What Speed Dreams Are Made Of: RLC Exclusive McLaren F1

By Mattel Creations Staff

There are fast cars, and then there are speed machines. Built with epic aerodynamics and a massive engine, the McLaren F1 is in a velocity class all its own. Our RLC Exclusive McLaren F1 pays tribute to the vision of a driving force built for serious hustle. 

The McLaren F1 hit the scene in 1992 and hasn’t hit the brakes since. The money-is-no-object approach to car-building, with the use of exotic materials like carbon fiber, Kevlar, titanium, and even gold, was so advanced it changed the way we see supercars forever. 30 years later, this beautiful beast is still the fastest naturally aspirated production car ever made.  

Break out your shades. Our model rocks electric dark orange Spectraflame paint, as a nod to the McLaren factory ‘Yquem’ paint. It’s a casting loaded with premium touches, including the trim, lights, badging, interior, painted matte silver wheels, and of course the engine. The hyper-sleek, ultra-detailed RLC McLaren F1 may be just 1:64 scale, but it will command your entire shelf.  

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Vehicle, Wheel, Coupe, Sports CarCould contain: Machine, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Vehicle, Wheel, Coupe, Sports Car

PACKAGING 

• Packaged in an acrylic case with a decorative outer box 

AVAILABILITY 

• RLC members only: April 2, 2024 at 9am PT until sold out 

PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS 

• Priced at $35.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)  
  • We offer international shipping – please see shipping costs and details (international shipping availability subject to change)  
  • Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit FIVE (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion) 
  • Refunds only, no exchanges 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email.  

Manufactured under license from McLaren Automotive Limited. The McLaren name and logo are registered trademarks of McLaren. 

• Like 11

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I guess we will have to wait and see as usual if it's a limit of 1 as per the shop article or 2 as per the news article.

• Like 2

Huge shoutout to the HW design team for the years of R&D needed to finally bring this one to the 'shelves' in all its glory! Hoping this is 1 per account so I have a better chance at scoring one!

Awww man why did it have to be in a Boxed Display!😮‍💨 A bit disappointed Personally the car is awesome great but the boxed display killed it for me 🫤 I really love the old school carded with a Carded Graphic  Display of the car classic RLC packaging to hang on the wall the box display just doesn't really do it for me just stacking up boxes on a corner,  just how I feel about it. Still getting it tho Run it in. Hope we can step away from  this box displays and start seeing better designs on the holographic Back cards of our RLC's like the NFT'S that would be sweet and Nearly to see making them more collectable items... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Padrino Antrax701 said:

Awww man why did it have to be in a Boxed Display!😮‍💨 A bit disappointed Personally the car is awesome great but the boxed display killed it for me 🫤 I really love the old school carded with a Carded Graphic  Display of the car classic RLC packaging to hang on the wall the box display just doesn't really do it for me just stacking up boxes on a corner,  just how I feel about it. Still getting it tho Run it in. Hope we can step away from  this box displays and start seeing better designs on the holographic Back cards of our RLC's like the NFT'S that would be sweet and Nearly to see making them more collectable items... 

Generally the boxes are used for RLC items with opening features, so this one was always going to be a box

• Thanks 1

It says "ultra-detailed" but the front air intakes/vents are not painted, the rear vents are not painted, the exhaust tips are not painted. Like c'mon man.

On 3/31/2024 at 10:44 AM, Giovanne2004 said:

Why are there soo many old cars and wtf thinks that golden bringt bling makes them a treasure.

Mattel where are you going?

Well the golden "bling bling" aka "spectraflame" paint colors are the RLC thing.  Only available on RLC cars (and I think super treasure hunts?.. that might be a different paint).  But spectraflame has been a thing on RLCs for decades now.  Its the signature mark of an RLC.  Only a few releases in the past few years have been with nonSpectraflame paints.  So... if you're not a fan... you may be disappointed with RLC drops lol.  

As for "old" cars, this casting is a "new" or fairly new casting we've seen in the Hot Wheels lineup.  I believe it was a new casting for 2022? So in the HotWheels world, we have not seen the F1 yet.  And the F1 is a legendary car, so many of fans have been waiting for this release.  

5 minutes ago, ClayTheCarCollector said:

New recaptcha out 😳

Yea i know right? Caught me off guard!  Like "whoa" they're getting a little more tricky now, definitely will stop or slow down the bots if there are any of those anymore.  It seems fairly easy to get drops these days compared to the old days.  I'm glad I dont have to sweat over whether or not I will be able to scoop one up for my collection! 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:39 PM, Tasmanian Devil said:

Generally the boxes are used for RLC items with opening features, so this one was always going to be a box

I dont know... we've had sooo many cars that are carded with opening features to... ALTHOUGH I will say, the releases with more "intricate" opening features have tended to be displayed in the boxes.  Opening features like hoods or trunk pieces have been released in the carded types many times.   But it makes sense, they put so much work into these "intricate" opening features, seems they'd want to show them off! 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 8:45 AM, shady333 said:

why do we need sideview mirrors on cars? any ideas? 🤣

Yea.... was kinda disappointed to see the side mirrors missing.... Mattel should be putting those on every RLC car as a standard practice... for the amount of money we are paying for them... 

• Like 3

On 4/2/2024 at 11:13 AM, F0RCED1NDUCT10N_1 said:

Yea i know right? Caught me off guard!  Like "whoa" they're getting a little more tricky now, definitely will stop or slow down the bots if there are any of those anymore.  It seems fairly easy to get drops these days compared to the old days.  I'm glad I dont have to sweat over whether or not I will be able to scoop one up for my collection! 

Yeah, im really happy about it! It worked well and i felt that it definitely slowed down the possibility of loosing to fake accounts

• Like 1

Hi guys, how do i know my total shipping cost? I click the order and keep going till the payment page, its shows the total $35 with no information of my shipping charge. I live in Indonesia by the way. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Ramandika said:

Hi guys, how do i know my total shipping cost? I click the order and keep going till the payment page, its shows the total $35 with no information of my shipping charge. I live in Indonesia by the way. Thanks.

Mattel Creations doesn't ship to Indonesia.

I absolutly love these cars and the designs that you all make. The special cars in the boxes are amazing and make my display case so much more fun to design.

On 4/3/2024 at 3:47 PM, Ramandika said:

total: $44.78 (In the United States) 

I live in the U.S. and it was $44.78 after tax and shipping, I’m not sure what’ll be for you but hope that helps!

On 3/31/2024 at 3:54 PM, VroomMeow said:

It says "ultra-detailed" but the front air intakes/vents are not painted, the rear vents are not painted, the exhaust tips are not painted. Like c'mon man.

I don't think you give it enough credit. Mattel has a budget on the cars they make. It already cost them a lot to design the car. They had to basically restart at one point. Also, the process to polish the car to work with spectraflame was also really hard. Plus there are loads of other details, and not all details are painted. Just because it doesn't have paint on everything, that doesn't make it undetailed.

On 3/31/2024 at 10:44 AM, Giovanne2004 said:

Why are there soo many old cars and wtf thinks that golden bringt bling makes them a treasure.

Mattel where are you going?

If people didn't like it, Mattel wouldn't sell it. And maybe, just maybe, old cars are really cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:12 PM, Padrino Antrax701 said:

Completely agree, if its boxed I do not even buy it, they are just to good in the traditional blister.

• Like 1