Ready to celebrate Mother’s Day? Find the perfect picks for every fan’s collection. Shop Now

Three Is a Nifty Number: Hot Wheels NFT Garage Series III

**UPDATED: 11/23

PLEASE NOTE: The Redemption Period for Series 3 Redeemable NFTs has been updated. The period begins 12/7/22 and ends 1/13/23.

**UPDATED: 7/11

The sale on 7/12 10am PT/1pm PT will be using WAXP (crypto) ONLY, please have your WAX wallet updated accordingly. Need help? Check out the WAX setup tutorial on YouTube.**

**UPDATED 7/8

Thank you for your patience as we deal with a variety of issues with the Hot Wheels NFT Garage Series 3 launch.

As a thank you, an NFT will be airdropped to all who participated in the drop in the last 2 days. The snapshot will occur later today and be airdropped to you in the coming weeks.

We will end today’s 7/8 sale at 1 PM PT and resume with a Wax P sale on Tuesday, July 12th at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET. Pack opening will be same day at 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET.**

By Allen Voivod

The “ultimate peg wall” is growing – and welcoming more real-world automakers to this new frontier. Pagani joins the roster for Hot Wheels NFT Garage Series III, arriving on 7/7. These NFTs feature impressive digital art from the same team that creates our physical cars, and some of them can get you an actual, physical Hot Wheels car.

Hot Wheels NFTs come in five rarities: Base, Rare, Showroom, Premium, and Treasure Hunt (NFTH). The cars you find in a pack of NFTs may be from any of these rarities, and some NFTs are harder to find than others. But it’s the Premium and Treasure Hunt ones you really want to catch. Those are the "virtual + In Real Life" (vIRL) NFTs, and if you’re the owner of one of those, you'll get a token you can redeem for an exclusive die-cast version of the car pictured on the NFT. 

The vIRLs are some of the most exclusive die-cast cars offered by Hot Wheels because they’re produced in such limited quantities. For Series III, these are the physical cars you’ll have the opportunity to own: 

• Premium: ‘77 Pontiac Firebird T/A, Bad To The Blade, 2JETZ, 17 Acura NSX 
  • Treasure Hunt: 16 Cadillac ATS-V R 

Then there’s our Showroom rarity – the hardest to find, most limited NFT we offer. The Showroom card for Series II became one of the most desired and highly valued NFTs we offered. For Series III, the Showroom casting is the Pagani Zonda R. We’re thrilled to induct the renowned Italian automaker into the NFT Garage with this stunning supercar.

You can find more details on what’s available in Series III and about owning and managing your total Hot Wheels NFT Garage collection below. But first, check out a sample of what Series III has to offer! 

HWC_Article_ImageSet_NFTGarageS3.thumb.jpg.ecbd9dd4dad8850bcd89bb5dfbe6be8c.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions 

What's an NFT? 

NFT stands for "non-fungible token." "Non-fungible" means unique – there's nothing else like it out there. All Series II Hot Wheels NFT Garage cards that show the same car are individually numbered, so each one has its own unique value. "Token" refers to the fact that it's a digital asset instead of a physical one, with built-in authentication that serves as proof of ownership.  

Is an NFT the same thing as cryptocurrency? 

NFTs and cryptocurrency are generally built using the same type of programming, known as the blockchain, but they aren't the same. Each NFT has a digital signature that makes it unique (non-fungible), like owning a piece of art. Cryptocurrencies are "fungible," meaning that each one is worth the same as any other. For example, one Bitcoin is worth one Bitcoin, just like a $1 bill is worth the same as any other $1 bill. 

What Are Hot Wheels NFTs? 

They're the latest way to own valuable and rare digital artwork from Hot Wheels, featuring some of our wildest and most outrageous car designs in a whole new format! These NFTs are pure Hot Wheels, developed by the same team behind iconic Hot Wheels die-casts. Whether it's a physical car or a digital one, they know that cutting-edge designs and deco are the key to Hot Wheels' appeal, no matter how they're made. A purchase from the Hot Wheels NFT Garage is a one-of-a-kind collectible – it's special and rare, even as a digital file. 

Where do I get Hot Wheels NFTs? 

You can get them on WAX (Worldwide Asset eXchange™), the most used and transacted blockchain ecosystem in the world for NFTs. It provides the safest and most convenient way to create, buy, sell, and trade both virtual and physical items, with anyone and anywhere in the world. 

Where do you announce and promote the release of Hot Wheels NFTs? 

Below are the links to our official Hot Wheels social media accounts. Please note that they are all "verified accounts" on their respective platforms.

Hot Wheels Twitter

Hot Wheels Facebook

Hot Wheels Instagram

Mattel Discord

Because Series 3 will be released on the WAX blockchain, it will also be announced and promoted in the Hot Wheels channel on the WAX Blockchain Discord Server.

What are the steps to buy a Hot Wheels NFT Pack? 

NFT Garage Series III will only be sold and traded on the WAX blockchain. In general, here are the steps you’ll need to follow. 

For the Hot Wheels NFT Garage Series III drop on 7/7: 

• In the week leading up to the drop, WAX will offer a free promo NFT so you'll know your account and wallet are working and ready for the drop. 
  • On 7/7 at 10:00am PT, go to https://hotwheelsnftg.io/shop and buy the NFT packs!

What are the different rarities of the Hot Wheels NFT Garage Series III NFTs? 

Here's a breakdown of the 5 rarity types, and how they total up to over 50 NFTs. NFT cards in Series III. The Premium and Treasure Hunt (NFTH) rarities are vIRLs (virtual + In Real Life), which means they also come with a token to redeem for a physical die-cast version of the car depicted on the NFT card. 

HWC_Article_ImageSet2_NFTGarageS3.jpg.b4f6be3a583d5e84150fba262cf52964.jpg

What's are "cars," "splits," and "counts"? 

For Hot Wheels NFTs, "cars" refer to the make and model of a car appearing on an NFT. "Count" refers to the number of cars with a specific deco shown on an NFT. As an example, if you have five "cars" but a "count" of six within a rarity tier, that's because one of the cars also comes in an alternate deco within that rarity tier. "Splits" tell you how many NFTs exist for each car/deco combination. 

One of my NFTs is a vIRL card! How do I get the physical die-cast version of the car? 

Congratulations! Because selling and trading play a frequent part in the NFT experience, the person who owns a Premium or Treasure Hunt NFT as of 12/07/2022 will receive a Redemption Coin in their WAX wallet. It must be redeemed within 30 days for the physical limited-edition die-cast collectible.* Please allow up to 12 weeks from the date of redemption for your car to be shipped with your chosen shipping method.

How will I track and manage my collection? 

Use any NFT collecting app on the iOS App Store and Google Play for Android. These apps can be linked to your WAX account, so you can track and manage your collection within the app. 

How do Hot Wheels NFTs affect the environment? 

Hot Wheels is partnering with WAX, the only carbon neutral NFT blockchain on the market. One WAX transaction just uses roughly about as much energy as the simple act of turning a lightbulb on or off. 

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.  

* The Redemption Coin will be deposited into the WAX wallet of the current owner of the Hot Wheels NFT car (which may or may not be the original buyer) as of 12/01/2022. Only one (1) Redemption Coin will be issued per redeemable Hot Wheels NFT car. Once a Redemption Coin is deposited into your WAX wallet, you will have 30 days to redeem it for your physical car. Redeeming a Redemption Coin "burns" the coin and it will no longer be in your wallet.  

Shipping is not included – learn more about our shipping options. International restrictions may apply – learn more about our international shipping policies 

Acura Official Licensed Product. Designed, manufactured, and distributed by Mattel, Inc. Acura®, the "A" logo®, Acura vehicles and their trade dress, and all associated vehicle emblems, logos, marks and names are trademarks and intellectual property of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.  All rights reserved. 

General Motors Trademarks (Cadillac, Pontiac) used under license to Mattel, Inc. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So... people tell me I'm smarter than I look... and I've read this several times... and I still don't know what they're selling.  An NFT is "digital artwork"?  You're buying a picture?  Maybe they should call it an NFW...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, SM1967 said:

So... people tell me I'm smarter than I look... and I've read this several times... and I still don't know what they're selling.  An NFT is "digital artwork"?  You're buying a picture?  Maybe they should call it an NFW...

I have to believe most folks are trying their luck to get a Virl or and NFT that will be redeemable for an actual physical car... but I could be wrong and maybe people just want the "ownership" of a digital picture. People tend to let me down so probably the latter 😪

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Not interested AT ALL.  You can have it I’m an original hot wheels collector. Not some millennial imaginary way to make money or hot wheels digital BS.  If I can’t hold the car I don’t want it.  Just FYI look how much they had to explain in the write up and it still doesn’t make much sense…I’m good I’ll pass.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, MustangPro1 said:

Not interested AT ALL.  You can have it I’m an original hot wheels collector. Not some millennial imaginary way to make money or hot wheels digital BS.  If I can’t hold the car I don’t want it.  Just FYI look how much they had to explain in the write up and it still doesn’t make much sense…I’m good I’ll pass.

You couldn't have said it better .

On 6/30/2022 at 8:12 PM, SM1967 said:

The NFT just says that you own that digital artwork.  Everyone else on the planet can possess said artwork, but you would be the only "owner".

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 7/1/2022 at 1:22 PM, MustangPro1 said:

100% correct. If I can't hold the car, I don't want it. This man understands. Heed his wisdom people!

2 hours ago, Samwise Carcollecter said:

Man, Mattel really wants to die on the NFT hill like so many other companies these days... how sad.😒

Mattel is a Huge Toy Corporation. If this NFT takes a Dive. I'm sure it's not going to Hurt Mattel. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:22 PM, MustangPro1 said:

On 7/2/2022 at 5:04 AM, kodokmetalik said:

Great way for draining wallet & bank account....basically you can simply say : Everything will be based on LUCK & How much MONEY do you willing to spend 😅😅😅

22 hours ago, BOLERAMA said:

You couldn't have said it better .

13 hours ago, Samwise Carcollecter said:

100% correct. If I can't hold the car, I don't want it. This man understands. Heed his wisdom people!

10 hours ago, ejr1989 said:

I'm a so called millennial and I can see how stupid this is.  What an absolute waste of money, for real.

Probably why they are offering limited  physical cars with purchase to try to get people board... 

3 hours ago, DAR1988 said:

Probably why they are offering limited  physical cars with purchase to try to get people board... 

No, to get more Dinero 💰 the easy way. It's the Beginning of the "TRONS" Hot Wheel's Era.

HW can't seem to keep up with what they are selling now. I'm a collector of real Diecast, not "CRYPTO CARS". I have diecast from before 1968 and the first Hot Wheels, still in the package. This is NFP, it is for Enjoyment. This will never make your retirement.

• Like 1

I am on the sideline for these Hot Wheels NFT Garage. I am simply not sold on the prospect of owning NFT's, and the chance of getting a physical Hot Wheels is slim. For the time being, I am going to continue collecting physical Hot Wheels as I have in years past. Here is what I do now, and I can share it easily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, lemme get this straight.  The only reason worth doing this is to join a lottery to maybe win an actual car?  I cannot make any sense of this whatsoever.  Just tell me how much it costs to get a lottery shot at the Firebird and how much each raffle ticket is?

On 30/6/2022 at 14:56, VERA LYNN said:

Añadiré cuatro más de este Wax a mi colección. Todavía no sé qué hacer con él, ¡pero me apunto! Algunas de mis cositas de Wax 😂 🤣 🥲

3F102E54-3504-4867-813B-23712697AC22.jpeg

156491F2-4AEF-4AFE-BF3D-7D7EC6FBF2E5.jpeg

Why didn't they do the limited series for the RLC, if it can be done here, it should be done there. Please don't tell me about the SKU's, it's their company and they can make as many SKU's as they want.

Edited by SALGUODJR