Gold Dust Woman: Barbie Music Series Stevie Nicks Doll

By Mattel Creations Staff

How do we celebrate one of the most prolific and iconic women in music? We design a Barbie doll in her image to honor her inspiring career. Introducing the Barbie Music Series Stevie Nicks Doll. 

“I love to pay tribute to legendary female musicians though our Barbie dolls,” said Lead Designer Bill Greening. “I was thrilled when I found out she agreed to partner with us on a doll.”

In the mid-1970s, Stevie Nicks achieved worldwide success with Fleetwood Mac before beginning a critically acclaimed, chart-topping solo career that is still going today. Her songwriting style and unique voice have paved the way for numerous singer-songwriters to spread their wings – “just like the white winged dove.”

Stevie Nicks helped Fleetwood Mac become one of the best-selling music acts of all time with over 120 million records sold worldwide. Rumours, the band's second album with Nicks, became one of the most successful albums in the world being certified 20x Platinum in the US.

“I have seen Fleetwood Mac in concert with all five original members,” gushed Greening. “It was a once in a lifetime experience to see them all together. I often play Rumours on my turntable at home. It’s one of my favorite albums of all time.”

In the 1980s, Stevie Nicks began her solo career, releasing the studio album Bella Donna, which topped the Billboard 200 and has reached multiplatinum status. Throughout her amazing career, she released seven albums with Fleetwood Mac and eight solo albums, selling a certified total of 65 million copies in the US alone.

“I also love Stevie’s solo work,” continued Greening. “’Stand Back’ is such an amazing song I have loved since the first time I heard it in my early teens.”

As far as accolades, Stevie Nicks is the first woman to have been inducted twice into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: first as a member of Fleetwood Mac in 1998 and then as a solo artist in 2019.

Rolling Stone named Stevie Nicks the "Reigning Queen of Rock and Roll," one of the 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time, and one of the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time. Her Fleetwood Mac songs "Landslide", "Rhiannon", and "Dreams” together with her solo hit "Edge of Seventeen", have all been included in Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

The Barbie Music Series Stevie Nicks Doll wears a beguiling black dress inspired by the legendary Rumours album cover and features a velvety wrap bodice with a layered skirt that drapes and swirls like smoke. The doll even has her signature platform boots and iconic ribboned tambourine from her stage performances.

Stevie Nicks actually loaned us her actual dress and boots for us to copy for the doll,” said Greening. “Stevie also shared the moon pendant necklace was very important detail to include.”

Could contain: Adult, Female, Person, Woman, Figurine, Fashion, Cape, Face, Shoe, Coat

Stevie Nicks licensed by SN Entertainment, LLC

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I picked her up but for price honestly thought would be more elaborate, maybe include her iconic hat or dress added lace and look a little more like her but hopefully feel better when get her

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Try ordering from Target. I got mines from Target last night, after seeing Beyonce! 

I was offended by the price and design of the doll. Plus it’s only a Black label. I went ahead and purchased it. We will only get one Stevie Nicks!!!! 

• Like 2

I could pre-order this doll on the Target app 24 hours after release. November is the anticipated arrival date. The pre-orders sold out 2 hours after placing my order, so expect resellers to gouge your eyes on eBay.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

I did buy 1 last night. But was really bummed it doesn't look like her. Honestly, what is the point. If she lent her clothing to Mattel for the doll's detailed design, why not take the time to make her face look like her? Lost opportunity for a real special doll.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 10/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, Donna Watson said:

Came out in the middle of the night in the UK, so totally missed it. Why were you able to buy 10! Real collectors got shafted yet again 

It was even middle-of-the-night for us on the east coast of the US.  The resellers are already having a field day with them...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I received mine today!  I love her!  I don't get all the complaints but to each his own...........I think it looks like her when she was younger.   Maybe it's the hair people don't like.............but I really love the doll so glad I got one!!!

• Like 5

I am missing so many dolls because of the new way of doing things.  I think it should be limited to 2 per MEMBER.  It infuriates me and almost makes me ill to see the people buy them, disassemble them and sell them in pieces.  I have been a serious collector for many years and now if I get the Barbie I wait for it's almost a miracle.  This makes me sad and depressed.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I am really disappointed that the quantity is not limited to 1 or 2 dolls. So many real doll collectors missed out. Many can’t afford the inflated prices from the resellers. Real shame,

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

I hope that there is more available missed out as I thought you could buy it once out in November. I need one for Christmas hope I don't have to over pay to get one.

• Like 1