Four Exclusive Recolors Are Pulling Into Dollar General

By Allen Voivod

We just dropped the news about the first Collector Edition car of 2024, available when you buy $20 of Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores. Get all the details on our Nissan Silvia (CSP311) mail-in promo here.  

But which Hot Wheels cars will you buy to get to that $20 level? Well, we’ve got a few ideas to get you started – four of them, in fact. We’re bringing a quartet of recolors exclusively to Dollar General locations.  

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Alloy Wheel, Machine, Spoke, Tire, Wheel, Coupe, Motorcycle

Dollar General Exclusive Color Variations: 

• ’64 Lincoln Continental  
  • '69 Ford Mustang Boss 302  
  • Honda Super Cub Custom  
  • Koenigsegg Gemera  

If you’re not familiar with recolors, here’s how they work. We’ll make a car in a certain color, and you can find it wherever Hot Wheels are sold. But from time to time, we’ll make another version of that same car, just in a different color.  

There’s usually fewer of those recolors out there to collect, and they’ll often appear at only one retailer. So take this list and get out to your participating neighborhood Dollar General store, and start collecting the cars to get you to the $20 for your mail-in Nissan Silvia (CSP311). 

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. 

Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Mattel, Inc.  

HONDA OFFICIAL LICENSED PRODUCT.  Designed, manufactured, and distributed by or for Mattel, Inc. Intellectual property of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. used under license from American Honda Motor Co., Inc.  

KOENIGSEGG, the Koenigsegg emblem, and Gemera are registered trademarks and protected by copyright laws. The trademarks and the designs are used under a license from Koenigsegg Automotive AB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Those dollar general exclusive recolor cars are all awesome.👍 I went to my local dollar general yesterday and I saw the brand new hot wheels floor display shipper still inside the box and i went and ask somebody that works there can you please open this up for me and they did i got all 4 dollar general exclusive recolor cars. I found 2 ain't fair transportation buses regular treasure hunts. And I got my hot wheels to send in for the mail-in Nissan Silvia (CSP311)👍

• Like 4

I found one shipper that had already been ransacked and at another store they let me open the box but it had the 2023 exclusives (Porsche, Vette, El Camino and Mazda) and I scored the Mad Props regular treasure hunt. 2 stores have yet to put out their shippers.

• Like 2

YuP!!! Here in the GOLDEN TRIANGLE (Starkville, Columbus, and TUPELO) after visiting siX DGs I found One (1) “hot wheels floor display shipper” that “had the 2023 exclusives”, but “I got my hot wheels to send in for the mail-in Nissan Silvia (CSP311)”

VVvvvRRRrrrr000o000mmmMMMmm!!!

YoRn Pal

John

Could contain: Advertisement, Indoors, Machine, Wheel, Car, Transportation, Vehicle

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just found a “STUFFED SHIPPER “” only one Mustang three Hondas eight 8️⃣ Lincoln’s and eight Koenigsegg’s gots em all. Oh yeah !!! one Ain’t Fair TH👍👍🫣🤣👍🫣🥲🫣

As a disabled person I keep getting it rubbed in my face by Mattel by making these offers that I have no way of doing because I haven't left my home in 5yrs and no family to go for me,not sure what to do but bet an attorney could figure it out. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fbcoachncs said:

As a disabled person I keep getting it rubbed in my face by Mattel by making these offers that I have no way of doing because I haven't left my home in 5yrs and no family to go for me,not sure what to do but bet an attorney could figure it out. 

Really?  Save your money.  An attorney will tell you, you have no case.   As for rubbing it in peoples faces, its an offer of merchandise for sale.  IF its not in your area then you have to go to the secondary market.   Which is right out there.  I got last years exclusives early this year from ebay.   Not hard, same with the mail in.   Its easy for me to say lose the attitude, I am not in your shoes.  A positive outlook is more attractive to friends and HELP then this negative stuff.  Good luck to you.  Happy St Patrick's day.

• Like 3

First time mail in order here, does it have to be different recolor or as long as it's $20 worth of the select cars? Meaning if I buy 20 motorcycles I'm good?  Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2024 at 11:18 AM, fbcoachncs said:

It's sad that you haven't been able to leave your house, but there are other ways to purchase from Dollar General. Hire someone to shop for you or maybe have a friend help you out. I may be wrong but, I think you can make the purchases from Dollar Tree website online. 😁 Don't sue me if I'm wrong!

If I was your friend, I would certainly help you out. Ask a friend.

The Lincoln and Mustang look great.

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Alloy Wheel, Car Wheel, Machine, Spoke, Tire, Wheel

• Like 2

Went to most all the D G stores in my area (southern Virginia) and no promotion display at any of the stores. Ask store associates when they thought it might arrive and none of them knew what I was talking about.  You would think if Mattel and D G was gonna get together and have a sale they would come to the stores on the day it starts. And inform all stores. Disappointed 

• Sad 2

The first DG I went to they had 3 of the Lincolns, 5 motorcyles, 4 Mustangs, and 3 Gemeras. I bought all of them...but they were buy one get one free..lol.

So does $20 have to be of those cars, or just $20 of any HotWheels??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drew63215 said:

The first DG I went to they had 3 of the Lincolns, 5 motorcyles, 4 Mustangs, and 3 Gemeras. I bought all of them...but they were buy one get one free..lol.

So does $20 have to be of those cars, or just $20 of any HotWheels??

$20 worth of any qualifying Hot Wheels cars

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wish 2023 exclusives would hit somewhere near me -- never got any in our area last year. Fortunately got the 2024 exclusives already though.

• Like 2

5 DGs in my area and nothing new. Brilliant idea to partner with a store that doesn't carry new product, and then in the middle of the promotion, they run a bogo deal?

• Sad 1

On 3/31/2024 at 8:54 PM, SAMACE26 said:

I just found some new 2024 E case basic cars today at my local dollar general.👍

YA DONE GOOD SON!!!

VrroooMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm!!!

PaL Yorn

JohNNy

• Like 1