Custom '32 Ford Vintage Asphalt Modified Coupe Race Car

Hey guys, i've been working on this project for almost 2 years now since the McCabe '79 Nova, I just finished it last weekend. I was on hiatus over the past summer, trying to enjoy the summer a bit more, so..... Also, i have been busy researching for a whole bunch of details about these Modifieds, suspensions details, what the 429 ci engine blocks looks like so i could recreate them as accurately as possible, luckily i feel on a Ytube video of a guy restoring an old coupe, and was able to find a whole bunch of info, i did search pics of modifieds but most of them if not all are afar and not up close enough to see any details, but now i got what i needed, so here we go........

I will be showing a bunch per day if i can, i will not show it all at once like i've done in the past.

Stay tuned for future pics.

Could contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person, Food, Sweets, GumCould contain: Accessories, Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person, Gemstone, Jewelry, Electronics, Mobile Phone, PhoneCould contain: Aluminium

Took out the huge lump of metal in the back to make some room for the cage, suspension, etc...

Could contain: Machine, Wheel, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Toy, TireCould contain: Machine, Spoke, Wheel, Toy, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Transportation, Vehicle

Wasn't sure what to use as wheel size, at first i wanted to use 3 mediums and one small for the left front wheel, but could not find 4 matching hubs (3 meds and 1 small), so i just went with all 4 mediums, did not go with those 4 large ones with the Goodyears.

Could contain: Art, Diagram, Technical Drawing, DrawingCould contain: Car, Transportation, VehicleCould contain: Diagram, White Board, Technical Drawing

Took my measures and drew up a frame design, which is an off-set frame (body towards the left, to make room for the driver).

Could contain: Book, Publication, TextCould contain: FurnitureCould contain: E-scooter, Transportation, Vehicle

My frame assembly.

More to come next time.

Keep on treasure hunting😉👍

Edited by BEAU-CARS
  • Like 14

7f6f3f03-43c4-44ea-bdbd-93a26e0f067e.Large.gif?1

Thank you COOLBREEZE for the awesome sig you made for me.

LOOKING FOR: The Lexington HW 15th National Convention '69 Mustang Boss 302, also need several older and some newer $upers and regulars TH from (1995 to 1997, 1999, 2003, 2007 to 2012, 2015, 2017 to 2019), 2009-2010 Dragstrip Demons, HW Vintage Racing, 2012 Stock Car series #121 Galaxie of Dan Gurney, as well as a few other PC cars and Entertainment cars, Thanks!.

Posted (edited)

Hey guys here are more pics.

Stay tuned for more.

Could contain: Coil, Spiral, PersonCould contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person, Blade, Dagger, Knife, Weapon

Wish bone style front suspension with leaf springs.

Could contain: Wood, Alloy Wheel, Machine, Spoke, Tire, Transportation, Vehicle, Wheel, Plywood, FloorCould contain: Machine, Wheel, Tire, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Spoke, Transportation, VehicleCould contain: Machine, Wheel, Toy, Device, Grass, Lawn, Lawn Mower, Plant, ToolCould contain: Wood, Machine, Wheel, Car, Transportation, Vehicle

Checking out the stance, etc...

Could contain: Accessories, Buckle, Helmet, Football, Person, Playing American Football, Sport, Ceiling Fan, Device, Electrical DeviceCould contain: Accessories, Buckle, WristwatchCould contain: AccessoriesCould contain: Body Part, Hand, Person, FingerCould contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person, Handcuffs

More frame work.

Could contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, PersonCould contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person, Accessories, Diamond, Gemstone, JewelryCould contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, PersonCould contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person

Pre fitting and installation of the roll cage. Also made some work on the engine (used two pieces of an engine (valve covers/manifold and oil pan)) used putty to shape the middle part of the engine (exhaust port areas), etc...

Edited by BEAU-CARS
  • Like 9

LOOKING FOR: The Lexington HW 15th National Convention '69 Mustang Boss 302, also need several older and some newer $upers and regulars TH from (1995 to 1997, 1999, 2003, 2007 to 2012, 2015, 2017 to 2019), 2009-2010 Dragstrip Demons, HW Vintage Racing, 2012 Stock Car series #121 Galaxie of Dan Gurney, as well as a few other PC cars and Entertainment cars, Thanks!.

Could contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person, Wristwatch, Arm, Bottle, Cosmetics, PerfumeCould contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person

Some pre-fitting.

Could contain: Wood, Hardwood

Decided to not use the hood shown previously, will be using this one from the top that's above the engine of a Matchbox Bulldozer, as it was off-set exactly the same manner as my frame, so i saved some extra work.Could contain: Car, Transportation, VehicleCould contain: Weapon, Blade, Gun

Here i made my radiator and shock mounts.

Could contain: Wood, Accessories, Hardwood

Then i made the air cleaner on my engine and cut a hole in the hood for the air cleaner to peek through.

Could contain: Wood, Plywood, Hardwood, Furniture, Table, Electronics

Made panels for the front and back firewall, the floor, and the driveshaft tunnel.

Could contain: Wood, Hardwood, Plywood, Indoors, Interior Design, Stained WoodCould contain: Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person, Accessories, Belt, Buckle

Finished the rest of the front firewall.

Could contain: Wood, Hardwood, PlywoodCould contain: Wood, Hardwood

Then i've made the top of the dash and then put the door bars, and also finished the driveshaft tunnel at the front firewall as i made it bigger for the Bell Housing/Transmission.

• Like 10