Spot Exclusive Color Variations at Dollar General

By Mattel Creations Staff

One of the most intriguing – and challenging – pursuits by many Hot Wheels collectors is known as the “variation.” Finding a small production run of our vehicles that features an alternate set of wheels or different tint of windshield is fun. But possibly the most-favored variation is when a vehicle edition with the same graphic theme appears in a different color.

With that in mind, our clever color crew has created four color variations for you to find exclusively at Dollar General stores. We anticipate these will begin to show up during the promotional period for the Collector Edition Porsche 993 GT2, so be on the lookout (find a store near you here).

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Vehicle, Wheel, Coupe, Sports Car

Dollar General exclusive color variations:

• ’80 El Camino™ – Yellow (HW: The ’80s)
  • Corvette® C7 Z06™ Convertible – Sublime green (HW Roadsters)
  • Mazda 787B – Black (Retro Racers)
  • Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo – Micro hugger orange (HW Green Speed)

Speaking of the Collector Edition Porsche 993 GT2, here’s another tip for you. Not only are the variations fun to add to your collection, but grabbing them at Dollar General during the promotional period will count toward the $20 you need to spend on Hot Wheels to mail away for it. Color yourself lucky.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

• Like 4

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, EnhancedAkuma said:

Mattel should either make Dollar General sell partial cases online or stop giving them exclusives, it isn't fair to us in the West where DG doesn't exist.

That does suck. Nobody Kroger-esque near me, but at least I have the online option.

• Like 3

My local dollar general's never got in last year's exclusive cars and I had to get those from one of my friends at the flea market and none of my dollar general's hasn't gotten in any hot wheels since before Christmas and they were all of K and L Case cars and some of them still have peg warmers of those at my local dollar general's and one of my local dollar general's the pegs are completely empty now so I hope and pray my local dollar general's get these exclusive cars in so I can add them to my hot wheels collection.👍And those exclusive cars are all awesome and I can't wait to add all 4 of those to my hot wheels collection.👍

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I've been going to my nearest DG at least 3 time per week for the last 2 months. Same (read) single Hot Wheels car still hangs there on the peg. How am I supposed to get 20 cars? I'm not going to 20 different stores, NO WAY. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Well Sam L@@K what I found a DG today (March 20 2023) while hunting the 2023 DG color  variations!?!?! ALL 4 of the color variations from 2022 were (are) there in multiple sets!!! Soooo.... maybe in 2024 you can get the 2023 set of Exclusive Color Variations at Dollar General???

I bought two of the 2022 Custom Ford Broncos (dark yellow) from that pile you see there... Soooo... Don't despair, but Try tRy try trY TRY again Next Year mayBe???

Oh!!! I did buy the 20 HWs at DG(s) here in Starkvegas MS for the mail off Collector Edition Porsche 993 GT2 from Dollar General also and had a GRAND time of it!!!!Could contain: Machine, Wheel

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVrrrr000000000000000000ooOOOoooMMMMMM!!!

JRBJR

14 minutes ago, JOHNR.BLAIRJR. said:

Well Sam L@@K what I found a DG today (March 20 2023) while hunting the 2023 DG color  variations!?!?! ALL 4 of the color variations from 2022 were (are) there in multiple sets!!! Soooo.... maybe in 2024 you can get the 2023 set of Exclusive Color Variations at Dollar General???

I bought two of the 2022 Custom Ford Broncos (dark yellow) from that pile you see there... Soooo... Don't despair, but Try tRy try trY TRY again Next Year mayBe???

Oh!!! I did buy the 20 HWs at DG(s) here in Starkvegas MS for the mail off Collector Edition Porsche 993 GT2 from Dollar General also and had a GRAND time of it!!!!Could contain: Machine, Wheel

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVrrrr000000000000000000ooOOOoooMMMMMM!!!

JRBJR

DG23ColorGIF.gif.068ca3c663b2011d1822ce3ddb41d272.gif

8 hours ago, Paulstoyreviews said:

So i dont have to turn in my blister cards just the reciept this time ? Last time i was told the last promotion i didnt get the car since i didnt send in blister cards.

2. Mail a) your original (no photocopies) cash register receipt(s) dated from March 19, 2023 to April 30, 2023; b) blister cards from single packs of basic cars (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window), or UPC codes from the multipacks matching the receipt and totaling $20 (before taxes), for each Promotional Vehicle per person you are requesting (limit of 10 (TEN) Promotional Vehicles per person, household and/or address); c) a completed order form ; and d) a check or money order (unless you pay online via credit card) payable to Mattel, Inc. for US $7.00 shipping and processing for each vehicle you order to:

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 12:35 PM, EnhancedAkuma said:

Mattel should either make Dollar General sell partial cases online or stop giving them exclusives, it isn't fair to us in the West where DG doesn't exist.

It's not fair us east coasters don't get any kroger exclusives...lol

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 11:19 PM, Paulstoyreviews said:

So i dont have to turn in my blister cards just the reciept this time ? Last time i was told the last promotion i didnt get the car since i didnt send in blister cards.

You ALWAYS have to turn in the cards. And listen, any time you make a mistake on the mail ins, contact Customer Support. They are SUPER helpful and will let you correct any errors. I've done it in the past. 

• Like 2

yeah somebody needs to tell dollar general this is happening. I have six in my area and two off them have had NO hot wheels since November. and the rest have the crud nobody want to buy.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 6:42 PM, ECCHOPPER said:

You ALWAYS have to turn in the cards. And listen, any time you make a mistake on the mail ins, contact Customer Support. They are SUPER helpful and will let you correct any errors. I've done it in the past. 

Yeah same here in Illinois (quad city area)

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 12:35 PM, EnhancedAkuma said:

Here in the North East we do not have a Krogers for the exclusives there 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i have been to 3 dollar general stores so far ..no 2023 releases..  all last year hot wheels...fys grocery stores .all last year hotwheels....found a few at safeway grocery..now it has all last year hotwheels..walmart  all pegs empty...some matchbox are from .last year ...target  very few hotwheels on the pegs..who knows why ..

Do you know if they will ever start selling these promo cases on their website like Kroger does, and Best Buy did? My local Dollar Generals have not had the exclusive cases the last few promotions you had with them. And every employee I speak with always says, they don't know anything about a Hot Wheels promotion. Is it just my area? At first I would think maybe it was a certain store, but it's the same at like 8 different DG's all around me? Is there anyway Mattel can get these stores up to speed?

Signed....Bumming Out

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Camaro Crazy said:

Here in the North East we do not have a Krogers for the exclusives there 

If it's a sought after set of exclusives, even with a dozen Kroger near by, odds of finding exclusive set in store is slim. Best thing Kroger did was offer the 36 ct cases online. 

• Like 2