Let's Twist to This: RLC Exclusive 1952 Dodge Power Wagon!

By Allen Voivod

We've built a couple of Dodge Power Wagons over the years at Hot Wheels, but never one like this. Our RLC Exclusive 1952 Dodge Power Wagon is a brand-new car with a first-ever feature: a swivel frame that allows the front and rear halves of the truck to work independently! 

The real-life Power Wagon on which our premium edition is based was a medium-duty four-wheel drive truck. And when you're in four-wheel drive, you want as many of the wheels on the ground as possible, so you can get the best grip on the terrain. But what happens when the terrain gets really rough – rough like what you'll see in the rock formation we've created to display this all-metal casting? 

In the 1950s, a Canadian company came up with a novel conversion for this purpose. They cut the frame rails right between the cab and the bed of the truck, welded crossmembers to seal off the ends, and connected the now-split sections of the chassis with a swivel joint! This allows the front and back of the truck to respond independently to any rugged terrain.  

Only a handful of these modifications were ever made. It's so remarkable, in fact, that you can find one of them on display at the world-famous Petersen Automotive Museum. Our designers couldn’t resist adding a version of this feature to our die-cast version of the 1952 Power Wagon. It arrives in bold Spectraflame oxblood paint and sports the Real Riders 6-spoke mag with black-painted hubs and off-road tires. Stomp on over to the online shop and get yours! 

HWC_Blog_ImageSet_GXJ19_52DodgeWagon.thumb.jpg.44da8bf54779dce78419e808791c7b89.jpg

Packaging

• Displayed on an injection molded rock formation 
  • Packaged in an acrylic case with a sturdy outer box 
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/25,000) 

Availability

• RLC members only: 4/26/22 at 9:00 a.m. PT until sold out 

Pricing and Purchase Limits

• Priced at $35.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)  
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)  
  • Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit five (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)  
  • Refunds only, no exchanges 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. 

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, MOPAR, Plymouth, RAM, SRT, HEMI and related logos, vehicle model names, and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by Mattel, Inc. © 2022 FCA US LLC. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 minutes ago, MustangPro1 said:

I’m all for this new casting but why is it $35 now? It’s usually $25 and $30 for acrylic case.  Is this new pricing? 

The Jeep was also $35. This is the bigger acrylic case with the mold for the off-road vehicles. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, MustangPro1 said:

I’m all for this new casting but why is it $35 now? It’s usually $25 and $30 for acrylic case.  Is this new pricing? 

I believe the jeep was $35.  So this makes sense.  I guess with the cool "swivel" feature it would cost a bit more to manufacture.  

• Like 2

Unlike the Datsun, Can someone from RLC confirm that a last minute change will not be made to the sales page removing the verbiage stating that these WILL be numbered with Sticker? It's a legit question seeing as that's what happened with the Datsun. Thank you in advance. It's a great looking truck and look forward to purchasing it 'IF it's numbered'.

Edited by 67 Camaro1626615935
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 67 Camaro1626615935 said:

Unlike the Datsun, Can someone from RLC confirm that a last minute change will not be made to the sales page removing the verbiage stating that these WILL be numbered with Sticker? It's a legit question seeing as that's what happened with the Datsun. Thank you in advance. It's a great looking truck and look forward to purchasing it 'IF it's numbered'.

I'm going to go ahead and say no one is going to answer that for you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 67 Camaro1626615935 said:

I just happen to be an RLC member, and I WILL confirm that the Dodge PW will indeed come with a sticker. 

23 minutes ago, scubaz06 said:

I'm going to go ahead and say no one is going to answer that for you. 

I got this....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SKRPERT said:

who else got this jewel

20220423_221654.jpg

I could of but my Old S'cool Redline Street Rodder & I went down the track way too Fast. That is a Nice Chevy Pickup Truck. Made to order about a year ago ??

21 hours ago, Todd Hafford said:

Love this casting couldn’t wait till it came out. I’m gonna try my hardest to land one of these. This power wagon has a lot of potential, colors and wheels. 

Hopefully the next one will be a Spectraflame Forest Evergreen. U.S National Park. 

• Like 1