Less Is MO-Stash WIP

There's a "Sweet 16" that makes up the canopy. A "4 Ward Speed" makes up the fenders and chassis. A the back end of a Mo-Stash makes the rear deck. MILLIPUT fills in the gaps between the body and fenders. I used E6000 to hopefully tac the body to the frame in hopes of being able to release the upper portion of the body from the chassis when the MILLIPUT cures. The side panels under the side windows are pie-tin. We'll see how well that works when I prime it..Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Machine, Wheel, Animal, Mammal, Rat, Rodent

• Like 5

Gonna call this one the Mostash Dart. But the MoStash has all but been lost in the Sweet 16 and 4Ward Speed. The side view still strikes me as having a "swept 40's" look to it.

Once again Mattel... Not crazy about plastic to metal parts. If I wanted to build plastic? I'd build AMT or Monogram, or something like that. "But it is what it is."

And that WAS weird assembling, then masking to spray the finish. I really can't think of a time building diecast that I had to do that.

Could contain: Machine, Wheel, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car Wheel, Tire, Toy

Could contain: Machine, Wheel

Could contain: Wheel, Car, Vehicle, Alloy Wheel, Car Wheel, Spoke, Tire, Coupe, Sports Car, Toy

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SAMMYRAY said:

I like how it turned out. I refuse to build plastic cars unless it's a model.

I like it OK. Were it real? It's kinda like a homeless puppy. 10 cylinder, single seater, hybrid, closed wheel, racing car. Salt Flats ?

I really dislike having to re-strip the paint off of plastic. (And there's little doubt in my mind that I WILL be re-stripping paint off of about anything I build.) I use Aircraft Stripper. I like ACS. Everything else is in the way. Trick is washing it off the plastic just as the paint crazes.

• Like 2