint job. And since this is the official car of the Red Line Club for 2024, we’re including an exclusive embroidered patch and glossy metal pin to commemorate it.  

“The Beetle has always been a fan favorite for Hot Wheels and car culture in general,” Steve explains. “This one is designed by long-time designer Dwayne Vance who brought a personal and authentic ‘SoCal Bug’ design sensibility to it.” 

If the Kawa-Bug-A is any indication, the coming year will be a whole lot of fun for our Red Line Club members. “2024 looks to be another great year for both new and established collectors,” Steve declares. “We have a wide breadth of car-culture icons, fan favorites, and obscure surprises in store for the RLC.” 

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Alloy Wheel, Tire, Wheel, Sedan, GemstoneCould contain: Machine, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Wheel, Coupe, Sports Car, AdvertisementSPECS 

• Features: Opening rear hood 
  • Body Color: Spectraflame dark green 
  • Body Type: ZAMAC 
  • Wheels: Real Riders Stock Car wheels with silver hubs and white tampo 
  • Base: Silver chassis 
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted 
  • Interior Color: White 
  • Scale 1:64  
  • Comes with ONE (1) 2024 RLC Membership Patch and ONE (1) Kawa-Bug-A Pin 

PACKAGING 

• Packaged on an illustrated RLC blister card, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case 

AVAILABILITY 

• RLC members only: March 26, 2024 at 9am PT until sold out 

PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS 

• Priced at $27.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)  
  • We offer international shipping – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)  
  • Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit FIVE (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)  
  • Refunds only, no exchanges 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email.  

Trademarks, design patents and copyrights are used with the approval of the owner VOLKSWAGEN AG. 
All Trademarks not owned by Mattel are the property of their respective owners and are used with permission. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is a very nice 1 I can't wait to get this 1, growing up in Southern California was cool when I built my 1st VW 1960 chrome engine dual carbs polished out Porsche alloys lots of chrome , trying to finish the impala now...

• Like 2

Awesome casting and package but I'll say it...what's with the HW logo with no wording on the patch?  Never seen that before, Mattel must have run out of money to stitch the word "Hot Wheels" on top of flame.  (See last year's patch)  Hope everyone has a great day!

Looking forward to holding this VW..gazing intently into its sad eyes, rolling as low as possible towards that west coast sunset, shimmering with that statement green paint job recalling that once endless summer!

On 3/20/2024 at 11:56 AM, Faisal Karim said:

Hello,

New member here! I can't see the page to buy this thing. Normally it would show like coming soon or something. Please let me know.

My suggestion, from my phone is, when at the RLC home page, click on the 3 horizontal bars (menu button), then click on Hot Wheels Collector hyper link, and it takes you to the countdown of the Kawa-Bug-A.

My guess is that it will change to "buy now" when the time comes.

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Machine, Wheel

On 3/26/2024 at 11:12 AM, 222HOTGP said:

I guess it was 25$ instead of the advertised 27$

I KNOW Right  💲💲💲

Yorn Pal

John

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Device, Grass, Lawn, Lawn Mower, Plant, Tool, Transportation, Vehicle

Edited by JOHNR.BLAIRJR.
SIGnature add oN!!!