JDM Masterpiece: RLC Exclusive 1995 Honda Integra Type R

By Mattel Creations Staff 

The 1995 Honda Integra Type R is considered the benchmark for all FWD cars. In Japan, it’s revered as one of the best sports cars of the ‘90s. British sports-car enthusiast magazine Evo even called it “the greatest front-wheel-drive performance car ever.” 

We couldn’t agree more, so we recreated this legendary performer in exacting detail for fans of Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) cars.  

“The people that love these cars care about the subtle differences,” said Hot Wheels designer Brendon Vetuskey. “I know they’ll appreciate that we made the JDM version instead of the USDM version.” 

One distinction is the Honda nameplate instead of the Acura nameplate. “This is the Honda version and not Acura,” said Vetuskey. “The one sold in Japan uses the core brand of Honda, while Acura is a brand offered in the U.S.”

But we didn’t stop at just the nameplate. Other features include a right-hand drive and a Japanese spec front end, giving this model different headlights and front bumper than the Acura model.  

To make it even more authentic, we matched the iconic Championship White factory finish with a white, non-Spectraflame enamel. The hubs have even been painted white, just like in Japan. 

Our 1:64 scale model is the perfect homage to the 1995 Honda Integra Type R. This classic JDM car is available exclusively to Red Line Club members at MattelCreations.com while it lasts. 

Could contain: Car, Coupe, Sports Car, Vehicle, Sedan, Alloy Wheel, Spoke, Tire, Wheel, PersonCould contain: Machine, Spoke, Wheel, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Sedan, Coupe, Sports Car

SPECS 

• Opening hood 
  • Body Color: Solid white 
  • Deco: Authentic Honda logos, “95 TYPE R” license plate 
  • Body Type: ZAMAC 
  • Wheels: Real Riders 6-Spoke Mag wheels with white hubs 
  • Base: Full-metal, matte black painted chassis 
  • Window Color: Medium smoke-tinted 
  • Interior Color: Molded black with red details 
  • Scale: 1:64 

PACKAGING 

• Packaged on an illustrated RLC blister card in a Kar Keepers clamshell case 

AVAILABILITY 

• RLC members only: November 28, 2023 at 9:00 AM PT until sold out  

PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS 

• Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes) 
  • We offer international shipping – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change) 
  • Limit of TWO (2) per club membership; limit TEN (10) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion) 
  • Refunds only, no exchanges 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email.  

All Trademarks not owned by Mattel are the property of their respective owners and are used with permission.  

HONDA OFFICIAL LICENSED PRODUCT. Designed, manufactured, and distributed by or for Mattel, Inc. Intellectual property of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. used under license from American Honda Motor Co., Inc. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Let’s gooooo I was able to get one for the collection I’m pretty excited.. can’t wait to get this beautiful Integra in the mail…. Hurry up a get one while there still available 

Edited by HotWheelRuben
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, FASTEDDIE1626615874 said:

Another joke of an RLC sale. Great job Mattel way to let nobody get it except for those you wanted I guess.. Way to make your clientele mad!

Don't feel bad, ordered 2 and sat in checkout for 10 minutes only to be told "sold out ". What FKN joke. 

40 minutes ago, Benjy Hudson said:

Don't feel bad, ordered 2 and sat in checkout for 10 minutes only to be told "sold out ". What FKN joke. 

i think thats the main point of the red line club. This makes those little cars special because not everyone can get them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benjy Hudson said:

I am a member of the red line club 

my point was even if you are the member you never know if you will be able to get one. it increases the value and the emotions on drops are higher. Sorry for bad english im from poland

There is nothing special about the RLC anymore! It hasn’t been special since 2018 when there was only 15,000 members then it was understandable when you didn’t get a car that they actually numbered and you could only buy one of those. Back then and before 2018 the RLC cars were worth money a few in 2019. after that there hasn’t been an RLC car over $200 yet ever since they started making unlimited memberships! And how can they allow two cars per membership when they can’t even supply one car per membership to everybody!!!!!

Edited by FASTEDDIE1626615874

14 hours ago, FASTEDDIE1626615874 said:

There is nothing special about the RLC anymore! It hasn’t been special since 2018 when there was only 15,000 members then it was understandable when you didn’t get a car that they actually numbered and you could only buy one of those. Back then and before 2018 the RLC cars were worth money a few in 2019. after that there hasn’t been an RLC car over $200 yet ever since they started making unlimited memberships! And how can they allow two cars per membership when they can’t even supply one car per membership to everybody!!!!!

i agree the newest cars have no value 

Putting my two cents on the subject of availability through RLC… I’ve been butt-hurt when looking forward to some of the releases and than finding myself in the dreaded circle of chance, would it not make more common sense if Mattel Creations would do a pre-sale on some of the desirable releases? I’ve been a member since 2017.

“not everyone has a set schedule nor access to a phone on the determined set time account multiple reasons from ( security restrictions to public related services)”. Those in position within Mattel should strongly consider such proposals. The previous sale dated 11/23 with two available units per member sold out rather quickly… maybe the target of marketing but honestly falls very short when locking out many members that look at secondary market (resellers). The very fellow member with multiple accounts and no shame promoting their good fortune, but honestly it’s about an uneven playing field there use of devices and programs to obtain numerous units and then sucking their fellow members for inflated prices. “ Negative is as negative does”.

• Like 3