Does Anyone Have Any American Girl Dolls?

Guest NICOLEBRIDGET1572392957

I recently purchased Cecile (France) of the Girls of Many Lands series. I love her! Her face is cuter in person, not as pouty, and the quality of her clothes...! It's absolutely stellar. I cannot believe such lovely dolls with such high quality clothing can be purchased for $30-$80. It's an absolute steal.

My updated shelf.

GirlsofManyLands11.jpg.e45c47a010c3910ab

As I said about Cecile elsewhere, when comparing her high quality to some recent low quality offerings for other dolls:

Cecile has excellent quality, gorgeous 18th Century style gown whose fabric is very soft to the touch and look to be of good quality.

GirlsofManyLands8.jpg.6414e3e6778fe42090

The sleeves have white ruffles at their edges. The bodice and gown are decorated with tiny shiny studs.

GirlsofManyLandsCecilenecklacebodice.jpg

GirlsofManyLandsCecile3.jpg.557f591f669b

She has a lovely little feathered fan-- though I can't get her to hold it. 😅

GirlsofManyLandsCecilefan.jpg.b8c7489967

She has knee-high cotton stockings with ribbons, and decorated fabric slippers with feathered edges.

GirlsofManyLands9.jpg.8405eb7b3a493a2a80

And she wears a double row of bead 'pearls' as a necklace. And two "pearl" bead bracelets with a pink cameo attached to each.

GirlsofManyLandsCecilesleevesbracelet.jp

And the same type of pearl bead necklace in her hair, single row.

She is an example of what a high quality collectible doll should be like. And I got her for THIRTY DOLLARS.

GirlsofManyLands2.jpg.0e91727405b01500bd

Here are some of the other, super adorable girls.

GirlsofManyLands1.jpg.7765bb5538819f26da

GirlsofManyLands7.jpg.f6281396d4066762f4

GirlsofManyLands5.jpg.d74db447138d79f003

GirlsofManyLands4.jpg.57e8ad42edb238497d

More detailed slippers and lovely embroidery.

GirlsofManyLands6.jpg.61e4ea79d022a35243

She looks so uppity here 😄

GirlsofManyLands3.jpg.c5188727c46d42d1af

These dolls are honestly some of my favorites ever. They combine beauty with amazing quality and historical clothes. Just lovely.

I hope to get the India doll, and the two expensive ones (Turkey and Ethiopia) as quickly as I can find a bargain. I will probably not get Ireland since she's too expensive for the quality you get.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hlivnat said:

I recently purchased Cecile (France) of the Girls of Many Lands series. I love her! Her face is cuter in person, not as pouty, and the quality of her clothes...! It's absolutely stellar. I cannot believe such lovely dolls with such high quality clothing can be purchased for $30-$80. It's an absolute steal.

My updated shelf.

GirlsofManyLands11.jpg.e45c47a010c3910ab

As I said about Cecile elsewhere, when comparing her high quality to some recent low quality offerings for other dolls:

Cecile has excellent quality, gorgeous 18th Century style gown whose fabric is very soft to the touch and look to be of good quality.

GirlsofManyLands8.jpg.6414e3e6778fe42090

The sleeves have white ruffles at their edges. The bodice and gown are decorated with tiny shiny studs.

GirlsofManyLandsCecile3.jpg.557f591f669b

She has a lovely little feathered fan-- though I can't get her to hold it. 😅

GirlsofManyLandsCecilefan.jpg.b8c7489967

She has knee-high cotton stockings with ribbons, and decorated fabric slippers with feathered edges.

GirlsofManyLands9.jpg.8405eb7b3a493a2a80

And she wears a double row of bead 'pearls' as a necklace. And two "pearl" bead bracelets with a pink cameo attached to each.

GirlsofManyLandsCecilesleevesbracelet.jp

And the same type of pearl bead necklace in her hair, single row.

She is an example of what a high quality collectible doll should be like. And I got her for THIRTY DOLLARS.

GirlsofManyLands2.jpg.0e91727405b01500bd

Here are some of the other, super adorable girls.

GirlsofManyLands1.jpg.7765bb5538819f26da

GirlsofManyLands7.jpg.f6281396d4066762f4

GirlsofManyLands5.jpg.d74db447138d79f003

GirlsofManyLands4.jpg.57e8ad42edb238497d

More detailed slippers and lovely embroidery.

GirlsofManyLands6.jpg.61e4ea79d022a35243

She looks so uppity here 😄

GirlsofManyLands3.jpg.c5188727c46d42d1af

These dolls are honestly some of my favorites ever. They combine beauty with amazing quality and historical clothes. Just lovely.

I hope to get the India doll, and the two expensive ones (Turkey and Ethiopia) as quickly as I can find a bargain. I will probably not get Ireland since she's too expensive for the quality you get.

They’re so lovely. I’ve always been a little tempted by these particular girls. Are their bodies fully vinyl? Do they have any articulation?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, RouenSims said:

They’re so lovely. I’ve always been a little tempted by these particular girls. Are their bodies fully vinyl? Do they have any articulation?

I think the body is hard plastic. No real articulation that I can see outside the traditional 'five points'. 🙂

They are just wonderful little dolls though. $50 or so well spent IMO. 😄

edit: keep an eye out for shopgoodwill auctions. They pop up on these from time to time, especially France and England. Though I would wait for them to show up in a batch-- it's less expensive that way.

Edited by hlivnat
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, hlivnat said:

I think the body is hard plastic. No real articulation that I can see outside the traditional 'five points'. 🙂

They are just wonderful little dolls though. $50 or so well spent IMO. 😄

edit: keep an eye out for shopgoodwill auctions. They pop up on these from time to time, especially France and England. Though I would wait for them to show up in a batch-- it's less expensive that way.

Thanks so much for the information and suggestion. They seem like such nice quality.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So a couple of weeks ago I found not just one but two listings of Leyla (the Turkey Girls of Many Lands doll) for about $45. Needless to say, I snatched one up as she usually goes for $70 or more.

This makes for 5 of the 7 girls. I'm in no hurry to get the last two, though, as they are expensive to super expensive and I don't feel their clothing offers as much as the others.

Here are photos of the new doll. The details on her are very intricate and rich so I snapped quite a few closeups.

The girl of the moment.

GirlsofManyLandsLeyla4.jpg.bcf8516530283

She has both a head ornament and necklaces.

GirlsofManyLandsLeyla7.jpg.9c2c72080b69c

Her hair in the back is beaded and consists of multiple braids.

GirlsofManyLandsLeyla5.jpg.fcdb30eecf5d5

Her head-scarf is also beautifully detailed.

GirlsofManyLandsLeyla1.jpg.f2f8ef2228aaf

Unlike Cecile, she's holding her fan. Or maybe Cecile's fan got dislodged.

GirlsofManyLandsLeyla8.jpg.2b53637f0073c

Pretty slippers with a decoration.

GirlsofManyLandsLeyla6.jpg.39573c807abf2

The print and coloring on her robe is very rich and lovely.

GirlsofManyLandsLeyla2.jpg.d8ed29ac8dee7

GirlsofManyLandsLeyla3.jpg.418edb3c8b0eb

The girls together. I need to get them a background drapery.

GirlsofManyLands5DollDisplay.jpg.97fd963

• Like 3