Suburban Street Rod: RLC Exclusive 1962 Ford F100

By Allen Voivod

Our first 1962 Ford F100 was a sweet treat in Spectraflame orange. This navy blue variation keeps its cool while still bringing the heat. Our new ’62 will be ready to cruise into your collection when it arrives at Mattel Creations on 7/26/2022.  

From 1961 to 1963, Ford made a version of their trucks called an integrated pickup, more commonly referred to as ‘unibody’,” says designer Brendon Vetuskey, treating us to a bit of a history lesson. “These trucks are sought after by hot rodders due to their smooth styling, which set them apart from the competition.” 

That earlier Ford F100 – the one with the creamy orange-and-white styling – was also sought after by Hot Wheels collectors. It was so popular, in fact, that it sold out within 15 minutes when it was released earlier this year. For our second edition, we increased the production run, and graphic designer Steve Vandervate added a vintage “Genuine Ford Parts Sales & Service” logo to the doors. This model has the optional larger wraparound rear window, and the hood opens to show off its detailed engine sculpt. 

The vanity license plate abbreviates “Ford Motor Company” in a way you’ll never forget. Fun fact: this style of California license plate actually debuted in 1963, the year after this pickup was released. So you can imagine a hot rodder buying this up from a suburban family, slamming it down, and customizing the look. 

Now, it’s no longer made for shady daytime drives on residential side streets. It’s made for cruising on hot summer nights under boulevard lights. And it’s perfect for your premium collection, too. Act fast to get this second variation of the 1962 Ford F100 when it drops at Mattel Creations. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8cf5f982f2980cfb64f5af7c0d2073db.jpeg

PACKAGING 

• Packaged on an illustrated RLC blister card, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case 
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxxx/30,000)  

AVAILABILITY 

• RLC members only: 7/26/2022 at 9:00 a.m. PT until sold out 

PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS 

• Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)  
  • We offer international shipping – (international shipping availability subject to change)  
  • Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit FIVE (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)  
  • Refunds only, no exchanges 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability. 

Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Mattel, Inc. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 hours ago, Twiztid803 said:

Will try like usual but with only being able to get 1 this year dont have high hopes with all the ongoing issues at every sale

Don't give up, keep at it. You'll eventually get them 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GUERYGUERRERO said:

I like the color, I'll try to get one.  

How was the purchase of SDCC?

I was able to get the ones I wanted 😎😎😎

41807CF3-71B0-4355-B451-EFB13D8D9BB9.jpeg

Couldnt buy any of these, I was travelling you are so lucky. 

• Like 2

So far this year, I was able to get the '72 Nissan Skyline Membership car, the Blown Delivery, and I placed 3 pre-order items. All others RLC releases were sold out as I wait to complete the check out.

I'm going to try again in case there are less than 30,001 RLC members interested in this truck, and I hope that there is indeed 30,000 trucks available during the flash sale.  

Edited by M D Legaspi
Clarity
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yes i agree all ive got this year was the 454ss, after making it to the processing payment part of 3 releases just to have it pop up sold out, this truck is easily at the top of my list and not for me but for my 7yr old son who collects with me, i dont have high hopes but guess we shall see, i already know theres no chance of 1 for him then 1 4 me lol but aslong as i can get 1 4 him ill be happy,

• Like 1

23 hours ago, M D Legaspi said:

So far this year, I was able to get the '72 Nissan Skyline Membership car, the Blown Delivery, and I placed 3 pre-order items. All others RLC releases were sold out as I wait to complete the check out.

I'm going to try again in case there are less than 30,001 RLC members interested in this truck, and I hope that there is indeed 30,000 trucks available during the flash sale.  

Like Mattel said. If you want one. You got to be Quick to get one for you to Show for. Doesn't matter Low or High Numbers. You're not the only one that want these Exclusive Hot Wheels. There's Million's of Hot Wheel Member's around the World that want them as much as you. I couldn't careless. I'm not letting a 1/64 Diecast ruin my Day because there will be better Brighter Day's to come. Best of Luck in the RLC Club 👍🤙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1