Pounce on This: Collector Edition Jaguar Lightweight E-Type from The Kroger Family of Stores

By Mattel Creations Staff

Despite numerous successes, Jaguar moved to their next generation E-Type in the early ’60s, producing more of a road car than a racer. Looking for a way to stay active in competition, they gave birth to a lighter version for racing. We honor that pursuit of speed with the Hot Wheels Collector Edition Jaguar Lightweight E-Type. Catch the big cat when you buy $20 worth of Hot Wheels cars at the Kroger Family of Stores locations and/or Kroger.com from April 16, 2023 to June 3, 2023.

Even though construction relied heavily on aluminum vs. steel, the Lightweight E-Type was light on production numbers. Jaguar planned to build 18, but only produced 12. Years later, they began a project in 2014 to complete the “final six” of the rare car.

Our casting first appeared in 2019, and this marks only its 4th appearance. Not as rare as the real car, but it can certainly add some heft to your collection.

Specs:

• Body Color: MMSB Spectraflame pale pink
  • Deco: Purple stripe on hood, roof, rear, and sides; black “2” in white circle on hood and sides; Hot Wheels logo in black and white on sides; “HW 68” on hood; authentic manufacturer logos
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders stock car wheels with red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Black

This collectible edition will ship on an illustrated blister card in a Kar Keepers clamshell case.

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Machine, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Coupe, Sports Car, Purple

Be on the prowl for four exclusive color variations from specially packed Kroger cases to show up in stores (find a store near you here). You’ll add them to your collection, and you can use their purchase toward the $20 you need for this Jaguar promotion.

INSTRUCTIONS/RULES

To get your Collector Edition Jaguar Lightweight E-Type, please carefully read the Official Rules below and follow the instructions.

2023 HOT WHEELS® JAGUAR LIGHTWEIGHT E-TYPE PROMOTION – OFFICIAL RULES:

1. During the Promotion Purchase Period from April 16, 2023 to June 3, 2023 buy $20 (before taxes) of Hot Wheels® 1:64 basic cars and/or multipacks from the 2019 to present assortment numbers 5785, C4982, L2593, HHW28, HFY00, HFY01, HMX34, and HMW97 or multipack numbers 1806, X6999 and H7045 from participating Kroger Family of Stores and/or from Kroger.com and its banners. Follow these Official Rules to request one Hot Wheels® 1:64 Jaguar Lightweight E-Type (Promotional Vehicle) from Mattel, Inc. (Mattel), while supplies last.

2. Mail a) your original (no photocopies) cash register receipt(s) and/or online receipt(s)* dated from April 16, 2023 to June 3, 2023; b) blister cards from single packs of basic cars (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window), or UPC codes from the multipacks matching the receipt, totaling $20 (before taxes), for each Promotional Vehicle you are requesting (limit of 10 (ten) Promotional Vehicles per person, household, and/or address); c) a completed order form; and d) a check or money order (unless you pay online via credit card) payable to Mattel, Inc. for US $7.00 shipping and processing for each vehicle you order to:

Jaguar Lightweight E-Type

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

Requests must be postmarked by June 7, 2023 and received by June 15, 2023. The completed mail-in order form must accompany your request.

By submitting your information, you agree and consent for Mattel and the Mattel family of companies to use and share your name, address, and other information with third parties for the purpose of administering this promotion (i.e., to communicate with you, process your submission, etc.) and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules. To learn more about how Mattel and the Mattel family of companies will handle your information read our Privacy Statement at http://corporate.mattel.com/privacy-statement.aspx.

*Packing slips for Kroger.com orders will not be accepted as proof of purchase; you must send the online receipt you received when the order was processed.

Although you may purchase your qualifying cars on separate receipts within the Promotional Period, there is a limit of 1 (one) Promotional Vehicle for every $20 (before taxes) of basic cars purchased within the Promotional Period, regardless of how many receipts the $20 (before taxes) of basic cars is on. Offer is limited to 10 (ten) Jaguar Lightweight E-Type vehicles per person, household and/or address. Mattel reserves the right to provide a substitute Promotional Vehicle of equal or greater value.

3. Receive a 1:64 Jaguar Lightweight E-Type in 8 – 12 weeks after June 15, 2023. Any damage to the packaging of the Promotional Vehicle will not be considered a defect to the product, and no replacements will be provided. If Mattel can confirm delivery (via a traceable shipping method) to the address provided on your order form, your order will be deemed fulfilled. Mattel will not be responsible for missing, late, or stolen orders.

4. Material from non-compliant or duplicate requests will not be returned. Mattel is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, incorrectly addressed, illegible, incomplete, undeliverable, destroyed or postage-due requests, or requests with inaccurate or incorrect information or typographical errors.

This offer is valid for purchases made in, and orders mailed from, the continental U.S. only. This promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Offer void where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. Offer not valid in conjunction with other offers or coupons. No rain checks or other price/product guarantees will be honored. Fraudulent submission could result in federal prosecution under the mail fraud statutes.

The Kroger Co. Family of Stores includes: Baker’s, City Market, Copps, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Foods Co, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, King Soopers, Jay C Food Store, Kroger, Mariano’s, Metro Market, Owens Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick ‘n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith’s Food and Drug.

Jaguar and the leaper device are trademarks owned and licensed by Jaguar Land Rover Limited.

Items and dates are subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Mattel reserves the right to modify or discontinue this promotion at any time.

*Privacy Clause of Official Rules:

By submitting your information, you agree and consent for Mattel and the Mattel family of companies (as defined in https://www.mattel.com/en-us/privacy-statement#anchor-Definitions) to use and share your name, address, and other information with third parties for the purpose of administering this promotion (i.e., to communicate with you, process your submission, etc.) and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules. To learn more about how Mattel and the Mattel family of companies will handle your information read our Privacy Statement at https://www.mattel.com/privacy-statement.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I don't have Krogers in my area. I had a guy on "the island" who helped me out with receipts, but "the island" seems to have disappeared. Anyone know Harold Robey? Anyone willing to help me out with receipts? I have a ton of cards for mail ins. 

I also really, really NEED that Firebird!!

• Like 1

I have click on all link nothing is happening. I am getting the same thing the Dollar General store link.  I have two Kroger Family of Stores in Dalton Ga, And I have a Kroger in the Colhoun GA which about 35 min from my house.  

• Like 1

In case anyone from Mattel monitors this:  This is jaw-dropping.  It's the most amateurish launch of anything I've ever heard of, let alone from a global corporation like this. Why would you even go live with this announcement today? The "Kroger.com" link on this page doesn't work. "download them here" link doesn't work. The link to the order form doesn't work.  The QR code on the yellow tear-off form I got from the in-store display today is a link to the 2021 Nissan Laurel 2000 car, which is broken and goes nowhere.  At least fix this page so we can complete your instructions.

• Like 1

Just now, VIVIANGIRL_BEAT said:

In case anyone from Mattel monitors this:  This is jaw-dropping.  It's the most amateurish launch of anything I've ever heard of, let alone from a global corporation like this. Why would you even go live with this announcement today? The "Kroger.com" link on this page doesn't work. "download them here" link doesn't work. The link to the order form doesn't work.  The QR code on the yellow tear-off form I got from the in-store display today is a link to the 2021 Nissan Laurel 2000 car, which is broken and goes nowhere.  At least fix this page so we can complete your instructions.

I already bought my cars for 3 of them, man I really hope it does not changes dates at this point since they are opened and ready to go once I can pay.

2 hours ago, SELF said:

Where is the link to the form? and which assortment codes are valid? Do they allow for online receipts like last year? or only printed ones?

The article lists the valid assortment codes and specifically notes that online receipts are acceptable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fmchase80 said:

I don’t open my cars how would I send the cardboard portion 

Talk someone who does open their cars into parting with some spares, I suppose.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gajewm said:

The article lists the valid assortment codes and specifically notes that online receipts are acceptable.

TY, was also looking for it

Edited by SELF
  • Like 1