Get an Exclusive Hot Wheels® Subaru Impreza WRX with our Best Buy Mail-In Offer

By MattelCreations Staff

Fans and collectors of Hot Wheels are getting a special offer from Best Buy this holiday season.

When you purchase $20 of Hot Wheels 1:64 cars or multipacks at Best Buy or BestBuy.com between 10/30 and 12/24, you can get an exclusive Hot Wheels® Subaru Impreza WRX for your collection through a mail-in offer. 

Could contain: Tire, Wheel, Machine, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Car Wheel, Spoke, Sports Car, Alloy Wheel

To help you get your free, mail-in exclusive, we also made these exclusive recolors of four Hot Wheels fan-favorites, only at Best Buy:

• HJP32 Custom ’70 Honda N600 (Candy Red)
  • HJP28 Dodge Van (Grabber Blue)
  • HJP31 McLaren F1 (White)
  • HJP30 Porsche 935 (Orange)

Could contain: Wheel, Machine, Tire, Spoke, Car, Automobile, Vehicle, Transportation, Car Wheel, Alloy Wheel

INSTRUCTIONS

To get your Collector Edition Subaru Impreza WRX, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy $20 worth (before taxes) of selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars or multipacks at participating BestBuy.com or Best Buy stores from October 30, 2022 to December 24, 2022. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.
  2. Mail your original (no photocopies) cash register and/or online receipt(s) dated from October 30, 2022 to December 24, 2022, blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) or UPC codes from multipacks for each Promotional Vehicle you are requesting (limit of 10 (ten) Promotional Vehicles per person, household and/or address), and the completed order form* (fill out the form and print it), along with $7.00 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order — check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) — made payable to MATTEL to:

Subaru Impreza WRX

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 12/28/22 and received by 1/7/23. Although you may purchase your qualifying basic cars on separate receipts within the promotional period, there is a limit of 1 (one) promotional vehicle for every $20 of basic cars or multipacks within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those cars are on. Offer is limited to 10 (ten) Subaru Impreza WRX vehicles per person, household, and/or address.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition Subaru Impreza WRX. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after the 1/7/23 deadline for receipt of vehicle.

Find these exclusives and more at Best Buy and BestBuy.com this holiday season.

LEARN MORE

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 minutes ago, Johnyd1 said:

Why are they not in store . Went this morning. Was told nothing here nothing on order . So when then ?

They are on Best Buys website, I placed an order & will be able to pick it up next week at the store. 

The Rules say you have to send in 20 blister cards from singles.  But the cost of single car is $1.2497 when purchase in a case of 36 for $44.99.  So shouldn't the rules match the quantity of single cars to make $20 buy requirement.  Base on case cost these would be 16 cards per promotional vehicle.  The Target rules where written different, you just sent in the cards or UPC that match your receipts totaling $20

Quoted from official rules BEST BUY

2. Mail a) your original (no photocopies) cash register receipt(s) and/or online receipt(s)* dated from October 30, 2022 to December 24, 2022 b) 20 (twenty) blister cards from single packs of basic cars (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window), or UPC codes from the multipacks matching the receipt, for each Promotional Vehicle per person you are requesting (limit of 10 (ten) Promotional Vehicles per person,

Quoted from official rules TARGET

2. Mail a) your original (no photocopies) cash register receipt(s) and/or online receipt(s)* dated from August 28, 2022 to October 29, 2022 totaling $20 (before taxes) of Hot Wheels basics cars of multipacks b) blister cards from single packs of basic cars (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) or UPC codes from the multipacks matching the receipt for each Promotional Vehicle per person you are requesting (limit of 10 (ten) Promotional Vehicles per person, household and/or address) c) a completed order form, and d) a check or money order (unless you pay online via credit card) payable to Mattel, Inc. for US $7.00 shipping and processing for each vehicle you order to:

• Like 1

So since I bought a case from best buy .com for $44 (before taxes) i can get 2 Subarus right? 

Would i ship all 36 cards to be safe? 

In the same envelope? 

Pay for shipping on 2 subaru on same order form? 

Sorry for all the questions. Ive only ever done 1 car at a time. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KINGHUBS said:

So, Is it $20 or 20 Cards?

I am going to follow the actual rules on the Mattel form which is:

"For each vehicle ordered, you will need to supply the basic car blister cards, or UPC codes from multipacks, and original Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com receipt(s) with Hot Wheels basic cars or multipack purchases totaling $20.00 or more before tax".

• Like 1

I already have this Subaru Impreza WRX in my hot wheels collection. Because the last mail-in for Target they sent to me the Subaru Impreza WRX instead of the 1985 Ford bronco pickup truck so I had to send in the stuff in again to hopefully get the 1985 Ford bronco pickup truck this time.👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This copied from the rules

Quoted from official rules BEST BUY

b) 20 (twenty) blister cards from single packs of basic cars (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window), or UPCcodes from the multipacks matching the receipt, for each Promotional Vehicle per person you are requesting (limit of 10(ten) Promotional Vehicles per person,

• Like 1

Hi there I have a couple of questions for this mail-in prom Subaru. If I get the box of 36 which would be 44.99.. would I only be able to get one mail-in? Or will I get two because I spent 40?? Please reach out i really doing want to make a mistake here nor spend more then I have to.

• Like 1

Not an idiot. Fully aware you can buy collector cases on their website.  Why on earth are we having a mail-in at a store that would never physically stock hotwheels?  What about family dollar or dollar tree?  I don't want to spend $44 on 6 maybe 10 cars that I'm barely interested in.  

• Like 4

Here is another link stating the current official rules.

Rule 2-b) "20 (twenty) blister cards from single packs of basic cars"

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp-toys/mattel-hot-wheels-collector/pcmcat1663266124009.c?id=pcmcat1663266124009

So if you purchased a single case (HPJ27) x36 singles, your good for 2X Subaru's but need to send 40 card backs into Mattel. Hoping maybe some can get this in front of Mattel promotion team to update or verify these the final rules.  Repeat the rules are written different compare to the Target Bronco rules.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

t would make more sense to announce exclusives are in a set that can be ordered at that retailer’s website (one per order) or bought as the set on shelf. 

This just has people buying cars they don’t want to get the few that they do.

I collect by series and their variants and it’s bad enough retailers hang the cars to fall to your feet when looking or put them in the “bins of death” that make them uncollectible but to close out a collected series you make it to where you have to buy from a reseller on eBay (these are showing up at 30-40 bucks and that is BS nonsense.

You guys take the fun and enjoyment out of the hunt.