Embrace the Dark Side With the RLC Exclusive Custom ’72 Datsun 240Z

By Mattel Creations Staff

Hot Wheels has a storied history with the 240Z. For this RLC exclusive, we embraced our dark side and created a sleek Brock Racing Enterprises (BRE) custom ’72 Datsun 240Z. This new take on a true Hot Wheels classic is sure to bring fans into the darkness.

“We’ve had Datsun Zs in Hot Wheels for decades,” said Designer Steven Vandervate. “Our relationship with BRE started in 2011 with a Premium Datsun 510 and has since been used several times, on at least four different Datsun/Nissan castings.”

Featuring an opening engine hood and fender flares, this die-cast is anything but stock. The Spectraflame Shadowchrome and matte black paint scheme gives it a shadowy profile, while the BRE livery, double-zero racking numbers, and classic logos confirm this racer’s winning pedigree.

“The 00, along with the chrome and matte black colorway, communicates that this is a contemporary reimagining of the familiar nostalgic brand and livery,” said Vandervate. “The XOXO plate is a kiss goodbye to the competition, as well as a reference to the door numbers.”

Could contain: Machine, Wheel, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Spoke, Tire, Vehicle, Coupe, Sports Car

Could contain: Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Machine, Spoke, Tire, Vehicle, Wheel, Coupe, Sports Car

SPECS:

• Features: Opening hood
  • Body Color: Spectraflame Shadowchrome
  • Body Type: ZAMAC 
  • Graphics: BRE livery with stripes, “00” racing number on sides, authentic logos 
  • Wheels: Real Riders 5-spoke modern wheels with matte black painted hubs and red axle head 
  • Base: Full-metal, matte black painted chassis and engine with painted details
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted 
  • Interior Color: Black with painted details and red roll bar

PACKAGING:

• Packaged in an acrylic case with a sturdy, decorative outer box

AVAILABILITY:

• RLC members only: 4/18/2023 at 9:00 AM PT until sold out

PRICING AND PURCHASING LIMITS:

• Priced at $30.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We offer international shipping – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit FIVE (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email. 

Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or other intellectual property rights are used under license. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Some of last years drops were questionable - yes I'm looking at the Sean Wotherspoon thing...
But so far, this year has been great! 

Who ever did the design on this needs a raise, unquestionably stand out, and beautiful - would be a cherry if it was limited too

11 hours ago, jadisfan said:

How do we find out production numbers on this and future cars? They used to be listed in the cars description on the site. Just curious, thanks. 

If the production numbers are available, they include them with the article

• Like 1

If I want one of these I’ll just buy it off eBay, I’m not gonna bother with an RLC membership if people can’t even get cars because of a bunch of bots. What’s the point in paying for a subscription if I won’t even be able to get anything?

9 minutes ago, NewCollector said:

If I want one of these I’ll just buy it off eBay, I’m not gonna bother with an RLC membership if people can’t even get cars because of a bunch of bots. What’s the point in paying for a subscription if I won’t even be able to get anything?

The bots won't be an issue for this sale.  They are only a problem with specific offerings only such as the pink skyline.

You should be able to get one of these without an issue.

Never had an issue getting an RLC till this past one with the skyline. Hope everything got figured out and the bugs in the checkout are fixed. Would be disappointed if I got sent back to an empty cart again after only waiting from noon to 12:03 in line the pay. Then over and over again after.

16 hours ago, Matthew Kirby said:

The bots won't be an issue for this sale.  They are only a problem with specific offerings only such as the pink skyline.

You should be able to get one of these without an issue.

I somehow doubt that.

On 4/14/2023 at 12:08 PM, VERA LYNN said:

Awesome can’t wait for next Tuesday, SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY!!!

SO A LOT OF US HAD THE ISSUE WITH LAST WEEKS SALE! WHEN WILL MATTEL DO SOMETHING FOR THOSE OF US THAT WERE STRAIGHT UP SCREWED OUT OF THAT CAR? I MEAN HONESTLY, I TRULY HAVE LOST COUNT AS TO HOW MANY CARS I HAVE NOT GOT DUE TO BUGS OR WHATEVER  ISSUES WITH THE WEB SITE. I MEAN, ITS Mattel! ONE WOULD THINK THAT A COMPANY LIKE THEM COULD AFFORD THE PROPER PEOPLE/COMPANY THAT COULD PRODUCE A  QUALITY WEB SITE WHERE THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY ISSUES???????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1