Ready to celebrate Mother’s Day? Find the perfect picks for every fan’s collection. Shop Now

FEEL THE RUSH OF THE RLC EXCLUSIVE 2022 COLLECTORS NATIONALS BLOWN DELIVERY

By Gary Barnum

When we showed Phil Riehlman’s concept hot rod truck in an interview here on the site, it didn’t even have a name. The image was so explosive that Hot Wheels fans were blown away. Not long after, the Blown Delivery was produced. After several editions, it took a hiatus in 2017. Now you can feel its vibrant return commemorating the 22nd annual Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals. 

For almost 20 years, Hot Wheels has produced an RLC Exclusive edition in pink of one of our most popular castings to honor our most dedicated fans. These are released two times a year: once at the Collectors Nationals in the Spring, and once at the Convention in the Fall. We know not all of our RLC members can make it to the shows, so we do our best to make these special collectibles available to you right here. 

This edition of the Blown Delivery has clean, pure pink deco with white fenders. It features Real Riders 5-spoke wheels with red stripe tampo. Being a delivery truck, you can imagine whatever you want inside: donuts, bubble gum… You’ll just want to make sure to order one so it gets delivered to you. 

HWC_Article_ImageSet_HGK65_BlownDelivery.thumb.jpg.6f3db96f729b654b3dc9ed4c165c35bf.jpg

SPECS: 

• Body Color: Spectraflame pink 
  • Deco: Gloss white fenders, silver VUM engine 
  • Body Type: ZAMAC 
  • Wheels: Real Riders 5-spoke mag wheels with red stripe tampo 
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis 
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted 
  • Interior Color: White 

PACKAGING 

• Packaged on an illustrated RLC blister card, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case 

AVAILABILITY 

• RLC members only: 6/14/22 at 9:00 a.m. PT until sold out 

PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS 

• Priced at $28.00 each plus shipping and processing; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes) 
  • We do offer international shipping — please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change) 
  • Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit FIVE (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion) 
  • Refunds only, no exchanges 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

without numbering according to mattel so there will be for everyone, and $28 is spent raising prices with the poor service they are providing, everything is pre-order, they take a long time to send them and when you call customer service it is terrible

Edited by GUERYGUERRERO
  • Like 6

I love hot wheels always have but…cmon Mattel this is pathetic.  No production number, a big pink box with NO different paint or ANY graphics just a big plain pink box man what a “Blown Opportunity”.  And on top of that a price increase wow…what a great day for RLC.  So the acrylic cases are $38 now yet same customer service and ordering nightmares from Mattel? Great job listening to ur members…I just don’t get GREED.  Have a blessed day everyone! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

By looking at the exhaust this appears to be a V10?

Does the rest of the engine fall in line with that? It appears so but I wouldn't want to receive a model that's a V8 with 10 exhaust pipes.

• Haha 2

If I were to collect the fantasy, “non-licensed” pieces I’d have been into this and Bone Shakers.  It’s not for me but to each their own.  I think it looks nice being clean and simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MustangPro1 said:

I love hot wheels always have but…cmon Mattel this is pathetic.  No production number, a big pink box with NO different paint or ANY graphics just a big plain pink box man what a “Blown Opportunity”.  And on top of that a price increase wow…what a great day for RLC.  So the acrylic cases are $38 now yet same customer service and ordering nightmares from Mattel? Great job listening to ur members…I just don’t get GREED.  Have a blessed day everyone! 

Its like its not even a club anymore.  

• Like 5

Its like its not even a club anymore. Its all about the money now. No more low production numbered cars. Id rather have a chance at something rare & low production and not get it than "everybody" gets one. Guess the complainers finally got their way, Mattel is getting richer with massive amounts of cars (30k made in most cases now) being made. Glad I got 2 candy stripers back in 2014 when they only made 4000 cars.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MustangPro1 said:

What's Pathetic because it's not Numbered. Look what Happened to the Gulf '71 Datsun 510 Bluebird. It was numbered until Mattel pulled the numbers at the last moment. It Sold Out in 10 minutes.That one we will never know the actual production run on it. The Pink '66 Nova Gasser, I don't think that one wasn't numbered & it Sold Out quickly. This Blown Delivery probably Very Limited & it will sell out quickly. There's alot of Hot Wheel Collector's that like to Collect Pink Hot Wheels. I happen to be a Hot Wheel Collector that doesn't like Pink Hot Wheel's. I know that the Old S'cool Pink Redline's bring in alot of $$$$. Put your on Custom Deco's on the Blown Delivery. Maybe that's why Mattel left it plain so you can put your own Deco's on it. Blown Opportunity for Mattel. I don't think so. There going to make money no matter what if it's not numbered or it doesn't have Deco's. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm not going to buy it. I rather buy the Black Chevy Pickup Truck that's if I can get one, if not so what. There's Million's other Hot Wheel's out there, so I'm not to worried about it. 

"LONG LIVE HOT WHEEL'S" 👍🤙

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, XXXSTARXXX said:

Its like its not even a club anymore. Its all about the money now. No more low production numbered cars. Id rather have a chance at something rare & low production and not get it than "everybody" gets one. Guess the complainers finally got their way, Mattel is getting richer with massive amounts of cars (30k made in most cases now) being made. Glad I got 2 candy stripers back in 2014 when they only made 4000 cars.

Just because it's not numbered doesn't mean Mass Production. It could be less Production. If it sells out less than 10 minutes than it was a Very low Production run on it. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, XXXSTARXXX said:

you wouldn't even get one CS now, If you wanted to try for a low number, the camo mercedes was available,  well briefly. so their was your chance at a low number a big goose egg.  The 20k and 30k is so members can get one also, not just the resellers.  I hate to break it to you, but its always been about money. Mattel is a company and companies want to make money, or they wouldn't be in business anymore. By the way, your low comment since 01 shows how you really care for a club. doesn't look like you're ever been part of a club. just clicking and buying a car doesn't seem like you were part of it anyway. You are as much a part as a reseller, no participation except to complain how you can't get your toy car. I'm done wasting my time typing anymore.🤨😑

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, XXXSTARXXX said:

Sounds like you're the one that's Complaining. Been there, seen it & done it. I couldn't Careless if there Numbered or not Numbered. If it's a Cool Casting that catches my Eye, then I'm going to try to purchase it. I'm just Cruising through the RLC Club with the Old S'cool Redline Street Rodder. I'm just going with it. There's couple more Drop Sale's for me. If it Happen's Great, if doesn't Happen, Big Deal. There's plenty Old S'cool Hot Wheel's out there for me to Purchase👍

• Like 2

Good luck 👍🤖💰🤖💰🤖💰👹❤️👿👹🤖🤖🥲💦💧💦💧💦💧💦😵💫🫲☝️👊👍👹💰❤️🤣😂🥲🥲🤖👿👿👿👹💰💰❤️❤️👹😐👿😐😶👌

15 minutes ago, VERA LYNN said:

👍💰🤙

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rockies76 said:

Just because it's not numbered doesn't mean Mass Production. It could be less Production. If it sells out less than 10 minutes than it was a Very low Production run on it. 

This is indeed true.  It’s a crapshoot really for those that are buying in hopes of rarity on non-numbered cars.  Ultimately the secondary market can reveal scarcity through high prices.  Not always. But on this particular model, which I don’t believe has a HUGE fan base, I think it will become apparent a few months to a year down the line.  

I could care less about financial gains.  I open ALL my cars and always will. I want to get as many as I can and hope everyone else can too.  I don’t want to make money off my hobby or the purity gets destroyed.  I will also not revel in the thought of having something others cannot.  If all the world had a car that I had it would never take away from what I have and love.  They’re diecast, not my wife.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 68CougarGuy said:

This is indeed true.  It’s a crapshoot really for those that are buying in hopes of rarity on non-numbered cars.  Ultimately the secondary market can reveal scarcity through high prices.  Not always. But on this particular model, which I don’t believe has a HUGE fan base, I think it will become apparent a few months to a year down the line.  

I could care less about financial gains.  I open ALL my cars and always will. I want to get as many as I can and hope everyone else can too.  I don’t want to make money off my hobby or the purity gets destroyed.  I will also not revel in the thought of having something others cannot.  If all the world had a car that I had it would never take away from what I have and love.  They’re diecast, not my wife.  

Just give it some time for certain Non Numbered Hot Wheel's. Eventually they'll go up in Value. Especially low production runs. I have a Strong Feeling this Blown Delivery is going to sell Very Quick. I'm 50/50 for Financial Gains. It depends on the Casting & yes there's times I've taken some Hot Wheel's out of the package's, what the Heck I paid for them. The one that I kept in the Package is the Spectraflame Olive Boss Hoss. That's my Club Car. The Patch matches with it. Forget the '71 or '72 Datsun Club Car. The Bad Boy Boss Hoss is my Club Car & my Ultimate Trophy. That Sale on the Boss Hoss was a Disaster, I'm Very Glad to be the owner of the Pony, I got the Pink Slip & the Key's 👍🤙

• Like 2

I love it hope to get one.  I also do not like resellers they buy and then resell them for double and tripple the price they are not true collectors. I buy and keep everyone i get. All my collection will go to my grandkids someday.Have already started two of them into collecting . Good luck to all.

]77dont like the resellers

• Like 4

8 hours ago, VERA LYNN said:

What A story!!! I cried at the robot part… 🥲

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/10/2022 at 11:09 AM, Binni said:

Can't wait, will try to get one for sure!

I've dealt with customer service at Mattel creations at least a dozen times. I have received nothing but very courteous and very helpful action. I believe the customer service is second to none. This person who is claiming they have bad customer service sounds like someone just out to pick a bone for absolutely no reason... Shame on you and people like you. 

I like it—and plenty of HW collectors love this casting. Lots of ppl seem to dismiss this as one that’s not popular. Myopic view, IMO. 

Do I wish it had a ghost HW racing logo and Neos? Absolutely. But this is still a great release. 

But…needs more Neos!😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll take every opportunity I get in getting a Blown Delivery. Once you have an open one in your hand, you'll appreciate everything about this casting. My plan is to someday have every versions of it. 

Edited by M D Legaspi
For clarity.
  • Like 3