Ted Lasso

Ok so when these dolls came out I was like…yeah what the eff is a Ted Lasso and who asked for this? A cursory Google-ing told me it was about European football so I wrote it off, I’m not big on sports.

Y’all. Please watch Ted Lasso. You need this, trust me. Yes it’s about football (soccer) and it’s dude-heavy, but it’s has great messages and strong gals as well, and honestly the sports take a back seat to the relationships. But most importantly it’s such a feel-good show with the main character having such great insights and a positive outlook on life. I’ve been feeling quite low lately but this show has not only made me smile and happy-cry, but also made me truly, actually LOL many times. And boy howdy did I need it.

I still don’t love these dolls, they don’t do these terrific characters justice, but I loooooove this show and I’m grateful Mattel made the dolls because it piqued my curiosity and helped me find the show.

And yeah, this probably belongs in Off Topic, but I’m hoping more people see this before it gets moved. Please watch Ted Lasso. It’s so good for your spirit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I've been saying the same thing since the dolls were announced. It's an absolutely wonderful show. Even the most cynical person I know loves it.

Be aware that it's on Apple TV+. You can get a 7-day free trial and then it's $9.99 monthly. Pay for a month, binge it, and you will not regret it. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I keep hearing good things about this show and it sounds like my cup of tea. Honestly, nowadays I can't bear anything but TV comedies. The 90s are my happy place but new ones are welcomed too.

• Like 5

Update nobody asked for: I finished the series last night and the whole show really was terrific. 10/10. So great to see not only supportive female relationships, but to also see the male and female leads in an actual honest-to-goodness friendship, with no romantic overtones. Really, so much more gushing is due but I won't bore you with it. I hope someone that read this thread takes a chance on the show. It's sunshine.

And I ordered the Ted Lasso doll for my collection today, LOL!

• Like 5

On 5/10/2024 at 10:58 AM, NICOLEBRIDGET said:

Ok so when these dolls came out I was like…yeah what the eff is a Ted Lasso and who asked for this? A cursory Google-ing told me it was about European football so I wrote it off, I’m not big on sports.

Y’all. Please watch Ted Lasso. You need this, trust me. Yes it’s about football (soccer) and it’s dude-heavy, but it’s has great messages and strong gals as well, and honestly the sports take a back seat to the relationships. But most importantly it’s such a feel-good show with the main character having such great insights and a positive outlook on life. I’ve been feeling quite low lately but this show has not only made me smile and happy-cry, but also made me truly, actually LOL many times. And boy howdy did I need it.

I still don’t love these dolls, they don’t do these terrific characters justice, but I loooooove this show and I’m grateful Mattel made the dolls because it piqued my curiosity and helped me find the show.

And yeah, this probably belongs in Off Topic, but I’m hoping more people see this before it gets moved. Please watch Ted Lasso. It’s so good for your spirit.

That’s what I did, got Apple TV right before season 2 premiered, binged season 1, slid right in to season 2, kept apple until I was assured there would be no season 4. Great show.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2024 at 12:08 PM, NICOLEBRIDGET said:

Update nobody asked for: I finished the series last night and the whole show really was terrific. 10/10. So great to see not only supportive female relationships, but to also see the male and female leads in an actual honest-to-goodness friendship, with no romantic overtones. Really, so much more gushing is due but I won't bore you with it. I hope someone that read this thread takes a chance on the show. It's sunshine.

And I ordered the Ted Lasso doll for my collection today, LOL!

The Ted Lasso et al. dolls are what made me finally go back and watch the series all the way through. I had started to watch the first season a couple of times and always lost interest...until Mattel made Barbie dolls of the characters! Amazing show, and I too bought the dolls - wonderful mementos of the show - I smile each time I look at them... I'd like a doll of Dr. Fieldstone - love this character!

• Like 5