Cruise to Kroger for Exclusive Color Variations

By Mattel Creations Staff

An exciting aspect of the Hot Wheels collecting hobby is the variation. Different parts of any specific edition may vary, but when the graphics theme remains the same and only the colors change, you’re looking at a color variation.

Our design team had fun with four of our 2023 Mainline editions, placing them in specially packed cases for the Kroger Family of Stores. The four releases below are planned to appear at the time of the Collector Edition Jaguar Lightweight E-Type mail-in promotion. Catch them while they’re available (find a store near you here).

Could contain: Machine, Wheel, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Spoke, Tire, Transportation, Vehicle

Kroger exclusive color variations:

• 1970 Pontiac® Firebird™ – Enamel orange (HW Modified)
  • ’87 Ford Sierra Cosworth – Yellow Moderna (HW: The ’80s)
  • Corvette® Grand Sport Roadster – Red (HW Roadsters)
  • Nissan Patrol Custom – Enamel satin white (HW J-Imports)

Since the color variations are shining through during the Collector Edition Jaguar Lightweight E-Type promotion period, they’ll count toward the $20 you need to spend on Hot Wheels to acquire the collectible cat. Popping in a Kroger Family of stores location gives you more ways to broaden the spectrum of your collection.

Learn More

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

BELL and BELL in Ellipse Device are registered trademarks of Bell Sports, Inc. Bilstein is a Registered Trademark of ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America. CASTROL and the Castrol livery are trade marks and are used with permission from CastroI Limited. Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Mattel, Inc. General Motors Trademarks used under license to Mattel, Inc. Goodyear (and Winged Foot Design) and Blimp Design are trademarks of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company used under license by Mattel, Inc, 333 Continental Boulevard, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA. Copyright 2023 The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. K&N and the K&N logo are registered trademarks of K&N ENGINEERING, INC., and used under license. Mattel uses Motul trademark and copyright under license. Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or other intellectual property rights are used under license.

• Like 4

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 hours ago, Alexis Fox said:

We don't have Kroger stores...we have Fry's (which is Krogers brand in the southwest) are Fry's stores included?

Yea all chains of Kroger are included

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Culturerob said:

There are no Krogers anywhere near me and no cases sold online….does Publix count? I believe they are affiliated. 

I do believe they do, You can check affiliate stores on line. I have no Kroger or affiliates,  I'm in the North East U.S. I'm still trying to get a second porsche from DG, I'm probably just going to send in the one, if I find enough for a second,  I'll just pay the extra shipping to send more cards out😑

10 hours ago, 64th Street Garage said:

I do believe they do, You can check affiliate stores on line. I have no Kroger or affiliates,  I'm in the North East U.S. I'm still trying to get a second porsche from DG, I'm probably just going to send in the one, if I find enough for a second,  I'll just pay the extra shipping to send more cards out😑

Publix is NOT affiliated with Kroger, sorry. I wish they were since I'm in FL

What ever happened to the “trade board” we were supposed to get ? It was such a great way to find some of those “elusive HTF cars” & promoted the hobby. It was very popular & might be a way to find some of these car that can’t be found through these promotions.

• Like 2

Who saaid anything about us getting a trade board?? but, I know. I'd like to trade for a couple of the Kroger exclusive Firebirds, but that's "not allowed" here. Some bad trades years ago, and Mattel shut it down. 

• Like 1

What ever happened to the “trade board” we were supposed to get ? It was such a great way to find some of those “elusive HTF cars” & promoted the hobby. It was very popular & should come back ! But “attitudes” seem to get in the way why not a positive attitude ? You’d think I’da opened a can of worms; why would I ? I want to see some new stuff from Mattel just as much as the next guy but we have to be positive so Why not ? Good luck to all !