100% Hot Wheels Hard Rock Cafe Collection

In Response to Re: 100% Hot Wheels Hard Rock Cafe Collection:

Nice set of cars! Thanks for posting them! Is that all of the ones that were available through the Hard Rock? 

I visited the Hard Cafe in London back in '92 (I was in the Navy) and after eating (really overpriced food with the exchange rate at the time...a pound cost $1.81), I went to the gift shop and saw two Hot Wheels sitting on the shelf.

I asked the clerk how much they were and if I remember right they were 19.99 in pounds. I did the conversion in my head and knew I couldn't afford them. Since I really couldn't afford them and would have to store them on the ship, I decided to pass. 

Have no idea what they go for now. I still have none of the Hard Rock Cafe cars in my collection.

I like the cadillacs the best out of those pictured and if I had to choose which three I could have, I would get those first, then the Woody, looks pretty sharp.

I can't remember which two they had at the London location when I was there, but one of them may have been the Big Mutha. Not sure though.

How expensive were they in the states when they were being sold there?

The London location was the only Hard Rock Cafe I ever visited.

Posted by REDRYDER31@CHARTER.NET

My friend in Phoenx picked some up for me when they were available in 2002- 2003 from the Hard Rock Cafe and the sticker said $12.99 USD.

I am Canadian and it was the only way to obtain them.

The 8 I have shown are all of them.The pictures don't do them justice as they are much nicer loose.

I have them located by my stereo and only opened them to remove the bands that hold the hoods down and put them back in the box.You know card art with a theme.

I like the Cadillacs as well as it goes with the theme and also Elvis drove them.

To be honest I think you would like them all once you got your hands on them.

My only suggestion is look closely to unopened Black Boxes ( also for damage if you are not an opener) as most still have the plastic bands and depending on what kind of chemical make up,they can adhere to the paint and then there is a good possibility that it will be ruined as some will lift the paint.

Believe me I have removed hundreds of bands over the years. A few unsuccessfully.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the post.

Could contain: Car, Sedan, Transportation, Vehicle, Advertisement, Poster, Car Show, Coupe, Sports Car

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Response to Re: 100% Hot Wheels Hard Rock Cafe Collection:

Where can these be found? Only at Hard Rock cafes? A new release for 2018? Thanks for sharing.
Posted by HOTWHEELIES07

Sorry brother these came out during the 100% Black Box era around 2002-2003.

They are not new and your only hope is thru the secondary market.

Hope that helps.

Could contain: Car, Sedan, Transportation, Vehicle, Advertisement, Poster, Car Show, Coupe, Sports Car

Archived