Does Barbie have any sisters besides Kelly now?

Guest bendlegmidge

Stacie still makes an appearance now and again (she is in the Mary Poppins set with Todd). Tommy is Ken's baby brother. There is a nice little family tree right here on the site that you might find helpful.

Dawn Smile

Guest LynM.1572379668

Todd? Todd was released as a twin to Tutti in '66. He appeared again in the Wedding set partnered with Stacie but I do not think if he was listed as a brother. He was pictured on one of the McDonald's sets (drive-thru #11774 in '94 with Skipper as the McD's employee. Todd, Stacie and Barbie were released in a McD set #11589 Birthday fun at McD's '93. On box, it says "Barbie is having birthday party for Stacie and Todd", so can only presume they are twins at this point. (McD's sets NRFB in my hands now.)

lynm

quote:
Originally posted by dhkoster:

Stacie still makes an appearance now and again (she is in the Mary Poppins set with Todd). Tommy is Ken's baby brother. There is a nice little family tree right here on the site that you might find helpful.

Dawn Smile

Okay I forgot about Stacie being in the Mary Poppins set with Tood.

Barbiedisneyfan

new mermaid sig

I saw a fairly recent Barbie book in a children's book store, and it clearly depicted Barbie with Skipper, Stacie, and Kelly, but not Todd or Krissy. There's a line of Barbie books that feature Stacie and it deals with childhood issues, like jealousy, teasing, and friendships, and Todd is depicted in some of the books, but he is clearly Stacie's friend, not her brother. Mattel probably still officially regards Skipper, Stacie, and Todd as members of Barbie's family, if only because of their presence in the collector lines. but they do not always feel obligated to acknowledge them in the playline. By the way, the second version of Stacie (the one that came with soccer gear) was paired with a Todd doll, and Todd was clearly referred to as Stacie's twin on his box. (Oddly enough, he is never called Barbie's brother.) I believe that the TRU wedding sets that featured Stacie and Todd also referred to them as siblings. Like a lot of collectors, I regard Stacie as a slightly older version of Tutti, Barbie's sister from the late 60's. Tutti would be a nickname that Stacie has now abandoned.

quote:
Originally posted by kendu:

I saw a fairly recent Barbie book in a children's book store, and it clearly depicted Barbie with Skipper, Stacie, and Kelly, but not Todd or Krissy. There's a line of Barbie books that feature Stacie and it deals with childhood issues, like jealousy, teasing, and friendships, and Todd is depicted in some of the books, but he is clearly Stacie's friend, not her brother. Mattel probably still officially regards Skipper, Stacie, and Todd as members of Barbie's family, if only because of their presence in the collector lines. but they do not always feel obligated to acknowledge them in the playline. By the way, the second version of Stacie (the one that came with soccer gear) was paired with a Todd doll, and Todd was clearly referred to as Stacie's twin on his box. (Oddly enough, he is never called Barbie's brother.) I believe that the TRU wedding sets that featured Stacie and Todd also referred to them as siblings. Like a lot of collectors, I regard Stacie as a slightly older version of Tutti, Barbie's sister from the late 60's. Tutti would be a nickname that Stacie has now abandoned.

I remember those books. They were called Barbie Rules or something like that. I remember the one where Todd was teasing Stacie because she was better at math than he was. So there is Todd Stacie's friend and Todd Stacie's brother.

Barbiedisneyfan

new mermaid sig

Guest ETHERIAN1572387739

quote:
Originally posted by lynm:

Todd, Stacie and Barbie were released in a McD set #11589 Birthday fun at McD's '93. On box, it says "Barbie is having birthday party for Stacie and Todd", so can only presume they are twins at this point. (McD's sets NRFB in my hands now.)

lynm

Maybe, Todd and Stacie have been twins all the time. I mean that Tutti could be Stacie's nickname.

Pedro

Guest ETHERIAN1572387739

quote:
Originally posted by kendu:

Like a lot of collectors, I regard Stacie as a slightly older version of Tutti, Barbie's sister from the late 60's. Tutti would be a nickname that Stacie has now abandoned.

I hadn't read this! I think this must be it.

Hopefully, one day we'll know Skipper's real name too. BTW some one told me long ago that Diva from The Rockers was actually Midge and she had an affair with Derek before going back with Allan but I'm not sure about that.

Pedro

Guest DanaLew

And before Tutti became Stacie, Stacie was Kelly but not the little kelly as we know her today. Stacie was named Kelly before she was named Stacie. And she was part of the Midge and Alan Wedding Set which featured her with Todd After that the same doll was named Stacie. I don't remember if it was with a Y at the end or an ie. But it's not the same Stacy who was Barbies British friend back in the 60s.

If this doesn't confuse you, then nothing can.

There are so many Barbie names that the doll club I belong to made Barbie Bingo cards and we play Barbie Bingo. There are so many names on that game card that sometimes it takes 20 minutes for someone to win.

Pedro, I'm not sure if that story is true, but no one has seen or heard from Derek since the 1980s when he mysteriously disappeared. I don't know if Alan had anything to do with THAT! LOL Blink

Archived