Barbie’s® Dream House (1962 Reproduction) Is Ready for More Visitors!

Barbie® debuted in 1959, but she didn’t move into her first Dream House until three years later, in 1962. And now, for the first time ever, Barbie® Signature has created a swell new reproduction of Barbie® Dream House®!

“It was a challenging project – we’ve never produced a vintage structure before,” reveals Barbie® Signature Principal Designer Bill Greening. “Let alone one made mostly of cardboard. I learned a lot about the quality of cardboard on this one!”

To create a vintage reproduction of any kind, Bill explains, they assemble a team to look at archive items and determine how to approach the project. “Luckily we had our packaging team and some help from the games and puzzles team to pull it off,” Bill says.

They were only able to find one sample in their archives with the furniture still unassembled, but that was enough. They scanned the “sheets” with the furniture and sent them out for development. “We wanted to make sure the assembly of the furniture was all part of the fun, like the original,” Bill says. “I love the hi-fi/TV combo. It’s the 60s version of the entertainment center. I love the how the lid opens up and reveals a printed record player. I also love the flat cardboard printed pillows.”

The reproduction of Barbie® Dream House® comes with an instruction booklet, and it also comes with a vintage repro doll and fashion, too! “It’s a vintage blonde ponytail Barbie, wearing a floral PAK sheath dress collectors know as ‘On the Go’ from that original Dream House era,” Bill notes. That makes the reproduction of the Dream House even more special, since the doll was sold separately back in the 1960s.

With a plastic doll stand and hangers included too, this is a creation you can’t pass up. Let Barbie® welcome you to her 1962 Dream House, all over again! Get Barbie® Dream House® right now in the online shop.

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.