Barbie® Pink, With a Pantone Twist!

Finally — Barbie® doll pays homage to Pantone color #219C, aka Barbie PINK! 

Fresh in concept from innovative designer Linda Kyaw, Pink In PANTONE® Barbie® Doll takes fashion design to new heights by infusing cutting-edge style with sly references to the Pantone brand. “My appreciation for the Pantone color chart system started when I was in high school,” Kyaw recalls, “when fashion became an integral part of my life.”

Pantone is renowned among designers for identifying all the myriad shades of the rainbow, and Kyaw lets Barbie Pink dictate the Pink in PANTONE Barbie design. A whirl of Pantone color tags swirl around Barbie doll to create the asymmetrical skirt leading up to the faux-leather bodice. Each tag is labeled for Barbie®’s signature color — 219C — that bright and unforgettable shade of pink!

“Pink, being one of the most important elements of the Barbie brand, has been used in almost every imaginable way. The challenge was to interpret the shade with an unexpected twist, and since Pantone is to color what I believe Barbie is to fashion, combining the best of both was the first step.”

Stylish and spectacular, Pink in PANTONE  is an artistic achievement for the young designer — a modern work that revels in fabulous details like white nail polish and silver and black bracelets. Kyaw’s favorite touches include Barbie doll’s striking platinum hair and the 219C stamp on her ivory stilettos. She adds, “Those fabulous heels are the next best thing to the sweeping strands of color-coded chips shirred into her beautiful dress!”

Beauty is something Kyaw is very passionate about — she’s designed some of the loveliest Barbie dolls in the collector line. “Essentially, I wanted to create something vibrant that resonated with the Barbie brand philosophy: Originality, point of view and beauty.”

Her enthusiasm for Pink in PANTONE is evident as she raves, “This project was so exciting to work on, and I’m thrilled with the outcome — Barbie looks amazing in Pantone!”

Celebrate 219C/Barbie Pink when you add the sensational new Pink in PANTONE Barbie doll to your collection! She’s just a click away at the Barbie Collector online store!

Finally — Barbie® doll pays homage to Pantone color #219C, aka Barbie PINK! 

Fresh in concept from innovative designer Linda Kyaw, Pink In PANTONE® Barbie® Doll takes fashion design to new heights by infusing cutting-edge style with sly references to the Pantone brand. “My appreciation for the Pantone color chart system started when I was in high school,” Kyaw recalls, “when fashion became an integral part of my life.”

Pantone is renowned among designers for identifying all the myriad shades of the rainbow, and Kyaw lets Barbie Pink dictate the Pink in PANTONE Barbie design. A whirl of Pantone color tags swirl around Barbie doll to create the asymmetrical skirt leading up to the faux-leather bodice. Each tag is labeled for Barbie®’s signature color — 219C — that bright and unforgettable shade of pink!

“Pink, being one of the most important elements of the Barbie brand, has been used in almost every imaginable way. The challenge was to interpret the shade with an unexpected twist, and since Pantone is to color what I believe Barbie is to fashion, combining the best of both was the first step.”

Stylish and spectacular, Pink in PANTONE  is an artistic achievement for the young designer — a modern work that revels in fabulous details like white nail polish and silver and black bracelets. Kyaw’s favorite touches include Barbie doll’s striking platinum hair and the 219C stamp on her ivory stilettos. She adds, “Those fabulous heels are the next best thing to the sweeping strands of color-coded chips shirred into her beautiful dress!”

Beauty is something Kyaw is very passionate about — she’s designed some of the loveliest Barbie dolls in the collector line. “Essentially, I wanted to create something vibrant that resonated with the Barbie brand philosophy: Originality, point of view and beauty.”

Her enthusiasm for Pink in PANTONE is evident as she raves, “This project was so exciting to work on, and I’m thrilled with the outcome — Barbie looks amazing in Pantone!”

Celebrate 219C/Barbie Pink when you add the sensational new Pink in PANTONE Barbie doll to your collection! She’s just a click away at the Barbie Collector online store!

UPDATE: It's official, PANTONE 17-1463 "Tangerine Tango" is the 2012 Color of the Year! Read all about this "dramatic and seductive" color at Pantone.com.

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.