Make It a Mashup: 1970s and 1990s Cars for Collectors’ Choice 2025

By Allen Voivod

Groovy or grungy? Feathered or flannelled? Whether you’re a fan of the 1970s or the 1990s, for this year’s Collectors’ Choice vote, you can have the best of both worlds. Use your votes to mix and match, and help us create a Hot Wheels mini collection unlike any other. 

It works like it does each year: we’ve got 20 castings for you to choose from, and you’re going to vote for your top 10. It just so happens that we’re setting up a friendly competition within the picks. 10 of the cars are from when the world was still analog, and the other 10 are from the decade that went digital. 

To participate, check out the list of choices and complete the poll below.

You only have until October 16 at 11:59 PM PT to place your votes. Here are your 20 options for 2025:

1970s Castings:

Could contain: Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Machine, Spoke, Tire, Vehicle, Wheel, Sedan, Coupe

1990s Castings:

Could contain: Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Machine, Spoke, Tire, Transportation, Vehicle, Wheel, Sedan

Now that you’ve seen the options, complete the poll below:

Thanks for voting – we’re excited to see what you pick! And when you’re done, come back to check out which cars Hot Wheels fans like you chose for the 2024 Collectors’ Choice mini-collection.

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items and dates are subject to change. All Trademarks not owned by Mattel are the property of their respective owners, and are used 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi 👋🏼 everyone I’m new to hot wheels collecting glad to be apart of the community got a lot of awesome stuff coming in from Mattel can’t wait….Just put my votes in can’t wait to see which one it’s going to be …man what a lot of great selections there are .. my favorite one is the 90’s Honda civic hatchback ❤️

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, James3523 said:

I look forward to seeing these become actual cars.

Had a 71.5 RS Split Bumper in Hugger Orange two fat black stripes hood to trunk

Edited by Ron363
  • Like 2

Just now, Ron363 said:

Had a 71.5 RS Split Bumper in Hugger Orange two fat black stripes hood to trunk

Never forget those 2nd generation Doors. God,  they were like lead and the bushings wore out monthly lol

• Like 1

If people realized how Hot Wheels were like 8or so yrs ago and beyond they would be jumping up and down at what mattel has brought to the table over the recent years.. It's not even remotely close to the same! Amazing castings now constantly being produced of actual licensed cars, tons of premiums etc.. The list is long.. Even if you can't get some stuff it's STILL 100x better than it used to be. You guys just don't know what we have now, be thankful I promise!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2