Ready to celebrate Mother’s Day? Find the perfect picks for every fan’s collection. Shop Now

Farewell to a Friend: HGW15 Honda S2000

By MattelCreationsStaff

On March 23, 2021, we lost one of the guiding lights of the Hot Wheels design team. Ryu Asada was infectiously positive, genuinely kind, and lit up every room he entered. His creations for Hot Wheels collectors are some of the finest we’ve ever cast, and he inspires us to this very day.

His bright and loving soul was represented in his beloved bright yellow Honda S2000 that he drove almost every day. In his honor, we designed an homage to him in 1:64 scale for fans of Ryu Asada and Hot Wheels.

The Spectraflame yellow paint scheme, detailed head and tail lamps, and special license plate would make Ryu smile. This car is the ultimate celebration of how his immense talent inspired us to always find the fun in our designs.

Through this car and the specially designed package, Ryu Asada’s memory will live forever.

HWC_Blog_ImageSet_HGW15_HondaS2000_RA.thumb.jpg.d17a2bc12cf79f8c65833ca821a06580.jpg

Packaging:

• Packaged on an RLC blister card with and illustration of Ryu in memory of him, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/30,000)

Availability:

• RLC members only: 5/24/22 at 9:00 a.m. PT until sold out

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit five (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

55 minutes ago, FiveseveN said:

Wait......5- spoke wheels? My math gets me to a different#.

Your right.

Oh my gosh! Mattel can't count. It's not 5 (shop cart article) it's a 10 spoke wheel.

What is wrong with these people? 🤣

Specs:

• Spectraflame yellow paint scheme
  • Detailed head and tail lamps
  • Real Riders 5-spoke wheels
  • ZAMAC body type
  • Full metal chassis
  • Authentic logos 

image.png.e00be67d85c6ef1912bd4272ac6aefd4.png

Edited by AJF
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Austinx3 said:

Well which is it? The sale page says 25k while this says 30k

Numbers can change at the last moment. Like it has before Especially the Gulf Datsun 510. Went from Numbers then the last moment pulled the Numbers. That was "FANTASTIC" what they did to the Gulf Datsun 👍. Now the Numbers on the Gulf Datsun will alway's be a Mystery. Hopefully they don't do it to this Sale. Especially when it's Honored for some one. 

"REST IN PEACE"                  Ryu Asada

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, AJF said:

Your right.

Oh my gosh! Mattel can't count. It's not 5 (shop cart article) it's a 10 spoke wheel.

Specs:

• ZAMAC body type
  • Full metal chassis
  • Authentic logos 

First 25,000 will have 10 spoke, the last 5,000 will have 5 spoke...................🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, TurboTony said:

Awesome casting; would love to know the story of the license plate.

HWC_Blog_ImageSet_HGW15_HondaS2000_RA.thumb.jpg.d17a2bc12cf79f8c65833ca821a06580.jpg

I think it's his plate number he had on his car

• Like 2

Hopefully the rear end decals come more in place that what's pictured... Cool car either way. Just looks a little slapped together with the decals so poorly placed.

• Like 1

I already own this casting, I don´t think I need another one. But this time it´s different. this is a tribute.

I´m a blister opener. Never leave my cars in the package, again, this will be an exception, this car will remain in my collection unopened. 

Rest in peace Ryu

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ngovinhtruonggmail.com said:

entonces 25000 autos o 30000 autos?

Thanks you mattel maravilloso Asada un excelente tributo un auto imperdible para la colección 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 1:09 PM, AJF said:

Your right.

Specs:

• ZAMAC body type
  • Full metal chassis
  • Authentic logos 

It’s everywhere nobody pays attention !!!!

296D392B-1F37-4628-82DA-D4C1437E2EBC.jpeg

• Haha 1