Who is Muffy Roberts?

On 12/19/2022 at 9:36 AM, rcuevas said:

I think collectors weren’t ready for that facial expression on a Barbie doll. People were used to a more modest look on her. For me, she looked angry. There’s a few dolls in the BFMC like that. If looks could kill! 😆 But like I said, I learned to love her attitude.

Perhaps Robert Best saw a photo of that socialite and was inspired by her.

That facial expression is very much in keeping with Barbie's original face. I have a friend who calls my #1 "Cranky Barbie". 🙂

Could contain: Doll, Toy, Person, Barbie, Figurine

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 10 months later...
On 12/18/2022 at 11:00 PM, rcuevas said:

You’re welcome. I was also turned off by the name. Who names someone Muffy? It appears that besides some TV characters, there are actually a few people named Muffy, including one who was an heiress and a socialite. It shows that money can’t get one a decent name, lol.

Muffy is big in Ireland... I know three Muffys from back home. 

• Like 3

On 12/20/2022 at 8:02 PM, DARDECK said:

I like the nickname Muffy.  It's cute.  A lot of names are from an older time than now and I like them...I'm from an older time than now lol. 

And then there was actually an older doll whose name was Fluff!! 🤣 Come here Fluff, sit, roll over, etc....  Maybe Muffy is Fluff's mother.

• Haha 7

• 1 month later...