Keeley Jones doll

I don't think I'm alone in thinking Mattel totally missed the mark on that doll from the Ted Lasso series. I bought the doll for $28, nearly half of the original price. Instead of glamming her up in cheesy faux fur and Barbie-pink gown, they really should have designed her as we the fans see her. My son (a "Lasso" fan, but not a Barbie collector) says my version of her is more like the character. Thoughts?

Natalie

Could contain: PersonCould contain: Toy, Doll, Clothing, Shorts, Coat, Face, Head, Person, Action Figure, Tape

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, Herselftheelf said:

I 100% agree. Yours is much truer to the character than the original outfit. Or maybe should have had a lion purse or something lol. 

My son said the hoop earrings should be bigger LOL

Natalie

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Natalie said:

I don't think I'm alone in thinking Mattel totally missed the mark on that doll from the Ted Lasso series. I bought the doll for $28, nearly half of the original price. Instead of glamming her up in cheesy faux fur and Barbie-pink gown, they really should have designed her as we the fans see her. My son (a "Lasso" fan, but not a Barbie collector) says my version of her is more like the character. Thoughts?

Natalie

Could contain: PersonCould contain: Toy, Doll, Clothing, Shorts, Coat, Face, Head, Person, Action Figure, Tape

Sorry Natalie, I never saw the show and have no interest in these dolls.  I don't like People dolls.  I just buy collector dolls that don't look like anyone lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DARDECK said:

Sorry Natalie, I never saw the show and have no interest in these dolls.  I don't like People dolls.  I just buy collector dolls that don't look like anyone lol!

It makes sense - most of the time they get it all wrong. The most accurate one I’ve seen is Tina Turner.

Natalie

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I took my son’s suggestion about bigger earrings, and Herselftheelf’s idea of an animal print bag.

Natalie, having way too much fun

Could contain: Toy, Child, Female, Girl, Person, Figurine, Action Figure, Shorts, Coat, Doll

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Natalie said:

I took my son’s suggestion about bigger earrings, and Herselftheelf’s idea of an animal print bag.

Natalie, having way too much fun

Could contain: Toy, Child, Female, Girl, Person, Figurine, Action Figure, Shorts, Coat, Doll

It looks like fun lol!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1