Totally Tubular Time Capsule: Matchbox ’80 Porsche 911 Turbo

By Gary Barnum

By 1980, the Porsche 911 had become a defining sports car with auto enthusiasts, successfully producing a speedy turbo machine for racing or street use. Let our Matchbox ’80 Porsche 911 Turbo transport you back to those fast times on May 25, 2023.

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Wheel, Purple, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Vehicle, Advertisement

New wave music videos, neon colors, and status symbols of wealth – like fast, exotic cars – embodied the era. Cruising or racing, the Porsche 911 is as iconic now as it was then.

Our exclusive edition offers you opening doors, shocking pink and turquoise colors, popular ’80s graphics, and premium wheels. Keeping up with the decade of excess, we even parked it in an oversized acrylic case with a bodacious background.

• Features: Opening doors
  • Body Color: Metallic hot pink
  • Graphics: Turquoise grid pattern on hood and sides; turquoise stripe on roof; “PORSCHE” on windshield and sides; “911” and “turbo” on sides; Matchbox logo on rear; authentic manufacturer logos
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Premium exotic wheels with turquoise hubs
  • Base: Black (ABS)
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black
  • Scale: 1:64

Could contain: Purple, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Wheel, Collage, Coupe, Sports Car

PACKAGING

• Packaged in an oversized acrylic case with an ’80s-themed background with a sturdy outer box

AVAILABILITY

• Anyone: May 25, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. PT until sold out

PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS

• Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We offer international shipping – please see shipping costs and details here  (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • No purchase limits (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email.

Porsche, the Porsche shield and the distinctive design of Porsche cars are trademarks and trade dress of Porsche AG. Permission granted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have waited so long for an awesome 911...

And I'm still waiting. Dear Godzilla that deco burns my eyes. Just because a car was manufactured in the 80s doesn't mean it has to look like a refugee from a Culture Club video. 

Holding out for elegant white. Or yellow. Heck, even that dreadful 80s furniture brown would be better than this. 

• Like 1

I think its ridiculous there are no purchase limits and I tried right at  9PST it wouldn't go through and 12:03 it was sold out.   Please limit so non resellers can get one.

• Sad 2