I'm a hot wheels guy, but I'm also into sci fi. matchbox/ROBOTECH

ARMATAZ

back befor lesney went under in the 80's, they scored the contract with harmoney gold, for their robotech cartoon series,   vehicles, mechs,  and action figures.

I was wondering, if theres any chance Mattel might try to  get that license back for the US domestic Diecast market. considering all the sci fi and movie lines hot wheels have currently going. it might be an oportunity for matchbox to re-visit it's own history. in this reguard

Matchbox Robotech Mac II Monster Destroid Cannon 1985 aka Destroid Monster by Takatoku - DX Robo

See the source image

Vintage Matchbox Robotech Mech Figure 1985 Matchbox Die Cast | Etsy

Matchbox ROBOTECH MACROSS Zentreadi Powered Armour 1985 Complete - Picture 1 of 4

Miscellaneous Vehicles, Page 3

• Like 3

[sig2-1.jpg

All battloids? no veritechs? 

Jada Diecast just came out with two cars featuring Rick and Max on their cars in 1:24 scale. I did not think any US company has had the license for Macross/Robotech for a long time since Harmony Gold stop licensing the show in the US.

Edited by SELF

7 hours ago, SELF said:

All battloids? no veritechs? 

Jada Diecast just came out with two cars featuring Rick and Max on their cars in 1:24 scale. I did not think any US company has had the license for Macross/Robotech for a long time since Harmony Gold stop licensing the show in the US.

for those interested.  harmony gold has done a US  relaunch of the series, digitally re-mastered and in 5.1 dolby surround.

I guess, they had a big debut at the anihime  SCI FI wondercon convention on march 24th earlier this year.

if you stream. it's also still free on tubi I think.  and in 2024 funmation /crunchy roll will have the updated complete robotech anime inventory re--launch available to buy or stream beginning to end.

I also I have fantasies  about harmony gold, allowing FASA to do a battle tech live action franchise, based on FASA's novels. now that CGI has finally caught up to  the digital abilities to bring their universes.to life.

Edited by ARMATAZ
  • Like 1

[sig2-1.jpg

23 hours ago, ARMATAZ said:

for those interested.  harmony gold has done a US  relaunch of the series, digitally re-mastered and in 5.1 dolby surround.

I guess, they had a big debut at the anihime  SCI FI wondercon convention on march 24th earlier this year.

if you stream. it's also still free on tubi I think.  and in 2024 funmation /crunchy roll will have the updated complete robotech anime inventory re--launch available to buy or stream beginning to end.

I also I have fantasies  about harmony gold, allowing FASA to do a battle tech live action franchise, based on FASA's novels. now that CGI has finally caught up to  the digital abilities to bring their universes.to life.

COOL BEANS!!  the new(to the US) macross and the live action robotech movies are back on the market. for US and world wide production.

mattel can possibly get in on  the merch licensing  ,if they want it.

Tokyo, April 2021, 4: A historic agreement between anime companies has confirmed the rights to Harmony Gold's Robotech series, while allowing for the international expansion of many Macross television series sequels and films immediately. The two companies will collaborate on the international expansion of Macross and Robotech projects from 9 onward.

Tokyo-based Big West and Los Angeles-based Harmony Gold USA have announced an agreement for global rights to the legendary Macross and Robotech series. The comprehensive agreement, signed on March 2021, 3, brings an end to 1 years of disagreement, opening up new avenues for Big West and Harmony Gold to unlock the incredible potential of the Macross and Robotech series globally.

The historic agreement allows for the immediate global rollout of the Macross film and TV series sequel, while confirming that Big West will not object to the upcoming release of Robotech live-action films in the Japan. This agreement also grants Tatsunoko the exclusive worldwide license of Harmony Gold for many years outside of Japan countries for the use of 41 Macross characters and mecha in the Robotech television series and related merchandisings.

Going forward, the two companies will work together to benefit both series in the development of future projects for Macross and Robotech.

Big West CEO Kamon Onishi: "
The story is characterized by the love triangle between Valkyrie, a transforming realistic mecha active in the galaxy against the backdrop of a diva song, and a love triangle between a diva and a pilot. We are pleased to deliver to We deeply appreciate the courageous decision of HG President Frank Agrama."

Frank Agrama, Chairman of Harmony Gold USA: "
This is an incomparable historic moment for both Harmony Gold and the Big West, as well as the anime industry as a whole. It's also an amazing moment for Robotech and Macross fans around the world. I would like to thank my friend, Kamon Onishi, CEO of Big West, for their efforts to help us solve this long-cherished dream of protecting each other's series and building a better tomorrow for both companies."

[sig2-1.jpg

BIG WEST CO. LTD., STUDIO NUE, INC. AND HARMONY GOLD U.S.A. ANNOUNCE EXPANSIVE AGREEMENT FOR THE FUTURE OF MACROSS AND ROBOTECH WORLDWIDE!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BIG WEST CO. LTD., STUDIO NUE, INC. AND HARMONY GOLD U.S.A. ANNOUNCE EXPANSIVE AGREEMENT FOR THE FUTURE OF ROBOTECH AND MACROSS WORLDWIDE!

April 9, 2021 - Tokyo, Japan & Los Angeles, California -  Landmark agreement between the anime companies will allow immediate international distribution of most Macross television sequels and films, while affirming Harmony Gold’s rights to the Robotech franchise. Both companies will cooperate on the international distribution of future Macross and Robotech projects post 2021. 

Tokyo based BIGWEST CO. LTD. and Los Angeles based Harmony Gold U.S.A. announced an agreement regarding the worldwide rights for the legendary Macross and Robotech franchises. This expansive agreement signed by both companies on March 1, 2021, ends two decades of disagreements and will allow Big West and Harmony Gold to chart a new path that will unlock the great potential of both the Macross and Robotech franchises worldwide. 

The landmark agreement immediately permits worldwide distribution of most of the Macross films and television sequels worldwide, and also confirms that Big West will not oppose the Japanese release of an anticipated upcoming live-action Robotech film.  The agreement also recognizes Harmony Gold’s longstanding exclusive license with Tatsunoko for the use of the 41 Macross characters and mecha in the Robotech television series and related merchandise throughout the world excluding Japan.

Moving forward, both parties will cooperate on distribution regarding future Macross and Robotech projects for the benefit of both franchises.

Big West Representative Director, Kaya Onishi added, “Stories that feature Valkyries, a transformable realistic mecha, in action among the galaxies while diva's sing in the background, as well as love triangles involving the pilots and singers. That was and continues to be the concept behind the Macross series, and I am happy that I can now help bring Macross to people all over the world on the 40th anniversary of the series. I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Harmony Gold Chairman, Frank Agrama for his courageous decision in this matter.”

Harmony Gold USA Chairman, Frank Agrama stated, “This is an incomparably historic moment for both Harmony Gold and Big West and the anime industry overall. This is also an exciting moment for fans of Robotech and Macross worldwide. I thank my friend, Big West Representative Director, Kaya Onishi for her hard work to help us reach this long-desired resolution that protects both of our franchises while building a better tomorrow for both our companies.” 

[sig2-1.jpg

2025 is the 40th anniversary of robotech,, it will also be the anniversary for matchboxes involvement with in the robotech universe.

robotech is one of, if not the  first animated series to introduce the anime "mecha" genera to the US public. and is arguably the ignition point for all mecha-based animation that fallowed. where would  the transformers starscream be, with out the  transforming veri-tech fighter?

• Like 1

[sig2-1.jpg