Great for Racing or Road Use: RLC Exclusive 1991 BMW M3

No stranger to competition, BMW wanted to create a touring car racer on its platform. To accomplish this, they had to first mass produce a sports car version which led to one of the most successful touring car racers of all time. Our new RLC Exclusive 1991 BMW M3 features opening doors and a nod to the “ultimate driving machine.”  

With features like an aerodynamic body, race-tuned engine, bigger wheels and tires and more, the M3 was ready to race. But to meet homologation regulations to enter certain races, it needed to be produced in quantities to sell to the public – and that meant street legal, ensuring that it wasn’t created solely for racing. The good news for consumers? When they bought their M3, it wasn’t a long road to make it race ready. And for BMW? The racing version landed them numerous titles. 

Today, the M3 is a modern classic that may require six figures to acquire. Our edition? Less pricey. It features a Spectraflame steel blue finish with authentic logos, diecast/diecast construction, matte-black painted chassis, Real Riders 10-spoke wheels, light smoke-tinted windows, and a black interior with painted details. You’ll find it displayed in a solid acrylic case. For racing or road use, get ready for this one! 

HWC_Article_ImageSet_GXJ17_91BMWM3.thumb.jpg.402af07c80b94d89e734322bc7b9134f.jpg

Packaging:  

• Packaged in an acrylic case with a sturdy outer box 
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/30,000) 

Availability:  

• RLC members only: 3/01/22 at 9:00 a.m. PT until sold out 

Pricing and Purchase Limits:  

• Priced at $30.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes) 
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change) 
  • Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit five (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion) 
  • Refunds only, no exchanges 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

At 30k produced, priced at +$40 W/ tax and s/h, I do not see this selling out quickly... REGARDLESS of it being "a brand-new-casting."  

I vote that they increase the limit:  >>>2<<<.  I HATE paying double s/h.

I am sure that my wife WILL keep her copy of this... provided she is able to order!

Edited by homer442
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

I do not like paying the +$5 for the cube; BUT I love to display them... always clean AND always protected!

That is a good-looking machine!

And yes, good luck all.

Edited by homer442
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, homer442 said:

At 30k produced, priced at +$40 W/ tax and s/h, I do not see this selling out quickly... REGARDLESS of it being "a brand-new-casting."  

I vote that they increase the limit:  >>>2<<<.  I HATE paying double s/h.

I am sure that my wife WILL keep her copy of this... provided she is able to order!

This will sell out quickly. No reason to increase it to 2...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, astronut71589 said:

How fast do these sell out?  It would be my first rlc exclusive.  Be there at 9

Very Quickly, especially this BMW casting. Probably less than 20 minutes.

2 hours ago, Jakey_01 said:

Don’t know what I’m going to do if I don’t get one of these 

If you don't get one at the Drop Sale. There's Ebay. I'm sure Ebay will have plenty of them at Great Prices 👍

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, homer442 said:

I do not like paying the +$5 for the cube; BUT I love to display them... always clean AND always protected!

That is a good-looking machine!

And yes, good luck all.

Best of Luck to you too 👍