2023 Car Culture Mixes: Curated Sets of Automotive Genius

By Allen Voivod

Since 2016, the premium Car Culture series has delivered more than 200 amazing vehicles, from around the world and across the decades. With authentic decos, refined details, and full die-cast construction, these creations are avidly sought by collectors.

For 2023, the chase continues – figuratively and literally. Each of the eight mixes will include five castings as usual and will also feature a special sixth entry – a variation that will be harder to find than the others. To help with your hunt, we’re putting info on all the mixes in one spot for you.

Mix 1: Speed Machines

Forty years ago, we gave the name “Speed Machines” to an assortment of cars and brought it back in 2010. According to designer Steve “HWC Van” Vandervate, some of those cars became highly desired collectibles, which inspired the choices for this new mix. The Pagani Zonda R and the Porsche 911 GT3 appear here with a die-cast chassis for the first time. We also reinvented the “Co-Mold 6” wheels used on that 2010 assortment – they’ve been transformed into the new six-spoke “2-Piece Premium” wheels that appear on all these castings.

Speed Machines: Car Culture Mix 1 Checklist

• Ford GT – Enamel pearlescent white
  • Lamborghini Veneno – Enamel red
  • McLaren 720S – Chrome orange
  • Pagani Zonda R* – Enamel liquid silver
  • Porsche 911 GT3 – Process blue (front); black (rear)
  • Porsche 911 GT3 (chase variant) – Enamel black

*New die-cast chassis

Mixes 2-8: Details Coming Soon

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Machine, Wheel, Alloy Wheel, Car Wheel, Spoke, Tire

©2023 Mattel. All Trademarks not owned by Mattel are the property of their respective owners, and are used with permission. Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Mattel, Inc. 

The “Lamborghini” and “Lamborghini Bull and Shield” trademarks, copyrights, designs and models are used under license from Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A, Italy.

Manufactured under license from McLaren Automotive Limited. The McLaren name and logo are registered trademarks of McLaren.

The trademarks PAGANI and Pagani Automobili and Zonda are registered trademarks and used under license from HORACIO PAGANI S.P.A., Italy.

Porsche, the Porsche shield and the distinctive design of Porsche cars are trademarks and trade dress of Porsche AG.  Permission granted.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Purchased the Mclaren, extremely disappointing that they have plastic wheels. Wont be buying any of the others. Its no different to the base range which I have in black 1  and 

Paid 4 times the amount for this. How do you call these premium when clearly they aren't. So why are they still the same price as if they had the real riders? HUGE RIP OFF!!!! Is this what we should expect in future? If that's the case don't charge the premium price for them.

:classic_angry::classic_sad::classic_angry:

• Like 3

I definitely think you guys should give the RLC members a chance to get these straight through you. All of the resellers are waiting for the trucks to deliver before anyone else can get a chance to our hands on them in stores.

• Like 4

On 4/9/2023 at 10:30 PM, Sketch918 said:

I definitely think you guys should give the RLC members a chance to get these straight through you. All of the resellers are waiting for the trucks to deliver before anyone else can get a chance to our hands on them in stores.

Yeah, the employees at my local Walmart haven’t let a box of car culture make it to the shelf since like June of 2022, 2 boxes Mountain Drifters, and like 1 box of Jay Lenos garage. Now the only premiums left are a bunch of aero sculpts and the Jurassic park unimogs, plus the thanos heli and dead pool scooter

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 5:29 PM, aria427 said:

Why platic tires? Such a letdown. Hope this is not a trend that continues.

It’s a homage to the original speed machines. But I agree, sort of a let down.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2023 at 8:06 AM, Pisani said:

Purchased the Mclaren, extremely disappointing that they have plastic wheels. Wont be buying any of the others. Its no different to the base range which I have in black 1  and 

Paid 4 times the amount for this. How do you call these premium when clearly they aren't. So why are they still the same price as if they had the real riders? HUGE RIP OFF!!!! Is this what we should expect in future? If that's the case don't charge the premium price for them.

:classic_angry::classic_sad::classic_angry:

It’s a homage to the original speed machines which also had plastic wheels

• Like 2

Wow I really hope I can find this set!! I've never seen any speed machines in store though so I doubt it.  My wife loves all things porsche lol. I'd definitely get some love for that chase.. 

• Like 1

FYI, for everyone who bought it and saw the wheels, it is a homage to the series called that. They had plastic wheels bc the original ones did. Hey, metal base and detail make up the premiums, so don’t be to disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I work at Dollar Tree, been getting all the 2022, 2023 hot wheels lately. I got all of the five here for just 1.25 each. 

Also Safeway grocery store has been getting a lot of Hot Wheels also. My 5 yr old grandson is gonna have the dopest Hot Wheels collection when he's 18....

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Grandma wheels said:

I work at Dollar Tree, been getting all the 2022, 2023 hot wheels lately. I got all of the five here for just 1.25 each. 

Also Safeway grocery store has been getting a lot of Hot Wheels also. My 5 yr old grandson is gonna have the dopest Hot Wheels collection when he's 18....

Can you let us know which Dollar Tree we should visit and support. Lol 

• Like 1

I've consistently seen this set (cars 1-5) in Target for the last few weeks.  I was able to get the whole set easily when it first came out with overpaying 3rd party sellers.

• Like 1