Ready to celebrate Mother’s Day? Find the perfect picks for every fan’s collection. Shop Now

An Exclusive Barbie Looks Mix ‘n Match Set Kicks Off a New Membership Year

By Allen Voivod

2023 will be another fantastic year for Barbie Signature members. In addition to the early access to sales, exclusive content, and dedicated communities, we’re adding even more benefits. That includes perks for members attending the Barbie Convention and the opportunity to showcase your collections and customizations, which will make your membership more valuable than ever.

Another classic aspect of membership – and one of the most highly desired aspects, for that matter – are the dolls released exclusively to members each year. To start things off this time around, our team created a doll that takes an already popular series to a whole new level.

The Barbie Looks Collection to date features 12 dolls in two waves. Wave 1 was the “Black and White” wave, while Wave 2 was the “Metallic” wave. Wave 3 is going to be the “Color Block” wave, and there will be six core dolls (#13-#18) in that wave as well. But there will also be a premium seventh doll in Wave 3, which comes with multiple outfits and accessories for the first time in the series. That’s doll #19, and we’re debuting it before the rest of the wave.

Barbie Looks Doll #19 With Mix-and-Match Fashions is available at Mattel Creations for $30 beginning 2/6 at 9 AM PT. This Black Label doll uses the “Tall” Made-to-Move doll body, and there are no purchase limits. “I’m very excited to have a special Barbie Looks doll for members only,” says designer Bill Greening. “She is more ‘plussed up’ than the regular Barbie Looks dolls from this wave, with extra fashion pieces and accessories.”

Could contain: Sunglasses, Figurine, Person, Woman, Adult, Female, Teen, Girl, Child, Face

What exactly does “plussed up” mean? Bill was happy to explain, relating it to the rest of the wave. “For Wave 3 the theme features very bright bold colors for each doll. It’s a trend we see happening in fashion. The six core dolls [#13-#18] have more of a casual vibe, and doll number 19 is a bit more glam. Also, I personally love her pale skin tone against her jet-black hair and violet eyes. Very dramatic.”

And with all the included extras, you’ll be able to create even more customizable ensembles for display and social media photo posting. “The fun part of this doll is the fashions are separates so collectors can mix and match to create a variety of looks,” Bill says. The set includes two blouses, tailored pants, and a pencil skirt, as well as on-trend accessories: two pairs of heels, two clutches, three bracelets, and bold cat-eye sunglasses. 

With the multiple fashions and accessories, our packaging team had to re-think the Barbie Looks doll box for the occasion. “The packaging is still in line with the theme of a color block package, but it’s slightly larger,” says Key Lead Packaging Designer Vicky Gevorkyan. That accommodates the extra items, but it’s not the only reason for the variation. “It also gives the opportunity to highlight the various styled looks you can create with this doll on the back panel photography.”

Could contain: Shoe, Footwear, Clothing, High Heel, Doll, Toy, Person, Face, Head

If you’ve already joined Barbie Signature, and you’re nearing your renewal date, make sure you renew today so you don’t miss out on any of the benefits of membership. And if you’re not a member yet, you can join today AND get the new Barbie Looks Doll #19 With Mix-and-Match Fashions at the same time. (You’ll see a “1 Year Barbie Signature Membership” item automatically checked on that doll’s product page for you.) Either way, be sure to grab this doll while you can – your Barbie Looks Collection won’t be complete without it. Then get ready to experience all the friendship, fun, and glamour of Barbie fandom as we start a new membership year together.

Garment rack and hangers not included.

• Like 5

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just picked one up, really love her! It would be cool if we could get a set similar to the Kith Barbie release. Like the clothing rack with some clothes and small accessories. That's something I'd buy in a second. 🥰

• Like 2

well I like the idea of you get a second fashion with the dolls, but over all the joint all over the body and the face mold is not for me.  I will pass but I am sure there will be many who will like her, but model muse  i am no fan of  .

On 2/12/2023 at 11:37 PM, SHEREEM said:

It states April on her Shop purchase page.

Oh yes, I've seen that. But I remember that the Monster High Haunted Couture Clawdeen was also shown as shipping many months later, but she actually shipped in a couple of weeks after her launch. So I'm just wondering (or hoping, rather) if the same will happen with this Looks doll.

• Like 1

Just now, sandradee said:

Oh yes, I've seen that. But I remember that the Monster High Haunted Couture Clawdeen was also shown as shipping many months later, but she actually shipped in a couple of weeks after her launch. So I'm just wondering (or hoping, rather) if the same will happen with this Looks doll.

It just depends on when the stock arrives at the warehouse. Some can ship early, others later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piperamirez said:

Whats going on with this doll, im still wating for this to arrive

They are just starting to ship today. I just received a ship notice email.