Regarding Bot Usage

Our goal at Mattel Creations is offering the best shopping and collecting experience possible. That said, we understand your concern about bots and the interference they cause on our site. Please know there is a substantial bot mitigation platform in action and we’re constantly working to improve it.

Any usage of bots from members is prohibited and subject to penalties including loss of membership(s). If you see or have any information about bot usage by members, please contact Customer Service to help our ongoing efforts to eliminate this abuse of membership privilege.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 17
  • Haha 6

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Stop using third party payment platform..built in your standalone platform..recruit good web developer,database admin and security network staff..then all the problem will solved itself :P..

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

High production numbers its ok, that let most of the members to have a good chance to get a car.

But unlimited memberships c'mon !  if you let the door open this problem will never end. 

• Haha 2

I’m not sure I understand how less memberships will reduce impact of bots.  I think this is a tech answer that IT wizards can figure out.  I’m VERY encouraged that Hot Wheels is paying attention to this, thank you!

Just trying to save face In light of the public.We all know at the end it’s about money and you get more money faster from the bots so it’s a win for you. So how are we supposed to believe you’re trying to fix something that’s not broke for you?

• Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 6:48 AM, man_todak said:

Stop using third party payment platform..built in your standalone platform..recruit good web developer,database admin and security network staff..then all the problem will solved itself :P..

They process 30,000 orders in a matter of about a minute, on top of 10-20k more attempts. All things considered I'd say they are doing a pretty good job handling the traffic. A "good web developer" and a database admin isn't going to solve that issue on their own. Mattel has a web development team on staff already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2022 at 2:56 PM, fitsector said:

High production numbers its ok, that let most of the members to have a good chance to get a car.

But unlimited memberships c'mon !  if you let the door open this problem will never end. 

They couldn't careless. It's all about feeding the Hungry Big Money Machine. The more Member's, the more Dinero the Company gets. 

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, Tprice07 said:

They process 30,000 orders in a matter of about a minute, on top of 10-20k more attempts. All things considered I'd say they are doing a pretty good job handling the traffic. A "good web developer" and a database admin isn't going to solve that issue on their own. Mattel has a web development team on staff already.

If Mattel has Web development team on staff already. Tell them to get rid of the "Bots" for good because "Bots" are nothing but a Race Track Wreck for me.

• Like 2

If you really dont want every member to get a special car , and your concern with bots, why dont you do a draw thru all members you have , then peoples have 24 h to buy it, if they dont re-draw for the one ´s left 

No “Humans” can complete an order in less than 1 minute.  If it is done underneath 1 minute, you can safely assumed it is BOT and the order should be “canceled”. Also if multiple orders going to the same household is done in underneath 1 minute. You can say it is a BOT due to “clumping”. Mattel needs to hire a good Data Analyst, or used a better data analytical software.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been a “club” member for the last three years after getting back into this thing. This time, we went full boar, collecting, building & Racing. As an original HWC member back in 1969/70 (had all 3 of the chrome cars, still do they just are not the original ones) I was excited to get back into the club. That was ruined real quick by not being able to purchase before sell outs, then delivery problems (that always get blamed on the customer), now millions of members that have only paid $10 to get in. I’m sure that with thousands upon thousands of members, the ones who have bad luck don’t matter. They never have, it’s all about the money. Minus the sites content, and all you have is a lottery that you have to pay to play with no guarantees. This is not a club. Match those problems with the incompetence of the USPS and this is no fun! A lot of money for nothing. Don’t get this years membership drive without a car? Is it coming later? If not then WTF?????

Hey I’m coming back to this thread because over the years I continue to hear complaints about bots…to have under 20 posts here tells me maybe the issue isn’t as widespread as assumed.  

On 3/3/2022 at 11:47 AM, Synsyty Customs said:

I have been a “club” member for the last three years after getting back into this thing. This time, we went full boar, collecting, building & Racing. As an original HWC member back in 1969/70 (had all 3 of the chrome cars, still do they just are not the original ones) I was excited to get back into the club. That was ruined real quick by not being able to purchase before sell outs, then delivery problems (that always get blamed on the customer), now millions of members that have only paid $10 to get in. I’m sure that with thousands upon thousands of members, the ones who have bad luck don’t matter. They never have, it’s all about the money. Minus the sites content, and all you have is a lottery that you have to pay to play with no guarantees. This is not a club. Match those problems with the incompetence of the USPS and this is no fun! A lot of money for nothing. Don’t get this years membership drive without a car? Is it coming later? If not then WTF?????

Like Mattel said long time ago. If you really want one. You got to be Fast to get one for you to show for. Mattel can run their business anyway they want. More members more money for their business. Also got to think of all the Original Loyal RLC Member's that been with the Club since 2001 when it started, what they been through in past couple years. I couldn't imagine. Sign of Times. The Club is going in a whole different direction. Remember only the Fastest Hot Wheel's wins. First come, First serve.

On 2/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, davidwyipgmailcom said:

No “Humans” can complete an order in less than 1 minute.  If it is done underneath 1 minute, you can safely assumed it is BOT and the order should be “canceled”. Also if multiple orders going to the same household is done in underneath 1 minute. You can say it is a BOT due to “clumping”. Mattel needs to hire a good Data Analyst, or used a better data analytical software.

If it's taking you a minute to complete your order you may want to look at what you can do to speed it up, most of us with auto fill, ect... can do it in 10 seconds, with no bots. 

On 3/8/2022 at 3:32 AM, Umckibben said:

If it's taking you a minute to complete your order you may want to look at what you can do to speed it up, most of us with auto fill, ect... can do it in 10 seconds, with no bots. 

10 seconds, I'm still working on it. Even with auto fill I average anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes. Maybe I need to change out the Motor so I can get that speed. 10 seconds that's alot of G Force 👍🤙

• Like 1