Blue Chip Beast: RLC Exclusive 2006 BMW M3

The BMW M series is a proven performance line that's certainly well-known among the ranks of car enthusiasts. It's steeped in a rich racing tradition; as a brand, its racing prowess has a proven track record. 

The acclaimed 2006 BMW M3 is one of the more sought-after BMWs of the modern era due to its racing success. There's no denying it! And, like many blue-chip athletes, this sport sedan comes highly coveted at the 1:1 and 1:64 levels. 

This is the sophomore release for the Hot Wheels 2006 BMW M3 with opening hood. It may be cool to look at thanks to its hue, but this release gives the first release in Spectraflame Yellow a run for its money too. Just like that release, which was painted with the Spectraflame color closest to BMW’s Phoenix Yellow, the design team dug deep within the Spectraflame color chart to find a paint choice worthy of the iconic BMW Estoril Blue. The winning choice? Spectraflame Otto Blue — which has also been a collector favorite for years.

BMW’s Estoril Blue was named after the legendary Autodromo do Estoril racetrack in Portugal. Spectraflame Otto Blue – the Hot Wheels color chosen as a nod to Estoril Blue -- also honors a legend. Named after the original Hot Wheels packaging artist, Otto Kuhni, the color has been in the RLC lineup since 2008, when it debuted on Otto’s famed “Custom Otto” casting for the Hot Wheels 40th Anniversary.

Let this “blue chip beast” loose in your collection and pop open that hood to put that 3.2L 6-cylinder engine on full display. Next, you’ll find your eyes moving from those matte gray 6-spoke mag Real Riders on the exterior to the matching matte gray interior. This 2006 BMW M3 beckons, and you’ll find yourself staring at the amazing details. Want to keep it packaged? Well, we’ve propped the hood up so you can still see inside! This car is so sweet, even the worst driver would look good inside.

HWC_Article_ImageSet_GXJ28_06BMWM3.thumb.jpg.82c00d5cdab2fb0e21e76ae6d3bc884f.jpg

Packaging:  

• RLC blister in Kar Keepers clamshell case
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/30,000)

Availability: 

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 1/18/22 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits: 

• Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, JESSE559 said:

I totally love the car and color. My only complaint is, i wish Mattel would focus on putting more chrome wheels out there... i like my wheels to shine! 

I came to the comments section hoping to see this.  Huge swing and a miss on this crappy colored and obviously plastic wheel.  Don't care if they tried to match the underwhelming interior.  The purple rlc R34 has the goods. That being said in all in.  It's gorgeous. 

• Like 1

I hope I am able to get my paws onto at least 1 of these infact that's all I want is 1 piece that comes out every now and then not every single one just the ones I feel I need in his collection! ? 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:34 AM, JustL1ss said:

I can only buy 2021 rlc membership. Is it this one or not? Because I want to buy this one so badly 

just get the 2021 membership. The membership starts with the day of purchase and you are going to be a member unil January 2023

13 hours ago, McLarensRule said:

I just realized… WHAT KIND OF A NAME IS BLUE CHIP BEAST???

I don't think it makes sense to anyone, I just gave up on trying to figure it out.

Edited by Stochastic Wolf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1