I have inherited nearly 1000 Barbie dolls and still counting - HELP!

Starflare, I am so sorry to hear of your mother's death.  The members here have all given you excellent advice, please take your time to decide what you want to do.  Those dolls aren't going anywhere in the meantime.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DARDECK said:

I don't know what you mean.  If I list my doll for ten days on auction, when the 10 days are up it doesn't show up in the sold section.  Whether I relist it or not the item just goes away off the listings.  It won't show up again anywhere unless I relist it.

It's not an official thing, just something I noticed when I was tracking the NBC set. Items show up in the sold listings but keep getting reslisted, since the amount of available items stayed almost the same even when a lot appeared as 'sold/completed'. Not sure if auto-listings affects this or not. So I'm pretty sure there's something going on with completed listings that doesn't accurately reflect the amount of listings actually sold. But it's all just my hunch, nothing that's been confirmed. Maybe I'm wrong though. 🙂 

• Like 3

Sorry about your loss. If you Don't want to sell them yourself, I would contact Apple tree auction. I know in the past they would come to your house, pack everything up to bring back. They might be picky about any smells etc but a good way to get rid of alot of dolls if you do not want to sell yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sorry about your loss, it must be overwhelming right now.  The members/family in this forum have lots of knowledge, if they don't have an answer they will point you in the right direction 🙏

• Like 3

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give."

On 4/29/2024 at 12:29 PM, Starflare5 said:

Hello everyone,

My mother passed away recently, however, she left me a rather unusual inheritence: Hundreds and hundreds of unopened Barbie dolls that date back as far as 1985 as well as several original reproductions. There are several store exclusive and Exclusive Promotional Dolls ie: the Original See's Candy Barbie worth over $500 and the Toy Story 3 Great Shape Barbie worth over $300. The issue is that I haven't even the slightest clue how to actually, well, for lack of a better term, find an experienced collector to cash these in. Also, I'm still finding more and more in my mother's garage. Now, some of the packaging of some dolls has been damaged by either being slightly crushed, and, in some unfortunate cases, felines have urinated on some boxes, but, my mother purchased replacements for even the ones that have been damaged. There are also many, any unboxed dolls in cases and stand alone. There even an original Sun Gold Malibu and, I believe an original, Great Shape Barbie Dolls as well. Anyway, there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of dolls, and many of them I believe belong in a museum. Anyway, I'm looking for any help I can get.

Thank you,

Starflare5.

One person you may want to contact is Lamanda Rae Scott, a person who routinely buys Barbie Collections. Ms. Scott is well-known and highly active in the Barbie Collector community. She served as a co-chair for the 2022 National Barbie Doll Collectors Convention. I have acquired several excellent dolls through her. On eBay she is known as ShesMyDoll.  

Best of luck to you,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BMR_Collector said:

One person you may want to contact is Lamanda Rae Scott, a person who routinely buys Barbie Collections. Ms. Scott is well-known and highly active in the Barbie Collector community. She served as a co-chair for the 2022 National Barbie Doll Collectors Convention. I have acquired several excellent dolls through her. On eBay she is known as ShesMyDoll.  

Best of luck to you,

ShesMyDoll, I've bought from her.  She's a very person and great seller.  

• Like 4