Monster High Skullebrity RuPaul Dragon Queen doll

44 minutes ago, Heaven said:

Inside RuPauls packaging box there's an eclipse! So maybe she is themed around that in some way??

I noticed the eclipse too and we just had one here in the US!  😎

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Well the doll is... interesting. Not enough to spend $$ on it though when I've got so many dolls I like better.

Like @DEPP76 I thought it'd be an interestingly colorful and sparkling doll since Rue Paul's style is very over-the-top, so I was looking forward to what it looked like. The design we have is not bad per se, but I don't know... we'll see. I am also not a fan of open mouth dolls so that's a turnoff, although I understand they tried to emulate RuPaul's face.

Well, it all depends on the price, I guess? If she's $90 probably not. If more $65 or so, maybe.

Edited by hlivnat
  • Like 4

Wait, didn't we already have a Skullebrity doll in Lady GaGa? So did they decide to just give it an official series name and made the RuPaul doll #1, and Lady GaGa is kind of an unofficial doll "0" in the series?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hlivnat said:

Wait, didn't we already have a Skullebrity doll in Lady GaGa? So did they decide to just give it an official series name and made the RuPaul doll #1, and Lady GaGa is kind of an unofficial doll "0" in the series?

For the above, I didn't mean as in an actual doll in a "skullebrity" series, but as a celebrity doll as part of the skullector series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hlivnat said:

For the above, I didn't mean as in an actual doll in a "skullebrity" series, but as a celebrity doll as part of the skullector series.

That's the part that confuses me!😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hlivnat said:

I wouldn't consider Zomby Gaga as part of the skullector series. Mainly because she came out before MH was discontinued. Mattel only started the Skullector line back in 2020. She was a collab to honour/pay tribute to the Born This Way Foundation. If I remember correctly (wish they still had the official MH website) she was also added as an "official" student to the MH student body, so I don't think she was intended as a collector doll. The new Skullector series dolls are collabs but they only exist in the MH universe and aren't technically students of Monster High.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarmCat said:

I wouldn't consider Zomby Gaga as part of the skullector series. Mainly because she came out before MH was discontinued. Mattel only started the Skullector line back in 2020. She was a collab to honour/pay tribute to the Born This Way Foundation. If I remember correctly (wish they still had the official MH website) she was also added as an "official" student to the MH student body, so I don't think she was intended as a collector doll. The new Skullector series dolls are collabs but they only exist in the MH universe and aren't technically students of Monster High.

I did not realize that Zombie Lady GaGa was before the Skullector series. That makes sense.

I also bet it inspired the Skullector series.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Blopez said:

I just saw a photo of the upcoming Monster High Skullebrity RuPaul Dragon Queen doll! Does anyone know when she will be released? She is a must have!

Some people saying june 1st

• Thanks 2

I no little to nothing about Ru Paul other than the fact this person is Iconic in the world of Drag Queens. I found the thought of a Monster High doll very intriguing because thinking back I knew nothing about Lady Gaga other than the fact she is a Iconic figure in the music industry. For me the Lady Gaga or "Zombie Gaga" doll is one of the most treasured pieces in my Monster High collection. The assignment was understood when this doll was created and translated Monster High very well to  me at least. I was very excited to see the execution of the Ru Paul Monster High doll. I'll wait to see the the actual release before making a final decision but after seeing the leaked photo I'm confused. I see no Monster High connection here. It looks like a doll dressed up in a dragon Halloween costume unless I'm missing something. Either way the translation to Monster High is lost on me. Looks like I'll be saving a little money on this release.