Party In the Back: RLC Exclusive Pink Edition 1962 Ford F100

By Mattel Creations Staff

The 37th Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Convention is roaring into L.A. and the official 2023 Party Car is here. Introducing the RLC Exclusive Pink Edition 1962 Ford F100.

There’s a long-standing history of RLC pink party cars,” explained Hot Wheels designer Brendon Vetuskey. “These days that party is over, but the cars are continued to be made for the conventions. This car is always a new casting and (with the sole exception of the first one) it’s made in Spectraflame pink.”   

For 2023, the second pink edition is a 1962 Ford F-100. This model has a slammed stance, smooth bodysides and detailed straight-six engine. But it also is the first to have pink-on-pink graphics.

This is the first Pink Series car to have flames (ghost or otherwise),” said Vetuskey. “As subtle as they are, it makes it a unique offering.”

It even has a custom “LA 23” license plate giving a nod to the convention. Get yours on October 10 at 9 AM PT exclusively at MattelCreations.com.

Could contain: Pickup Truck, Transportation, Truck, Vehicle, Car, Machine, Wheel

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Legal Name: RLC Exclusive Pink Edition 1962 Ford F100
  • Features: Opening hood
  • Body Color: Spectraflame pink
  • Graphics: Matte white roof and pink flames on sides; authentic manufacturer logos
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 5-Spoke Mag wheels with red line tampo
  • Base: Full-metal, silver painted chassis; engine with painted details
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: White
  • Scale: 1:64

PACKAGING

• Packaged on an illustrated RLC blister card, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case

AVAILABILITY

• RLC members only: October 10, 2023 at 9:00 AM PT until sold out

PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS

• Priced at $30.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We offer international shipping –  (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of two (2) per club membership; limit ten (10) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. Items placed in your shopping cart are not guaranteed to be available for purchase until you have completed checkout and received an order number via confirmation page or email.

Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Mattel, Inc.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Don't go by the price yet, the shop article says $30 but this news article says $28. 

We will hopefully soon see what is the correct one. 🤔

Edited by AJF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Don't go by the price yet, the shop article says $30 but this news article says $28. 

We will hopefully soon see what is the correct one. 🤔

but DO THE DOORS OPEN???

VVVvvvvvvvvrrroooooooooooOOOOooooooMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMM???

JRBJR

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Device, Grass, Lawn, Lawn Mower, Plant, Tool, Transportation, Vehicle

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JOHNR.BLAIRJR. said:

but DO THE DOORS OPEN???

VVVvvvvvvvvrrroooooooooooOOOOooooooMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMM???

JRBJR

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Device, Grass, Lawn, Lawn Mower, Plant, Tool, Transportation, Vehicle

What does it matter it's pink, and it's not like you're going to get in it and VVVvvvvvvrrrooooooooOOOOooooooMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMM Could contain: Pickup Truck, Transportation, Truck, Vehicle, Caraway. 😆✌️

2 hours ago, AJF said:

What does it matter it's pink, and it's not like you're going to get in it and VVVvvvvvvrrrooooooooOOOOooooooMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMM Could contain: Pickup Truck, Transportation, Truck, Vehicle, Caraway. 😆✌️

Sooooooo....

THINK PINK!!!

then;

VvvVvvVRRRRRRRRRrRRRR000000ooooooooMMMMMMmmmm???

JRBJR

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Wheel, Tire, Alloy Wheel, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Model T, Buggy

• Like 1

Yea baby so excited …..can’t wait to get this beautiful looking truck in the mail. was able to grab 2 of them in today’s release one to open and one for the collection … who else on here got one ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technician 68 said:

Cart was greyed out before 9AM PST. This probably sold out before 9am. 

no it wasn't, i refreshed at 9:00am and was able to buy 2, im from Cali

• Like 2

Could not fully access the link as it was greyed out without a photo in the cart even before 9am. Knew right then was basically screwed; but kept trying to finish cart checkout. I entered in with low expectations even though it lacked the production sticker. If it would have been less than 17K I would have left before 9:03 am. At least it was not drawn out for 20+ minutes. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, leoman said:

no it wasn't, i refreshed at 9:00am and was able to buy 2, im from Cali

What time did you login 15 minutes or more or less? The cart showed sold out instantly once the cart opened. I cleared out the cookies and logged in about 10 minutes before sale. I was in the Redline Shop and there was no picture of the car before 9am. Not sure if that would be normal but would be good to know. 

On 10/10/2023 at 2:15 PM, Big dragbus 3 said:

I was out at 9:06 because it took me too long to enter cc info. 😕

I Never even made it that far. Had that info ready though. refreshed three times. still had one in cart but no way to continue.

• Like 1

First time joining the RLC membership and got one. I was tempted to add 1more but thinking it might sold out quickly. Also grabbed the cobra RLC as I just started collecting hot wheels. Looking forward on new RLC release 🙂

• Like 1