Superstar Ken sunglasses ?

GOLDENDREAMS2300

Hi everyone,

Wondering if any of you have had experience with this one. I just got a 1977 Superstar Ken the other day. I found these instructions in the box as to how to put on his sunglasses. I think I have located the very hard to find small holes (more like a small line that could be a slit), but I don't think ANYTHING will go in there. When I push on it with the glasses, it feels like I'll break the glasses. Does anyone know, do these holes "heal" themselves after 33 years making them unusable? Smile Lori

IMG_1799.jpg

Guest starboy91572390876

The heads may shrink slightly over time and that may cause the glasses to not go in correctly. Also the plastic used for the glasses may get slightly brittle and they might break.

Brad

Guest neon_rocker86

It is hard today as it was many moon ago...believe me...I had a hard time putting Ken's sunglasses back when I first got him as a kid!!! you might want to use something else and gently prop them open before you slide the glasses...but warning if you leave the glasses on for too long they become hard to get them off too!!!!!

My Superstar Ken (from when I was a kid) has had green on one side by his hair for years so I guess the glasses got left in too long. That explains the green. They must have had metal in them. I lost the glasses long ago though...

I don't have ADD. It's just...OH, LOOK, A BARBIE!!!

Thanks everyone for your tips! I'd like him to be wearing his shades, but I'm not sure if I'll be successful. I wonder if I dunk his head in some hot water if that will soften his head...

malibu_linda, my Superstar Ken's glasses are red plastic. The only metallic looking part is silver paint framing the lenses. Wonder if there was 2 versions of the glasses?

Smile Lori

I got his glasses on! I dunked his head in some almost boiling water to soften it. Then I used this looped kind of tool to push open the slits. If I want to get them off, now that will be a challenge, they seem to be in there pretty good. But that's ok, because I have another Superstar Ken that is missing his glasses.

Doesn't he look stylin'!

Smile Lori

IMG_1842.jpg

Guest neon_rocker86

Ken looks great!! if you ever decide to remove them you gotta be really careful as you can break the glasses...

Guest Morinth

I was going to suggest the boiling water trick, but you figured it out on your own. SuperStar Ken looks fantastic, I love that he has his ring, watch and ID bracelet as well. Thumb's Up

Archived