OVER RIVERS, ROCKS, AND LOGS: THE RLC EXCLUSIVE 1944 WILLYS MB

By Gary Barnum

A popular slogan for Jeep® was “Go anywhere, do anything.” We wanted to emphasize that by helping them celebrate their 80th anniversary this year with this RLC Exclusive 1944 Willys MB.

They may have been created for World War II, but these troop movers have emerged today as a popular favorite among customizers who want a sturdy frame for an off-road vehicle. Modified to take on virtually any terrain, the Willys now heads out over the river and through the woods and across boulders!

Our 1:64 scale model features innovative diecast suspension that works in more ways than one. Each of the four compression springs works independently, meaning you can pose it at angles you might find yourself in when taking steep grades out in the wild. Not only that, but once you do, you can use the locking feature to hold that pose. Fun for photos! But it also allows you another choice: flexible or solid stance. How much bounce do you want? Plenty of options for playing with this piece!

You’ll find a Spectraflame red finish with painted tool details on the sides, plus a clear windshield that tips forward, a black rollbar, and a matte black-painted chassis with painted details on this edition. Clearly, it needed Real Riders 5-spoke wheels with off-road tires and Firestone tampo with matte black-painted hubs for all the tread it can get. Finish it off with a matte black interior that includes painted details in the front and back, and you’re ready to roll, rock, and ride anywhere. Strap in!

HWC_Article_ImageSet_GXJ27_WillysMBRecolor.thumb.jpg.8f1fa27e1648f750fbadd3ec9ee3fc2f.jpg

Specs:

• Features: Windshield tips forward, suspension (add details)
  • Body Color: Spectraflame Red
  • Deco: Painted details on shovels on sides, “Firestone” tampo on tires
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 5-spoke wheels with matte black-painted hubs and off-road tires 
  • Base: Full-metal, matte black-painted chassis with painted details 
  • Window Color: Clear 
  • Interior Color: Matte black interior and roll bar with painted details in front and rear
  • Scale: 1:64 

Packaging:

• Packaged on a terrain-formed base in an acrylic case with a diorama background in a window box with a sturdy outer box   

Availability:

• RLC members only: 11/9/21 at 9:00 a.m. PT until sold out

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $35.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)  
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)  
  • Limit of TWO (2) per club membership; limit five (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)  
  • Refunds only, no exchanges  

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.  
Jeep, the Jeep grille and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by Mattel, Inc. © 2021 FCA US LLC.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 hours ago, FiveseveN said:

Why the same cast just a couple months apart?  Don't get me wrong..... it's sexy.  Next year would've been better.   Seems like "leftovers".

Money grab! same casting, just respray! lololol and here we all are with money to buy it! XD expect more of these "leftovers" in the future so long as we collectors show up to buy them haha.  I'm definitely in for this one!  

7 hours ago, F0RCED1NDUCT10N_1 said:

Money grab! same casting, just respray! lololol and here we all are with money to buy it! XD expect more of these "leftovers" in the future so long as we collectors show up to buy them haha.  I'm definitely in for this one!  

I'm definitely going for it.  The red looks sick. 

• Like 1

I thought the same thing - too soon. Couldn't at least wait till early next year to drop the same casting that just came out in Sept or done the first Jeep earlier this year? It is a great casting and super detailed, but I want different stuff to be offered. there is 10s of thousands of castings in their catalog to choose from so I don't get this move at all. They literally just printed a new background instead of Moab and re colored it. mainline move. Still going to get it (guess i will play the fool and let them take my $) It will look good sitting between the green jeep and the Mtx Land Rover (really great casting even though the pics I wasn't sure surprised me when it came)  though. 

• Like 1

Some people are saying too soon. It's definitely different to receive the same casting twice in one year but who cares? It's a great casting and after not getting many cars last year I say bring it on! Very stoked the only thing I'm not crazy about with thisone is some of the pieces don't appear to be painted a different color like with the green one. The tank for instance. 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, Nate78us said:

Some people are saying too soon. It's definitely different to receive the same casting twice in one year but who cares? It's a great casting and after not getting many cars last year I say bring it on! Very stoked the only thing I'm not crazy about with thisone is some of the pieces don't appear to be painted a different color like with the green one. The tank for instance. 

Everyone is forgetting that the Green Willy's was SUPPOSED to be part of last year's RLC line for 2020-2021, and this red one was always slotted for 2021-2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, SoCalMatt said:

Everyone is forgetting that the Green Willy's was SUPPOSED to be part of last year's RLC line for 2020-2021, and this red one was always slotted for 2021-2022.

They are not forgetting. Join dates and post counts suggest they don't show up very often. 

39 minutes ago, Alejandro Castro said:
Has anyone been able to buy it ???

Goes on sale in about 5 minutes... 9am PST.  (We are on daylight savings over here).  Sunday morning at 2am we turned our clocks back 1hr.  So if you are not in a state that operates on day light savings, then you will have to take that into account.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1