G1 Comic Book series by IDW: New Scaremester

IDW is releasing new G1 stories in comic book form and a couple of unfinished pages got released as a preview for Free Comic Book Day in May. The official release is in August. Personally I cannot wait to read these. I love the semi-realistic artstyle!

From the spine-chilling minds of Monster High superfans Jacque Aye and Caroline Shuda comes Monster High: New Scaremester. Ghouls and boos are heading back to Monster High for a new scaremester. And while they'll certainly be serving lurks in the hallway and haunting study howl, rumor has it that trouble is brewing. Draculaura, Clawdeen Wolf, Cleo de Nile, and Frankie Stein have never met a bad scare day or monstrous problem they couldn't fix together, but…Drac's in over her fangs with her new responsibilities, Clawdeen and Cleo aren't speaking, and Frankie's life may be in danger. The beasties need a fresh start, and what better time than the new scaremester? Surely a reconciliation is lurking just around the dark and foreboding coroner. Additional Covers Offered: B (Camacho) Story Jacque Aye Art Caroline Shuda 32 Pages.

Could contain: Person, Animal, Wildlife, Mammal, Face, Head, Bat

Could contain: Book, Comics, Publication, Person, Adult, Female, Woman, Face, Head

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pgirl1986 said:

Hexicah's looking.... mighty pale there, that's all I'm gonna say.

That's supposed to be him? Well, it's not the final product, the werecat twins don't have their shirts colored in either, so I'm waiting until the final print.

On 4/20/2024 at 2:19 AM, Pgirl1986 said:

Hexicah's looking.... mighty pale there, that's all I'm gonna say.

I've seen a few people mention this online, and I doubt there was malicious intent behind it. My theory is that the colorist for this comic used, or was provided, G1 art of Hexiciah for reference, as opposed to his physical doll or animated cartoon appearances. Hexeciah's only official art is lit quite deceptively, it looks like this:
Hexiciah_Steam.webp.225fcff4885c70b4eff76f1db5acf48d.webp

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This is an incredible deep cut, but has anyone ever watched A.T.O.M. (Alpha Teens on Machines)? It features an inventor/genetic engineer called Janus Lee and I swear to all that is Freaky and Fabulous, Frankie's dad is a Monster Version of him. Like, especially in flashbacks to his younger years, it's downright uncanny.

Edited by Pgirl1986

Just your average Monster High Enjoyer.

Profile Pic by: https://sassmaster-artjay.tumblr.com/

My local comic shop (which is pretty much the only one within realistic travel distance for me, and reportedly one of the best within a pretty large area) didn't have it for Free Comic Book Day, and I was mortalfied. It's not that they couldn't have gotten it in, either - they had other FCBD comics - but they just said that they only ordered the comics they thought would be popular. 😢

In fact, they had almost none of the others that I would have been interested in, and I was pretty disappointed and just left with nothing. I overheard the person behind me also asking specifically about Monster High, so they seem to have misjudged how many would be interested in it.

• Sad 5