Ready to celebrate Mother’s Day? Find the perfect picks for every fan’s collection. Shop Now

Best in Black™ Barbie® Doll Kicks Off the 2020 BFMC®!

By Allen Voivod

It may still be 2019 on the calendar, but at Barbie® Signature, it's time to start revealing dolls from next year's line! And what better way to get things going than with Best in Black™ Barbie® Doll, the first entry in the 2020 Barbie® Fashion Model Collection.

Glamour, sophistication, timeless elegance – that's what the BFMC® is all about! For 20 years, Designer Robert Best has been adding a contemporary twist to the classic elements of a well-dressed woman's wardrobe. With a style icon like Barbie® as his muse for the past two decades, this haute couture collection can stand next to the work of any real-world fashion collection!

Barbie® is ready for any occasion – and in this case, the debut design for the 20th anniversary of the series! – in her jet-black mini dress with stylish leg-of-mutton sleeves. Sheer, black calf-high stockings and Mary-Jane-inspired heels complement her fresh, fashion-forward look.

Our Gold Label® Best in Black™ Barbie® Doll is the first of four dolls coming from Robert's atelier this year. She'll arrive in specially designed packaging (featuring a doll sketch by Robert!) if you'd like to display her in the box. If you're the de-boxing kind, you'll find a doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity inside. And of course, she also features the posable Silkstone® doll body, for endless posing possibilities.

Now that you've got the details, you've gotta get this doll! She's available in the online shop starting 11/20 for Platinum Status members, 11/22 for Gold Status members, and 11/25 for everyone else. Don't forget, this is also the final year for the Barbie® Fashion Model Collection. That's one more very compelling reason to add her to your collection as soon as possible!

Edited by BarbieSignatureAdmin

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just received my “Best in Black”. No detailing whatsoever.  Undergarment is clear plastic wrap...why?  It is as if they didn’t take the wrapping off of a new doll and then put a crispy “fabric? Plain dress.  I’m losing hope

I have a wonderful collection of Vintage and Silkstone but this doll looks unbelievably boring and bad.

Yes, I understand why it's been created and how it might be useful, but for my money it's a pass.