Monster High Skullector Addams Family Doll Two-Pack May 9th

Is it bad i was hopping for a throw back to the original? These don't scream Adams Family as much as I hoped they would. Just feel too cartoonish, I can see how they took inspiration from the cartoons. Do you think the Enid and Wednesday Dolls are going to be cartoonish like these?

I'm going to pass on this set. Hope those who do like these dolls can get them though. Good luck to you.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DrgnKitten said:

Is it bad i was hopping for a throw back to the original? These don't scream Adams Family as much as I hoped they would. Just feel too cartoonish, I can see how they took inspiration from the cartoons. Do you think the Enid and Wednesday Dolls are going to be cartoonish like these?

I'm going to pass on this set. Hope those who do like these dolls can get them though. Good luck to you.

There's been a few different pictures floating around online, so I'm not sure what's real and what's not but I would think the Netflix dolls would be more realistic then cartoonish. I would assume Mattel would try to make the Enid and Wednesday dolls kinda look like the actresses/characters in the show.....but who knows. Its too early to tell.

• Like 1

i hate that i'm actually considering getting this one...i'm just still upset that their so close together. It feels really irresponsible to spend so much so close together.

• Like 3

Huh, looks like a lot of people will be skipping this set due to the expense.

It's definitely not a 'wow', just very cute/pretty. I like it that they're more MH generic, though, since people all have preference to some version (60s show, 90s movies, current Netflix show) and doing the faces based on actors like they're doing with the forthcoming Wednesday dolls is sure to be a turnoff for some.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarmCat said:

There's been a few different pictures floating around online, so I'm not sure what's real and what's not but I would think the Netflix dolls would be more realistic then cartoonish. I would assume Mattel would try to make the Enid and Wednesday dolls kinda look like the actresses/characters in the show.....but who knows. Its too early to tell.

Very true. We never know until Mattel shows us. Mean while we can still dream up some fantastic doll designs.

• Like 3