Ready to celebrate Mother’s Day? Find the perfect picks for every fan’s collection. Shop Now

Getting Nifty With It: Hot Wheels NFT Garage Series II

By Allen Voivod

Last year, Mattel Creations took your favorite die-cast cars to a new frontier with the launch of the Hot Wheels NFT Garage. You made it a roaring success, and soon we'll be expanding our "ultimate peg wall" with the launch of Series II. This time, Chevrolet, Honda, and more are getting in on the action! 

There will be 28 car models and 43 decos in Series II, and two of those will be "Promo Car" NFTs (more about those below). You'll find the same four rarities in the packs as with Series I: Base, Rare, Premium, and NFTH (NFT Treasure Hunt). The cars you find in a given pack may be from any of these rarities, though some NFTs are harder to find than others. And the Premium and NFTH vIRLs are back, too! Those are the "virtual + In Real Life" NFTs where you'll get a token you can redeem for an exclusive die-cast version of the car pictured on the NFT. 

In total, you'll have about a 1:27 chance to pull a vIRL car from a pack to get one of the real-life, special edition Hot Wheels die-cast cars: 

• Premium (3.26%): Aristo Rat, Chevrolet Corvette C8.R, Custom Otto, Honda S2000 
  • NFTH (0.54%): '55 Chevy Bel Air Gasser 

So, what's new this time around? The cars, decos, and mini collections are all new, as are the packs. This time, each pack contains 7 cars ($25 each), with a limit of four (4) packs per person. We're also introducing a new rarity: Show Room! This is the pinnacle rarity format of the Series, limited to only 250 splits.  

Also, to ensure as many loyal Hot Wheels fans as possible have the opportunity to purchase these NFT packs, we're implementing an added security measure for this launch. There will now be a verification process for each order, and you'll receive a "Series II Pack Purchase" token in your wallet to show that the process has begun. The verification may take up to three (3) business days to complete, after which you'll be able to see your purchased NFTs in your wallet.

We know that may be inconvenient, but Hot Wheels fans like you are our number one priority, and we want you to have the fairest shot at getting these NFTs. Thanks so much, as always, for your patience and understanding – and for your love of the fastest cars in the world, the real and the digital!

To celebrate the Series II launch, we're also giving away free special edition Promo Car NFTs. You'll have a few opportunities to get yours: 

• 3/28/22: AMA on @Hot_Wheels Twitter Spaces  
  • 3/30/22: AMA on Wax Discord  

You can find more details about owning and managing a Hot Wheels NFT Garage collection below. But first, check out a sample of what Series II has to offer 

HWC_Article_ImageSet_NFTGarageS2_v2.thumb.jpg.6f360ec072d80f566383600500bc97ad.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions

What's an NFT?
NFT stands for "non-fungible token." "Non-fungible" means unique – there's nothing else like it out there. All Series II Hot Wheels NFT Garage cards that show the same car are individually numbered, so each one has its own unique value. "Token" refers to the fact that it's a digital asset instead of a physical one, with built-in authentication that serves as proof of ownership. 

Is an NFT the same thing as cryptocurrency?
NFTs and cryptocurrency are generally built using the same type of programming, known as the blockchain, but they aren't the same. Each NFT has a digital signature that makes it unique (non-fungible), like owning a piece of art. Cryptocurrencies are "fungible," meaning that each one is worth the same as any other. For example, one Bitcoin is worth one Bitcoin, just like a $1 bill is worth the same as any other $1 bill.

What Are Hot Wheels NFTs?
They're the latest way to own valuable and rare digital artwork from Hot Wheels, featuring some of our wildest and most outrageous car designs in a whole new format! These NFTs are pure Hot Wheels, developed by the same team behind iconic Hot Wheels die-casts. Whether it's a physical car or a digital one, they know that cutting-edge designs and deco are the key to Hot Wheels' appeal, no matter how they're made. A purchase from the Hot Wheels NFT Garage is a one-of-a-kind collectible – it's special and rare, even as a digital file.

Where do I get Hot Wheels NFTs?
You can get them on WAX (Worldwide Asset eXchange™), the most used and transacted blockchain ecosystem in the world for NFTs. It provides the safest and most convenient way to create, buy, sell, and trade both virtual and physical items, with anyone and anywhere in the world.

What are the steps to buy a Hot Wheels NFT Pack?

In general: 

• Sign up for a free WAX Cloud Wallet account. (Need help? Check out the WAX setup tutorial on YouTube.) 
  • Once your WAX account is set up, just go to the link we provide for the drop page.  
  • You'll use the credit card linked to your WAX account for your drop purchase – no cryptocurrency is required for any initial drop purchases. 
  • Manage your NFT purchases directly within your WAX account. 

For the Hot Wheels NFT Garage Series II drop:

• Go to http://www.hotwheelsnftg.io/shop starting March 31, 2022 at 10:00am PT for your opportunity to purchase up to four (4) Series II NFT packs.
  • Immediately after your purchase, the payment verification process will begin.
  • You will receive a "Series II Pack Purchase" token in your wallet to show that the verification process has begun.
  • Please allow up to three (3) business days to verify and process your NFT pack purchase(s).
  • After the verification process has finished you can view your purchased NFTs in your wallet.

What are the different rarities of the Hot Wheels NFT Garage Series II NFTs?
Here's a breakdown of the five rarity types, and how they total up to the 184,250 NFT cards in Series II. The Premium and NFTH rarities are vIRLs (virtual + In Real Life), which means they also come with a token to redeem for a physical die-cast version of the car depicted on the NFT card. (Note: This does not include the two "promo" NFTs being given away during social media events, as they're not available for purchase in packs.) 

HWC_Article_ImageSet2_NFTGarage.jpg.db9fc00b2fdbb6ffbd555d77f69a791b.jpg

What's are "cars," "splits," and "counts"?
For Hot Wheels NFTs, "cars" refer to the make and model of a car appearing on an NFT. "Count" refers to the number of cars with a specific deco shown on an NFT. As an example, if you have five "cars" but a "count" of six within a rarity tier, that's because one of the cars also comes in an alternate deco within that rarity tier. "Splits" tell you how many NFTs exist for each car/deco combination.

One of my NFTs is a vIRL card! How do I get the physical die-cast version of the car?
Congratulations! Because selling and trading play a frequent part in the NFT experience, the person who owns a Premium or NFTH vIRL as of 12:00pm PT July 31, 2022 will receive a Redemption Coin in their WAX wallet. It must be redeemed within 30 days for the physical limited-edition die-cast collectible.* Please allow up to 12 weeks from the date of redemption for your car to be shipped with your chosen shipping method.

How will I track and manage my collection?
Use any NFT collecting app on the iOS App Store and Google Play for Android. These apps can be linked to your WAX account, so you can track and manage your collection within the app.

How do Hot Wheels NFTs affect the environment?
Hot Wheels is partnering with WAX, the only carbon neutral NFT blockchain on the market. One WAX transaction just uses roughly about as much energy as the simple act of turning a lightbulb on or off.

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the images shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

* The Redemption Coin will be deposited into the WAX wallet of the current owner of the Hot Wheels NFT car (which may or may not be the original buyer) as of 12:00pm PT on July 31, 2022. Only one (1) Redemption Coin will be issued per redeemable Hot Wheels NFT car. Once a Redemption Coin is deposited into your WAX wallet, you will have 30 days to redeem it for your physical car. Redeeming a Redemption Coin "burns" the coin and it will no longer be in your wallet.

Shipping is not included – learn more about our shipping options. International restrictions may apply – learn more about our international shipping policies

General Motors Trademarks used under license to Mattel, Inc. 

Honda Official Licensed Product. Designed, manufactured, and distributed by Mattel, Inc. Honda®, the “H” logo®, Honda vehicles and their trade dress, and all associated vehicle emblems, logos, marks, and names are trademarks and intellectual property of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

15 hours ago, RANDYDEVORAK said:

Look at it this way... What good is is an NFT of Beach Bomb? I just got a free one.. still no big deal! I want physical cars!!! This is what collecting is all about..

beach bomb.jpg

Nice Brightvision on a reproduction card!

what a messy drop. someone got 300+ token while many others keep getting their cards declines for no reasons. stripe, wdny or your  project manager for this nft need to be really evaluated if you want people to trust your nft project.

Edited by Darwan MPS

25 minutes ago, Darwan MPS said:

what a messy drop. someone got 300+ token while many others keep getting their cards declines for no reasons. stripe, wdny or your  project manager for this nft need to be really evaluated if you want people to trust your nft project.

kept happening to me also, i was fortunate to get through and purchase 10 packs. How do you know someone bought 300?

Got a question. What happens when the Digital World Crashes ? Is there replacements for the Digital Hot Wheel's or refunded with the invisible money that you purchased with Real Money. Once you transfer the invisible money back to the Real Money. Is it going to hold up to Real Money Value once it's transferred ? This is all New to me. Just Curious. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rockies76 said:

Got a question. What happens when the Digital World Crashes ? Is there replacements for the Digital Hot Wheel's or refunded with the invisible money that you purchased with Real Money. Once you transfer the invisible money back to the Real Money. Is it going to hold up to Real Money Value once it's transferred ? This is all New to me. Just Curious. 

If Earth was to have another Carrington Event, I suspect NFT's, cryptocurrencies and the much of rest of the electronic/virtual world would vanish. But we would still have our IRL Hot Wheels to play with! 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Schnauzer-pug said:

If Earth was to have another Carrington Event, I suspect NFT's, cryptocurrencies and the much of rest of the electronic/virtual world would vanish. But we would still have our IRL Hot Wheels to play with! 😉

Yeah, I don't know about the New Hot Wheel's "TRON" World. They should make it Optional to purchase these Digital Hot Wheel's with Real Money & Invisible money but it's not for me. In Real Life Hot Wheel's are for me 👍🤙

• Like 1

Can you buy a series 1 redeemable token on the aftermarket ? (AutomicHub, NFThive) Will it be placed in your wallet then so you can redeem it and have the physical car sent to you ?? 

On 3/31/2022 at 2:51 AM, Umckibben said:

You have to keep in mind the demographic that these NFTs are geared towards is a generation of boys and girls who the majority don't want to be burdened with the responsibility of ownership... of anything it seems. Of course the "founder" of the NFT is a 40 year old Man from Wisconsin 😐 who has sold over $100,000,000.00 of digital art....

I'm almost 23 years old and I think NFTs are the single dumbest idea in the history of the internet. I LOVE the feeling of actually owning a physical collection. I can't stand most of my own generation. Bunch of self-absorbed snowflakes. NFTs are just another digital manifestation of my generation being willfully ignorant and throwing their money away.🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:07 AM, Schnauzer-pug said:

Darn straight😎

10 minutes ago, Samwise Carcollecter said:

I'm almost 23 years old and I think NFTs are the single dumbest idea in the history of the internet. I LOVE the feeling of actually owning a physical collection. I can't stand most of my own generation. Bunch of self-absorbed snowflakes. NFTs are just another digital manifestation of my generation being willfully ignorant and throwing their money away.🤦‍♂️

I agree if your sole investment is to own the digital images for just that, digital images.... but, since it seems to be more of a lotto to obtain a physical car, you trade or buy packs to get the set and are rewarded with a physical car, I don't see that being all that bad, it does prey on addictive personalities though and can cost a bundle for completion on the secondary market, but I think most are looking to resell or to obtain the physical car. Just another way to get a physical car. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Umckibben said:

I agree if your sole investment is to own the digital images for just that, digital images.... but, since it seems to be more of a lotto to obtain a physical car, you trade or buy packs to get the set and are rewarded with a physical car, I don't see that being all that bad, it does prey on addictive personalities though and can cost a bundle for completion on the secondary market, but I think most are looking to resell or to obtain the physical car. Just another way to get a physical car. 

If I wanted the physical car, I'd just wait until it inevitably showed up on eBay. I wouldn't waste my time on the NFT junk. Say what you want about resellers and how evil they are and how we shouldn't support them blah blah blah, like it or not they're a part of collecting at this point and they're not going anywhere anytime soon. If you refuse to buy from resellers, that's your choice and I'm not gonna knock you for it. But for me personally, my love of these models FAR outweighs my hatred of the greedy scumbags who resell them. If I have to pay a bit extra to obtain a model or set that I absolutely adore, then they can shut up and take my money.

4 hours ago, Samwise Carcollecter said:

If I wanted the physical car, I'd just wait until it inevitably showed up on eBay. I wouldn't waste my time on the NFT junk. Say what you want about resellers and how evil they are and how we shouldn't support them blah blah blah, like it or not they're a part of collecting at this point and they're not going anywhere anytime soon. If you refuse to buy from resellers, that's your choice and I'm not gonna knock you for it. But for me personally, my love of these models FAR outweighs my hatred of the greedy scumbags who resell them. If I have to pay a bit extra to obtain a model or set that I absolutely adore, then they can shut up and take my money.

"LONG LIVE HOT WHEEL'S PHYSICAL CARS & TRUCKS" !!!! 👍🤙

• Like 4

On 4/10/2022 at 10:45 AM, Samwise Carcollecter said:

This, this guy knows

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 9:46 AM, Javierismo88 said:

Horrendous buyers remorse guys grand total value 8 dollars for some screen savers paid 50 won’t be doing that again

Sounds like a Hot Wheel Burn from the Flame 🔥   

On 4/1/2022 at 10:07 AM, Schnauzer-pug said:

You got that Right. "LONG LIVE PHYSICAL HOT WHEEL'S" !!!! 

• Like 1

How much would cost regular Hot Wheels car if it was made in quantity of 1,500 pcs (like NTF premium grade) of 250 pcs. (like NFT Show Room grade)?

that would probably be in hundreds or even thousands of buck$, correct? 

We need to be aware that on top of a digital image, owner of Premium, NFTH and ShowRoom NFTs get the physical cars. So there will be 250 lucky people in the whole World who get that white C8.R. feeling jelious?

On 4/27/2022 at 12:39 PM, raphalw said:

How much would cost regular Hot Wheels car if it was made in quantity of 1,500 pcs (like NTF premium grade) of 250 pcs. (like NFT Show Room grade)?

that would probably be in hundreds or even thousands of buck$, correct? 

We need to be aware that on top of a digital image, owner of Premium, NFTH and ShowRoom NFTs get the physical cars. So there will be 250 lucky people in the whole World who get that white C8.R. feeling jelious?

That's Cool. Best of Luck getting one. That's like a Needle in Haystack. Digital 👎Physical 👍

Showrooms do not have the VIRL coin showing and have 0 in the redeemable spot, so I don't think they will be physical, only the Premium and NFTH have the 1 in redeemable and coin drop dates.  

• Thanks 1

I bought some of the first round packs, got a premium and redeemed the token for a real car, and months later I still haven’t received it. This is only a good idea if Mattel actually follows through and ships the cars. Where’s my car mattel??

LOL @ all these TRON comments. I'm an '80s baby but too young to have gotten into that. The modern adaptation felt like an '80s interpretation of the future (showed its age). I'd liken NFTs closer to Ready Player One. Both movies are fantasy but RP1 is closer to what our current reality is realistically trending towards thanks to the likes of VR/AR/current real life metaverse games zoomers play and got their parents into by throwing in-game virtual parties/get togethers during social distancing lockdowns, etc.

I'm a car guy and Hot Wheels got me into cars when I was a kid. I've had some fun real cars and I'm getting back into Hot Wheels thanks to NFTs. Has that same "collector" feel without worrying about storage or damage, always stays mint, and you can track each mint. The appeal of real life Hot Wheels that can be printed infinitely without being tracked pales in comparison (though I still get them as expendable play things). I do have the C8.R vIRL physical print and it makes me nervous as hell. Unlike my indestructible NFTs locked in cold storage secured by the seed phrase stored in my brain and portable anywhere I go.

Could contain: Spoke, Machine, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Car, Tire, Car Wheel, Vehicle, Transportation