Pink Collection Doll 3 Arrives in Time for Barbie Doll's Birthday!

By Allen Voivod

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BARBIE! From a teenage fashion model to a global cultural icon, Barbie doll's journey has been nothing short of spectacular, superlative, and stylistically stunning.

Today, we celebrate the completion of her 63rd year as a superstar, influencer, and change agent. And we're overjoyed to bring you the latest creation by a designer who'll be forever linked with Barbie – Robert Best. His current vision, The Pink Collection, arrives at the intersection of classic glamour and on-trend fashion, with bold gowns designed to take your breath away. Barbie Signature: The Pink Collection Doll 3 debuts today, just in time for the auspicious occasion of Barbie doll's anniversary.

BS_Blog_Image01_HCB74_PinkColl3.thumb.jpg.f21ca2358707be4c23278f988732e5e0.jpg

Robert, the Senior Director for Barbie Design, made his name in the fashion world designing for the likes of Donna Karan and Isaac Mizrahi. But it wasn't until he joined Mattel that he found his true muse – Barbie. After an astounding 20-year run with the Barbie Fashion Model Collection, Barbie fans around the world wondered how he could follow up that beloved series. He's done so with a new set of dolls that recalls the fabulous over-the-top glam of Barbie evening gowns in the early days of her "modern" era, enhanced by Robert's keen eye for current couture.

"This shade of pink has an almost bubblegum quality, which feels more light-hearted and fun and that feels like a good mood for right now," Robert says about Barbie doll's radiant, red carpet-ready look in pink chiffon. Her gorgeous gown features a modern, elegant silhouette with a full, flouncy skirt and ruffle details at the neck, sleeves, and waist.

BS_Blog_Image02_HCB74_PinkColl3.thumb.jpg.9ffdf2ea6b6faf510422fd2f1f6d313d.jpg

We noted that Robert has been experimenting not only with different shades of pink for the styles in the series, but also with different fabrics. Pink Collection Doll 1 featured tulle as the fabric of choice, and Pink Collection Doll 2 stepped out in satin. Now, Pink Collection Doll 3 charms us with a chiffon gown. Is Robert specifically using fabric choices to differentiate the dolls and their fashion designs? Yes! "Variety is the spice of life and for me that applies to fashion and style choices," Robert reveals. "Different fabrics convey different moods and associations."

As for his design process, he says, "I usually start with the fabric selection when I'm doing a sketch, and even if I haven’t picked the exact fabric, I might have one in mind. Chiffon has a very specific airy quality and also drapes beautifully. Mostly I want each doll to feel unique, even if they are in the same series."

Another way Robert sets the dolls apart is with their hair, makeup, and jewelry. For his new Pink Collection design, he gives Barbie doll flowing curls, styled in a chic top-knot hairstyle. That 'do also does double duty, framing the reveal of silvery, rhinestone drop earrings. "The earrings designed for this doll were a way to draw attention to the lovely face and collar," Robert explains. "They're not necessarily related to other jewelry designs within this series – other than the fact that I personally love jewelry and think everything is better with a little sparkle!"

As for her shoes, they're not visible unless you lift the hem of the gown, but what Barbie doll would be complete without a pair of to-die-for heels? In this case, strappy high heels with ruffle details complete her stunning look. But even Barbie doll's feet get tired from time to time, so if you debox her, you can use the included doll stand to display her at her bubblegum-chic best.

Speaking of the box, too, it's a beautiful gameboard packaging execution that's made to complement the doll boxes of the first two in the series, using a magnetic closure with pink bow, champagne lettering, and a pearlized backdrop. "It’s really about designing around the doll to make her look her best, and approaching the project as a luxury item," says Key Lead Packaging Designer Vicky Gevorkyan.

Created for our exclusive Silkstone Model Muse doll body, Barbie Signature: The Pink Collection Doll 3 deserves a bright spot in your doll display! Treat yourself on the special occasion of Barbie doll's birthday, and build your collection of this latest Barbie series from Robert Best – one that will be studied and celebrated for decades to come.

• Like 2

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

😞 Disappointed with my 3rd Pink collection Barbie. She looks nothing like the picture shown, that being said I know it said colors differs but omg she looks like she over did it with the fake tanning and the one I received look like to me like she has a dent on her forehead but she doesn’t it has a clean round gel I guess as well as on the side of her nose they didn’t do a good job in cleaning her up after they made her. Jst saying.🤭

She is prettier than I thought she would be..........I was more disappointed with #2.  I thought she didn't look much like her advertised picture.  I think #1 is still my favorite, but I know a lot of people didn't like her that much.

Hi danaguy71 I guess you got the actual doll that was advertised but unfortunately I didn’t the one I received looked like she got a really bad tan. I sent a picture of the doll to my sister and her comment was the same as mine so I’ve made the decision to return her and get a refund. 😞

I finally got my refund for The # 3 Pink Doll!!! 
But very disappointed to know that they released the Queen Elizabeth II and not be informed, what is the point of paying for membership if their not going to let you know. OMG I can’t stay looking at my phone all day everyday for the new  release doll!!!!  🥺
I’m not going to bother anymore it’s not worth it and I hope they don’t automatically renew your membership because it’s not worth it.🤐

Yes, she is terrible tanned Barbie.... Gosh I missed the return window...

You guys, who are much better than me, please help me out: the first Pink doll has the same issue?