2020 Barbie® Signature Doll Design Showdown: Vote for an Exclusive Doll!

By Allen Voivod

Last year, the first-ever Doll Design Showdown debuted, and you chose the design and prototype that would be made into a new Barbie® Signature doll. Now, you get to do it again! The 2020 Barbie® Signature Doll Design Showdown has begun, and this time, Designer Angel Kent is going "under the sea" to inspire your votes.

You’ll select the winning doll in two phases. Phase 1 consists of four design concepts. All you have to do is vote for your favorite. The poll for this phase will open on 8/19 and close on 8/25. So it’s already time to start voting!

Design Concept #1:

Sketch 2.png 

Design Concept #2:

Sketch 3.png 

Design Concept #3:

Sketch 4.png

Design Concept #4:

Sketch 5.png

The two sketches that receive the most votes will move on to the next phase of the Showdown! A couple of months after Phase 1 voting ends, Phase 2 voting will begin. You’ll be presented with a prototype version of each of the top two designs, and you’ll get to vote on which one you prefer. (Why the wait between voting phases, you may ask? Because it takes time to create – by hand! – the physical prototypes of the dolls and the fashions they wear. We want to make sure you see the best possible version of each one when it's time to vote again.) 

Please note: Voting will be open to all Barbie® fans, who may vote only once per voting phase. But only Barbie® Signature Platinum and Gold Status members will be able to purchase the final doll. (Not a member yet? Learn more and join now!)

Want more details? Read the sections below titled What Is the Doll Design Showdown? and How to Vote for in the Doll Design Showdown for more details, then vote today! And keep an eye on your email to see which designs move on to the prototype phase. (Make sure you're getting our emails by checking your email preferences. If you haven't signed up for our emails yet, just click here to get our email newsletter.)

VOTE NOW.png

2020 Barbie® Signature Selections

Voting Schedule

Round:

Opens:

Closes:

1st Round: Design Concepts

8/19

8/25

2nd Round (Approx): Prototype Options

11/30*

12/06*

*Final voting dates subject to change.

What Is the Doll Design Showdown?

Barbie® Signature will manufacture and offer the Doll Design Showdown winning doll, chosen from pre-selected designs and prototypes by Barbie® fans. Anyone can participate, but we will only offer this doll for sale to Barbie® Signature Platinum and Gold Status members.

We will conduct two polls, each lasting one week, in which anyone may vote for their preference of the offered choices. You may vote only once per poll. Be sure to vote before each poll closes!

When the final round of voting has been concluded, the winning choices will be used to manufacture the doll. Placing your votes is NOT a commitment to purchase the resulting doll, and voting in the polls is not required to purchase the resulting doll (but you must be a Barbie® Signature Platinum or Gold Status member to purchase the doll).

At a later date, we will offer the winning Doll Design Showdown doll to Barbie® Signature Platinum and Gold Status members. Orders will be taken for approximately 4 weeks, and we will produce enough quantities to match the number of orders we receive – every Platinum and Gold Status members will have the opportunity to order and receive one. This means the item is made-to-order; made-to-order items may not reach you for approximately one (1) year after placing your order. Further details will be available when the doll is offered.

Additionally, a minimum of 1500 pre-orders are required for the winning doll to go into production. If the minimum pre-order threshold is not met, the doll will not go into production, and all pre-orders will be refunded.

How to Vote in the Doll Design Showdown

1. Review the calendar above to see when voting opens and closes for the two phases.

2. Membership is not required to vote. Simply click the “Vote Now” link above to be taken to the survey.

3. On the survey page, read the instructions, then place your vote. NOTE: You can only vote once per phase, and once cast, your vote cannot be changed – so consider carefully before placing your vote!

4. Check in at Barbie® Signature after the polling phases end to see how the voting turned out, and don’t miss your chance to be a part of a new Barbie® creation!

Please note: The dolls, fashions, and accessories depicted in the above images are design concepts. Final production design, colors, and textures may vary slightly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is literally a dream come true!! The more mermaids, the merrier!! I voted for the merman because he's the most "natural" looking one. The 3rd one looks too similar to the mermaid doll released last year, and the 4th one doesn't have enough accessories! My money is on the merman or the blue one! ❤️

• Like 2

• for me I would say 1 , 2 and 4.  1 because I love the blue, color, its creative and the Barbie line needs it, 2 . as some  have said here a merman would be great and would look well with my other  Barbie mermaid collection. I like him, 3 the last one #4.  As I plus size woman I have not been happy with Mattle body positivity dolls. but I like this one. This is how a plus size  mermaid would be. I like her and the colors her tail is beautiful. I think they all could be a line I wish  we did not have to pick one, they all look like the could be a line of dolls for a under water world.  
  •  
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PAMMINORMAN1973 said:

I voted for the merman.I love the blue one too.I wish they would make 3 of them for a series

Blue for me ? ... I want to know the results, still not word.