Rugged and Refined: RLC Exclusive Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 Squared

By Mattel Creations Staff 

The Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x42 is not your everyday SUV. Originally built as an off-road vehicle, Mercedes has evolved the G-Class into one of the most coveted lines of luxury SUVs in the world.

Undeniably the pinnacle of its line, The Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x42 is built with increased ground clearance, carbon-fiber fenders, carbon-fiber windscreen, and gigantic 22-inch wheels. But what makes this a truly refined beast is its 577bhp AMG 4.0-litre bi-turbo V8 engine with 627 lb-ft of torque along with its portal axles. These axles allow it to sit nearly 14 inches higher off the ground than a regular G-Class, scale 45-degree inclines, and easily wade through almost three feet of water.

It's features like that (along with its hefty sticker price) which made this a perfect new casting to debut in the Red Line Club.

“It’s a hefty model with a die-cast body, diecast chassis, and diecast roof,” explains designer Brendon Vetuskey. “It’s also well detailed with flush mount windows as well as separate side view mirrors and a Real Riders spare tire – not plastic as might be found on lower cost products.” 

The Hot Wheels design team exchanged dozens of revisions and emails with the licensor and plant staff to create this near-perfect rendition. “Mercedes-AMG was able to provide us with CAD geometry of this model, which we scaled down to help ensure we designed the most accurate 1:64 model we can possibly make,” Brendon says. This first-ever edition of the Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x42 is available exclusively to RLC members on April 9 at 9am PT.

Could contain: Car, Jeep, Transportation, Vehicle, Machine, Wheel, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Tire, SuvCould contain: Machine, Spoke, Car, Jeep, Transportation, Vehicle, Wheel, Alloy Wheel, Toy, Adventure

PACKAGING 

• Packaged on an illustrated blister card, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case 

AVAILABILITY 

• RLC members only: April 9, 2024 at 9:00am PT until sold out 

PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS 

• Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes) 
  • We offer international shipping – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change) 
  • Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit FIVE (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion) 
  • Refunds only, no exchanges 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email. 

“/////AMG,” "Mercedes-Benz," and “Three-pointed Star in a Ring” are the intellectual property of Mercedes-Benz Group AG.
They are used by Mattel, Inc. under license. 

• Like 4

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This one fire 🔥 must cop, Alright Back to the full graphic back Carded display packaging love this type of packaging releases way better then the boxed up display that come in a cardboard box all  covered up. This makes me feel like I'm getting my full worth of my money in to the Collection, you get the car displayed with the actual graphic of the real car rapped up in a protector VIP Wining packaging personal opinion! Totally getting it, hope overdrive can double up. 

7 hours ago, ROBBROSS said:

what would be nice is if they used a real real rider on the back for a spare rather than piece of plastic

They used real rider on the Bronco, so pretty sure they did this time too

On 4/5/2024 at 11:22 PM, ROBBROSS said:

what would be nice is if they used a real real rider on the back for a spare rather than piece of plastic

They did use a real rider tire for the spare. If you read the full description of the vehicles specs, it states that it does.

u are correct i stand corrected on the spare , i still think they look like the cheap real riders, look at bronco ones and then the mercedes with solid rims with no see through on spokes and the tires look like matchbox tires

• Like 2

Small hiccup when trying to add this to my cart... had to do it about 10 times before it actually showed up in my car.  Kept saying "you've reached your limit" yet my cart would remain empty..  but got through it eventually.  Interesting captcha this time around, they are definitely getting harder!  Good to see some improvement from Mattel on combating the bots.  Anyway, EZ process 9:02 crossed that finish line for another one in the bag!  How far we've come in the last few years, keep up the good work! 

PS: it would be very cool to see this as an RLC drop in a matte black finish with some yellow accents! 

Edited by F0RCED1NDUCT10N_1

I had the same issue. I had to close out the tab and reopen it then I was able to add it and order without issue at 9:09. I'm sure they'll sell out eventually but thankfully a few minutes didn't cost me.

I received the AMG, It is # out of 30k on back of card very nice to see, but I'm a little disappointed in the overall detail I would think for the price we pay there would be more detail like opening doors or hood or both like the M2's and some other manufacturers. I've been collecting HW'S since I was kid and I'm now almost 60. So I will continue to buy every 1 I can. I just think that when we spend $20 or more for a car there would be better detail. like the Coddington's, and such. I'm anxious for the Mclearen F1 that looks sweet.