A BRAVE NEW ROAD

By Mattel Creations Staff

Tesla is the current leader in environmentally friendly vehicles, and our Matchbox® designers wanted to honor the Tesla Roadster in the most high-fidelity way possible. It features the authentic Tesla Roadster front and rear details with a Satin Pearl White body color and Light Smoke tint windows, made in a way that truly embodies the Tesla spirit.

HWC_Blog_ImageSet01_HCJ51_TeslaRoadster.thumb.jpg.dc1d2a108c75d1c1e14f6cb6e7d29b1c.jpg

The Matchbox® Tesla Roadster is our first die-cast made from 99% recycled materials and is a certified CarbonNeutral® product – even the packaging is made of recycled FSC-certified materials. This forward-thinking Tesla Roadster serves as a blueprint for how eco-conscious our toys and packaging can be.HWC_Blog_ImageSet02_HCJ51_TeslaRoadster.thumb.jpg.14e83ccfd9c5428681b9445092aa1036.jpg

As the world changes, Matchbox® is changing with it with our “Drive Toward a Better Future” program. This program centers on our commitment to make all Matchbox die-cast cars, playsets and packaging with 100% recycled, recyclable or bio-based plastic materials by 2026.

HWC_Blog_ImageSet03_HCJ51_TeslaRoadster.thumb.jpg.85a151dec70c5fbc4932bad69d7cbef4.jpg

Specs:

Body Color: Satin Pearl White (water base paint)

Body Type: Zamac using ZL0400 PIR Zinc materials

Deco: Authentic Tesla Roadster front and rear details  (water base paint)

Windows: Light Smoke tint using PCR PET materials

Interior: Cool Gray 9C using PCR HH 8928 PP materials

Wheels: Basic Performance wheel .45” using PCR HH 8928 PP materials

Wheel Axles: Stainless Steel (made from at least 50% recycled stainless steel)

Base: Metallic Gray using PCR PET materials

Scale: 1:64

Packaging:

• Packaging is totally plastic-free: the paper components are FSC-certified, made of recycled materials and the car sits in a PaperFoam® tray which is home compostable. 

Availability: 

• Anyone (until sold out): Monday, April 4th at 9:00 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Limit 2
  • Priced at $20 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries - please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

$30 after shipping and taxes, this is a little expensive for this imo. The mainline satin red version is almost better looking for $1. This is gonna be hard to justify for me probably gonna pass. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zprime said:

Wheels: Basic Performance wheel .45” using PCR HH 8928 PP materials

Is this all plastic? No real rider for a $20 diecast? 

Ya pretty boring offering for $20

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not all plastic is recyclable, water bottles are the best type to recycle. When plastic "is" recycled the polymer chain grows shorter so the quality decreases. $20 for an inferior piece of plastic, hard pass. Mattel you are trying too hard, next you will tell us you will only use windmills and solar panels for energy. Lol

1 hour ago, Zprime said:

Wheels: Basic Performance wheel .45” using PCR HH 8928 PP materials

Is this all plastic? No real rider for a $20 diecast? 

The axle is stainless steel lol

• Haha 2

$20 bucks is a bit steep for what is essentially a mainline quality cast.

But since I never found the mainline Tesla Roadster in stores, and I’m not interested in paying inflated auction prices, perhaps this will have to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'll do my part for the environment and not buy this. The methane produced from this scam is melting the icecaps. Mattel could at least donate a small percentage of sales to an environment organization.

Edited by JAMHOLL
l
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I am down for one.

I like that they are incorporating recycled materials.

Even if it not as strong as regular plastic, I don’t plan on driving mine.

😃

• Like 1

Bhasss...don't forget that it took fossil fuels to manufacture the electrovoltaic cell panels, the wind mill blades & so much more. Happy de-banking & de-bunking.

Respectfully enjoy the glorified mainline

☮️ on 🌍

• Like 1