Hot Wheels 2021 Walmart Premium Diorama Set #1!

By Allen Voivod

The ’70 Dodge HEMI Challenger. The ’65 Mustang 2+2 Fastback. The ’70 Camaro®. These are the muscle cars that represent each of the three great American automakers in what we’re affectionately calling “Pony Rides”!

Okay, more precisely, that’s our tongue-in-cheek way of thinking about the first Hot Wheels Walmart Premium Diorama Set for 2021. You’ll notice that “branding,” if you will, on the doors of the Retro Rig, a Hot Wheels original design that serves as the transporter in this set. 

This also signals the continuation of a series that generated a lot of heat during its first year, last year. Considering that they’re all made with all-metal castings and Real Riders wheels, their popularity is no surprise! In this set, we’re thrilled to include the Dodge with its powerful 426 HEMI engine; the Mustang that dominated sports car and endurance races; and the Camaro®, a star of the Trans-Am road racing series. 

Which one do we think will win in a race? Well, there’s no way we’re taking sides on that one. But we can certainly suggest that you consider getting two sets, so you can unbox one of them and put these ponies on some orange track, like in the good old days! 

GRN83_PIP_FE_21_001_4LB_800x406.png

2021 Walmart Premium Diorama Set #1:
Retro Rig with:

• ’65 Mustang 2+2 Fastback
  • ’70 Camaro®
  • ’70 Dodge HEMI Challenger

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, MOPAR, Plymouth, RAM, SRT, HEMI and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by Mattel, Inc. © 2021 FCA US LLC.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Great set. Now make an 80's version with the 442 Much, 81 Fairmont and 81 Camaro! I know the 442 Much may be a 79 Model year, but it would fit really well in an early 80's set.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Picked up this great looking set a couple of weeks ago at my local Walmart.  It really is a great looking set.  Good luck to anyone searching.  I was shocked to see this at my local Walmart so soon.  They are usually about 6 months behind the times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JIMMEE442 said:

NICE!  need to get it.

our local Wally's just has NINE boxes of 2020's #4 set with the Gulf Car???

Only 9?20210120_153246.jpg.1508d0549e5a449574416d8c9ea0da59.jpg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, THIS GUY said:

Only 9?20210120_153246.jpg.1508d0549e5a449574416d8c9ea0da59.jpg

Wow and I thought the Walmart in my town was bad.  It still has 12 gulf sets and a few car Culture sets. I  wont see the new set anytime soon. 

10 minutes ago, GSILVA13 said:

Wow and I thought the Walmart in my town was bad.  It still has 12 gulf sets and a few car Culture sets. I  wont see the new set anytime soon. 

That's one of three stores like that in the area.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, THIS GUY said:

That's one of three stores like that in the area.

WOW... can you say "Mark-down"?  You def have me beat. 

If they'd lower them to $10-12... I'd probably take them all.  If the complete livery had been "GULF", I bet all sets would have sold.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GSILVA13 said:

I went to confirm that all of our local's stock was 2020 #4... found 6 more up top.  Looks like I'll never find the Pony Set at retail... wah-wah.

Please say "Rollback"!

I like the truck as much as the 3 cars.  The "Black Hole" set was hotter with the '55, but I believe that I prefer this set.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

4 out of the 5 featured news stories are about Walmart exclusive releases.  It's really annoying how many Walmart exclusives Mattel does with this poorly run store and horrible company.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can never find the premium sets at my area Walmart, have to go-to next closest one 15 miles away. But I like the Mustang from this '21 set

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My local Wally is still loaded up with the “Black Hole Gasser” sets. Not really a fan of the sets anyway, but would like to have the Mustang.  

• Sad 1

My Wally's still has not gotten anything for 2021 yet. Around a month ago they had 3 new dump bins that were filled with 2020 P and Q cases. No Dioramas, No ID's, No Car Cultures or Boulevards or mainlines.

I did get a hot wheels air freshener for the car!

• Haha 4

Pretty good set, especially if you're one of those guys who cant get enough of muscle cars.

Hope these sell out quickly to make room for that upcoming Skyline set!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MAXIMUMKARMA said:

Pretty good set, especially if you're one of those guys who cant get enough of muscle cars.

Hope these sell out quickly to make room for that upcoming Skyline set!

probably not sell quickly, if Sets #'d 3 & 4 are idle at many stores... but many peeps DID say that they got 2021 #1 ~2 weeks ago.  who knows?  Where are pics of Skyline Set #2 ?

• Like 1

Another Walmart Exclusive that my optimistic side says "I would find soon at a Walmart" and my pessimistic side says "another Walmart Exclusive that I have to find elsewhere."  The beauty of these diorama sets is that it is an all or nothing find for the set. The folks who buy retail to resell can't just pick the good ones. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice set! I found 1 the other day too when I least expected it.... but the box is smaller than last year!! Doesn't match up in display as well with a smaller box

• Like 1

Got lucky and found a set last week, 5 minutes before the local retiree came around. (And yea there were still like over 10 of the previous offerings. So it’s possible to get em, dispite what’s on the shelves.)

Strange thing was the boxes had alittle damage and the seal stickers were pulled up on both and reapplied, the employee even gave me the shipping box like he just stocked em, so I wonder how that happen.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 007menhorn said:

Nice set! I found 1 the other day too when I least expected it.... but the box is smaller than last year!! Doesn't match up in display as well with a smaller box

... um ... I'm good with a smaller BOX! ?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Drpsnwbrdr said:

Got lucky and found a set last week, 5 minutes before the local retiree came around. (And yea there were still like over 10 of the previous offerings. So it’s possible to get em, despite what’s on the shelves.)

Congratulations!

5 hours ago, M D Legaspi said:

Another Walmart Exclusive that my optimistic side says "I would find soon at a Walmart" and my pessimistic side says "another Walmart Exclusive that I have to find elsewhere."  The beauty of these diorama sets is that it is an all or nothing find for the set. The folks who buy retail to resell can't just pick the good ones. 

sometimes I REALLY  like all-or-nothing ... especially in these sets.

• Like 1