Red Hot for the Red Line: RLC Exclusive ’55 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL

By Mattel Creations Staff

Just when you thought the ’55 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL couldn’t get any hotter, we gave it a red-hot makeover.

Introduced in 1954, the 300 SL was designed by Rudolf Uhlenhaut to showcase German engineering. The name "SL" is an abbreviation of the German term "super-leicht," meaning "super-light," a reference to the car's racing-bred lightweight construction.

The 300 SL was capable of reaching speeds of up to 260 km/h (161.5 mph) , earning it a reputation as a sports car racing champion and making it the fastest production car of its time. The car's iconic gullwing doors and innovative tubular-frame construction contributed to its status as a groundbreaking and highly influential automobile.

Our Red Line Club-exclusive version features the SL’s signature opening gullwing doors, Spectraflame oxblood paint, and Real Rider GT wheels. Even the license plate reads “RED HOT” to showcase its speed and color scheme.

We designed the packaging for this model to be extra-special. “The inspiration for the packaging was to create something that looked like the luggage that was included with the Mercedes- Benz 300 SL,” said Packaging Designer Julian Koiles.

This car will be available to Red Line Club members on August 22, 2023, in limited quantities, so make sure to log on and get yours while it’s hot.

Could contain: Car, Coupe, Sports Car, Vehicle, Machine, Wheel, Spoke, Maroon, Alloy Wheel, Tire

SPECS

• Legal Name: Red Line Club Exclusive ’55 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL
  • Features: Opening gull-wing doors
  • Body Color: Spectraflame oxblood
  • Graphics: Authentic manufacturer logos
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels with silver-painted spokes
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Tan interior with painted details
  • Scale: 1:64

PACKAGING 

• Packaged in an acrylic case with a sturdy, decorative outer box 

AVAILABILITY 

• RLC members only: August 22, 2023 at 9:00 AM PT until sold out 

PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS

• Priced at $30.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We offer international shipping – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of TWO (2) per club membership; limit TEN (10) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)  
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email. 

Mattel Creations RLC Exclusive. “Mercedes-Benz” and “Three-pointed Star in a Ring” are intellectual property of Mercedes-Benz Group AG. They are used by Mattel, Inc. under license.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 8/18/2023 at 9:57 AM, kubus160 said:

So we Can forget about number stickers?

Pretty much.... who knows how many are out there now lolol 50k? maybe more? 🤷‍♂️ Since they arent seemingly rare these days, I guess I can be more picky and choosey for the time being.  If I want one later, maybe I can pick one up for close to MSRP.  

Got mine, real easy.. hope future purchase attempts are successful becuase want more of these RLC exclusives ...ha ha just got into this...addicting hobby..ha ha I am 63 ....

• Like 3